Vancouver to LA Weather

gretan

I’m starting to pack for next Saturday’s 3 day cruise from Vancouver to LA on the Royal. Rain is in the forecast for Vancouver and LA is gorgeous right now.  It got me thinking... what’s it going to be like on the ship.  We always bring a light sweater because ships tend to be over air conditioned, but has anyone done this cruise and can share your experience?  Thanks!

Gretchen

I am on the same cruise. Weather forecast for Vancouver for Sunday14 September is low 70’s with chance of rain. Nights will be colder, especially at sea. The Pacific is cold water, especially that far north. LA is still hot right now (90-100), but due to cool a bit on Sunday. A jacket or sweater should be enough for Vancouver.

• Like 1

We've done this cruise quite a few times and have had varying weather.  Once, it rained solid for the first two days.  Another time, it was so foggy, the fog horn was blaring night and day and made it impossible to sleep.  But the majority of the time, we've had gorgeous warm sunny days with cool evenings and mornings.  

Thanks everyone for your responses.  You confirmed what I was thinking.  We live in Manhattan Beach (suburb of LA) and have done about 30 cruises, but very few on the west coast, so I really appreciate the feedback!

I will be on this cruise and have done it many times.  Agree with others - expect fall weather and possibly some rain.  A light

sweater at night and a long sleeve pullover during the day.  Also bringing a wind breaker hoodie this go round. Only once was the ship rocking and rolling to the distress of the blue cards.  I always bring my bonine just in case.  I wear long athletic pants

during the day and dress pants at night.

1 hour ago, matadams4u said:

I will be on this cruise and have done it many times.  Agree with others - expect fall weather and possibly some rain.  A light

sweater at night and a long sleeve pullover during the day.  Also bringing a wind breaker hoodie this go round. Only once was the ship rocking and rolling to the distress of the blue cards.  I always bring my bonine just in case.  I wear long athletic pants

during the day and dress pants at night.

Layers for sure.

5 hours ago, gretan said:

Thanks everyone for your responses.  You confirmed what I was thinking.  We live in Manhattan Beach (suburb of LA) and have done about 30 cruises, but very few on the west coast, so I really appreciate the feedback!

I grew up in Manhattan Beach!!  I will also be on this cruise with my husband and in-laws. I did the similar one last year and the weather was mild most of the time, especially the last day was nice for being outside. A northbound I did this May, not so much.