Tenders in central Florida

summer slope

These sit on 98 headed towards Lorida.  None of the ones you found are close.  They say Rotterdam on the back and Zuiderdam on the side.  They are not new...really old looking.  I was just shocked to see them on dry land.

E8D41447-C64E-4284-BE88-0C85FD81BF18.jpeg

Edited by summer slope

20 minutes ago, summer slope said:

They say Rotterdam on the back and Zuiderdam on the side.

I believe all HAL ships and boats say Rotterdam on the stern as that is their Port of Registry.

21 minutes ago, summer slope said:

They are not new...really old looking.

Okay, that shoots my new-build theory.  So apparently these are ones that have been replaced on Z-dam.

Does anybody have a theory why a fence company would want old tenders?

1 minute ago, catl331 said:

There are across the street from the fence company.  I mentioned Brookers as a point of reference.  There are no signs on the building next to the fenced lot where they are.

21 minutes ago, catl331 said:

I believe all HAL ships and boats say Rotterdam on the stern as that is their Port of Registry.

Okay, that shoots my new-build theory.  So apparently these are ones that have been replaced on Z-dam.

Yes, all tenders say Rotterdam on the stern.

Thread drift, but a funny story. I was in a port where only one ship could dock. Rotterdam got the dock, my ship (Zuiderdam IIRC), had to tender. A woman got on the tender and sat down next to me. She said "Is this the tender to Zuiderdam?" and I replied that yes, it was. She said "But it says Rotterdam on the back." I explained about port of registry, and she asked if I was sure this wasn't a tender going to the Rotterdam. I just said yes, I was sure. I wanted to say "There are no tenders for the  Rotterdam because SHE IS DOCKED." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, catl331 said:

Okay, but maybe one of these three can meet the requirements.  They have to be built somewhere ... why not Sebring?

Lifeboat builders tend to only build lifeboats. It is a specialized business, and the majority of their business is in reinspecting and repair to their boats.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am a medical courier and had to come from the east coast of Florida to Sebring hospital. As I was driving north on 98 I saw the familiar  orange color and said on the way back I have to stop. I pulled in and started taking pictures and a very nice young lady come outside and I explained that I was a cruiser and I could not help myself. She explained that it happen many times a day. She said that her company builds and maintains the tenders and life boats all around the world. These are some pictures of boats from the Triumph, Victory and Zuiderdam.

IMG_20210113_115713937_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210113_115714356_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210113_115727472_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210113_115740589_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210113_115751440.jpg

IMG_20210113_115758776.jpg

IMG_20210113_115813443.jpg

IMG_20210113_120244572_HDR.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3