Sojourn Bars and room service

pnsnkr

Greetings,

We are booked in the Sojourn for the Caribbean itinerary in November and have a few questions regarding the various bars on the ship.

- What are the bar hours during port days and sea days?  Which bar remains open late in the night? 

- Does the coffee bar serve mimosas, bloody mary's in the morning or is it strictly a beverage bar?  Are there other bars open in the morning?

- We've seen reviews of Champagne being delivered as part of room service.  Does this extend to cocktails as well, for instance Martinis or Margaritas?

- Is there a favorite bar where the crowd gravitates towards? 

- What are the must-try cocktails?

Thank you

5 hours ago, pnsnkr said:

Greetings,

We are booked in the Sojourn for the Caribbean itinerary in November and have a few questions regarding the various bars on the ship.

- What are the bar hours during port days and sea days?  Which bar remains open late in the night? 

- Does the coffee bar serve mimosas, bloody mary's in the morning or is it strictly a beverage bar?  Are there other bars open in the morning?

- We've seen reviews of Champagne being delivered as part of room service.  Does this extend to cocktails as well, for instance Martinis or Margaritas?

Thank you

I can make a few comments.  The 2 busy bars late at night are the Club, where there is live music and dancing, and then the Observation Bar where there is piano music and a singer.  The Observation Bar is the go-to place for cocktails before dinner.  You can get just about anything at the Observation Bar, including Lillet!  Unusual cocktail:  The Old Cuban available at the TK restaurant bar.  In the morning I gravitate to Seabourn Square where I love, love, love the fresh orange juice, virgin only please!  Plus lots of coffee.

• Thanks 1

Open late at night is subjective! Observation bar usually closes at midnight.

The Club closes later, depending on how many guests are still there. I don't tend to have a lot of late nights when on holiday and am not a heavy drinker so I'm usually not up too late but there was one time in the Club that the bar tender finished his shift but left a selection of bottles out on the bar for self service by the 8 or so of us guests who were still up, this was around 3am-ish. 

• Thanks 1

Sojourn is a relatively small ship. The information above is accurate. You will find your way around quickly and hopefully find or create the crowd you seek. But this is not a “party line” at all. I hope you will not be disappointed and that you will be prepared to adjust your current expectations.

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Sojourn in early June.  The only bar open in the morning is the Patio Bar.  It opens at 10am every day except embarkation day when it opens at noon.  The coffee bar at Seabourn Square had Bailey's, Kahlua and such but it was in a cabinet and not out in the open.  You had to know to ask for it.  You can also order mimosas or bloody Mary's (or anything else) from your server at breakfast.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pnsnkr said:

Thank you

Personally, love a White Lady and a French 75.  Both quite citrus but my cup of tea!  Oh... and a Negroni and a Gibson (in TK's The Grill... delicious) 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:49 PM, pnsnkr said:

Greetings,

Thank you

The coffee bar in Seabourn Square serves Irish coffee and Baileys so I'm sure they have mimosas.

The pool bars are open "a lot".  Can't remember the exact hours (maybe 10 to 10) but it's my go to bar whenever I need a drink.  A "MUST-TRY" cocktail - Rusty Nail

Bars hours are the same in port or at sea, FYI

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, islandchick said:

I am also curious about the room service drinks. I have seen several reviews that say they were able to get champagne with their room service caviar order. Will they bring cocktails to your room?

One other thing to realize is that you and your suite companion can each request a bottle of liquor of your choice for your suite--along with whatever mixers you would like.  So--you always have the option of mixing your own drink--day or night.  

7 minutes ago, SLSD said:

One other thing to realize is that you and your suite companion can each request a bottle of liquor of your choice for your suite--along with whatever mixers you would like.  So--you always have the option of mixing your own drink--day or night.  

Yeah, it is great that they stock your room .Actually, I have already requested my liquor for the stateroom. My question is can you get a cocktail with room service. For instance, can I order a bloody mary with  my room service breakfast?

5 minutes ago, islandchick said:

Yeah, it is great that they stock your room .Actually, I have already requested my liquor for the stateroom. My question is can you get a cocktail with room service. For instance, can I order a bloody mary with  my room service breakfast?

Absolutely .... it's Seabourn. 

Just hand write your drink request on your breakfast door tag.

12 hours ago, raphael360 said:

Absolutely .... it's Seabourn. 

Just hand write your drink request on your breakfast door tag.

Thank you very much. This will be my first Seabourn cruise so I am just trying to figure out whats acceptable. I don't want to come across as a pampered princess once on board. :classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, islandchick said:

Thank you very much. This will be my first Seabourn cruise so I am just trying to figure out whats acceptable. I don't want to come across as a pampered princess once on board. :classic_tongue:

islandchick, Don't worry about coming across as a pampered princess.  I was worried about coming across as a prima donna for asking for a pitcher of iced tea every morning with my breakfast.  Our room service waiter regaled us with some of the everyday requests.  He says there is a woman who always orders a hamburger and a bottle of wine.  Others had steak every morning for breakfast.  I doubt that your Bloody Mary will phase them.  I hope you have a wonderful time on your first Seabourn cruise.  Please consider giving us a real time report here on Cruise Critic.  It would be fun to read--especially from a first time Seabourn passenger.  

Edited by SLSD

islandchick (love that name),

I've done so so many cruises on the big box cruise lines including Royal, Celebrity (my favorite before discovering SB) and others.  The questions you are asking are very good ones being a "first time" Seabourn passenger.  But, and it's a big but, pleasing passengers and providing the best customer service possible is just in Seaboun's DNA.  The only "no" I've ever heard from a SB staff member was "no problem".  "It would be my pleasure" is the standard reply to almost every question or request I've had. Really!  My advice; get use to the SB experience. You're going to love it. 

I was so blown away by the difference on my first SB cruise in 2012 that I never looked back.  I'm almost Diamond now and plan 2 to 3 SB cruises a year. Your questions actually take me back to my "can I have that bloody mary for breakfast" days in 2012.  Sometimes I forget how great SB is.

This is a great place to ask these kind of questions.  Seabourn passengers are a kind and unpretentious group and always willing to help. I'm very excited for you, it being your first time and all.

raphael360- Celebrity has always been my favorite and the suite experience on Celebrity is great. I will say that Celebrity seems to be going in the wrong direction for us lately so my husband an I have been thinking about branching out for a while . Seabourn seems like the best cruise line for us and we are very excited to experience luxury cruising.

4 hours ago, raphael360 said:

While for red?  It's important

LOL, I don't know.  Our room service waiter told us about some other requests that I don't remember the details of now.  He was trying to make me feel better about the daily pitcher of iced tea. Very thoughtful.