Quantum class superior corner oversized oceanview cabins

I was looking at cabins 11101, 11510, and such from decks 8-11 that are on the corners of the Aft of the Quantum class ships. These are oceanview cabins that appear to have a lot more space than even a regular balcony cabin. 

What can you tell me about them? Any downside? 

I heard some of them might have a pole going through the middle of the cabin. Don’t know which ship or deck this applies to. 

I am planning on booking one of these cabins for 3 people on the Spectrum of the Seas out of Shanghai to Japan. 

Edited by Florida_cruisers

41 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

I was looking at cabins 11101, 11510, and such from decks 8-11 that are on the corners of the Aft of the Quantum class ships. These are oceanview cabins that appear to have a lot more space than even a regular balcony cabin. 

I heard some of them might have a pole going through the middle of the cabin. Don’t know which ship or deck this applies to. 

I am planning on booking one of these cabins for 3 people on the Spectrum of the Seas out of Shanghai to Japan. 

I can't find those cabins on the deck plans but based on numbering those are forward cabins not aft.  I know that we are in 12718 on the Anthem, Starboard side just before the aft so based on deck plans and numbering those don't seem  be aft.

57 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Those are not aft cabins.  Those are forward cabins... you are reading the deck plan backwards.  11110 and 11510 spacious OV Cabins.  

We’ve got 10510 on Anthem for a 2020 sailing. It is forward starboard side. My understanding, based on pics and posts I’ve found online, is that it has a giant pole in it. I also understand that you generally feel a lot more movement when you’re forward. 

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Those are not aft cabins.  Those are forward cabins... you are reading the deck plan backwards.  11110 and 11510 spacious OV Cabins.  

You are right, they are forward cabins. At the very front of the ship. 

From the pictures I’ve seen not all of those cabins have the pole. But I don’t know which ones do and which ones don’t. Again I’d be going on the Spectrum, if that makes a difference. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, BunnyHutt said:

We’ve got 10510 on Anthem for a 2020 sailing. It is forward starboard side. My understanding, based on pics and posts I’ve found online, is that it has a giant pole in it. I also understand that you generally feel a lot more movement when you’re forward. 

Movement at front of ship is greatly overstated. You know the aft goes up and down as well😉

• Like 1