Princess Cays info and tips?

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

Hello everyone!   We have been to Princess Cays, a long time ago.  We just went to the main area, to the left of the dock.  I am wondering if we should check out the other, smaller and quieter side???   I think there is supposed to be some fish/snorkeling around the rock areas, but I am not sure where.  Can you find clearer water on one side over the other?

Also, you can go to either side without actually leaving the Princess area, right.   I think somebody on a video was confused, and seemed to think that walking over to the right, to the smaller area, mean going thru the gates.  But, I don't think that is right.

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Hello everyone!   We have been to Princess Cays, a long time ago.  We just went to the main area, to the left of the dock.  I am wondering if we should check out the other, smaller and quieter side???   I think there is supposed to be some fish/snorkeling around the rock areas, but I am not sure where.  Can you find clearer water on one side over the other?

Also, you can go to either side without actually leaving the Princess area, right.   I think somebody on a video was confused, and seemed to think that walking over to the right, to the smaller area, mean going thru the gates.  But, I don't think that is right.

You can go to either side. There are lots of clam shells to the right and the shore is more rocky. The main area has a better beach and there is some snorkeling there by the pier.

To the right is a smaller buffet area for lunch which is not as busy. We normally go there. Drinks are available, but no bar. There were also some street wagons there with tacos, dogs, and some other items which we found nice.

2 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Debarking the water shuttle dock walk to the right beach area or to the left beach area.

Don't walk through any gates and you will be fine.

The right side seems more laid back. Everything was less crowded. When we were there last April, there was a bar at the edge of the beach above the clamshells. The beach is definitely rocky - I suggest water shoes if you plan on going into the water.

As I remember, getting there from the tender involved a few stairs on the dock. I recall a bit of initial confusion as to how to get there. I understand how someone might think you need to go outside the fence; but as stated above, you do not. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Agree with previous poster about taking water shoes if thinking of taking to the water.

Souvenir shops charge things to your cabin, we found them very expensive with a limited range.

In the back and through the gate are local vendors. If you want to visit bring cash and a photo ID.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:58 PM, skynight said:

You can go to either side. There are lots of clam shells to the right and the shore is more rocky. The main area has a better beach and there is some snorkeling there by the pier.

To the right is a smaller buffet area for lunch which is not as busy. We normally go there. Drinks are available, but no bar. There were also some street wagons there with tacos, dogs, and some other items which we found nice.

They have a bar on that side also. It's at the very end of the seating area.

19 minutes ago, Potstech said:

IS the small buffet area on the right side basically the same as the buffet on the left side? Do they serve the same hamburgers and hot dog lunch on both sides? Thanks for the info.

Yes, basically the same. There is a greater amount of fruit on the left  or main side. The smaller side has some street wagons  with selections that were not available on the left side. Of course the street wagons are portable and they could be in different locations than what we saw. 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, skynight said:

The smaller side has some street wagons  with selections that were not available on the left side.

I have yet to try the carts but just might give it a shot in Oct. 

It's all prepared on the ship so how bad can it be? 😉

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I have asked and the opinions ranged from "great tacos and guac" to "meh, wasn't even good". 

It didn't entice me last time we were there but I'll at least try it once so I know how to rate it. I've never seen any long lines waiting to get food.