Upgrade Question

HARLEYCHIC80

Does anyone know if we take an upgrade now (offering $34 to move from deck 1 interior to deck 8 interior) would they still possibly send other upgrade offers? Or will they only let you take advantage of one offer? I know all offers are subject to availability and nothing is guaranteed.

We do not sail until May 2020...so I do not want to jump the gun too soon, but a higher floor seems more desirable and less cruise ship travel!  Thanks!

I've taken an upgrade (upsell) twice now and once I've taken an offer, I have not received any subsequent offers for that sailing.  Your own experience may vary, but I have found that the best upgrade (upsell) offers come closer to and often after the final payment date.  Unless your sailing is a popular one (i.e. Memorial Day), I would think you would be safe waiting for subsequent offers.  

I've gotten a few upgrade offers for my May 2020 Panorama cruise. I took the last upgrade from interior to OV front. I had one last month to move to Balcony. I passed.  I just received another email for another upgrade to another OV but in the AFT. I'm going to pass since I get seasick in the back of the ship.  But yes I've gotten quite a few upgrades for this Panorama cruise.

You do not always need to wait for an up-sale offer...  just keep an eye out for price reductions on the cruise(s) you booked.  Sometimes you can get both an upgrade and a price reduction.

I booked two cruises back in March... both Balcony category 8C cabins at the front of the ship.  Since those bookings, I have moved to a Cat 8D center of ship cabin with two separate price reductions (about 1 month apart) totaling over $500 on one cruise... and moved to a Cat 8E center of ship cabin, also with two separate price reductions  (again, about 1 month apart) totaling over $200 on the other cruise.

So... stay proactive on pricing... you might get a better deal.  Heck, you may be able to move from an interior to an exterior cabin, etc., without any price increase.

Offered an extended balcony from our balcony on our Jan cruise for $48 total for four. The cabin offered however is right under the Lido deck. There is a cabin of the same category open a deck lower but is connecting and I don't want to lose the space by having a door. Assume that would mean chair instead of couch and thus two upper bunks instead of one

14 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

There is a cabin of the same category open a deck lower but is connecting ...

Another issue I've read is that if they get a couple families of 3 or 4 each that want connecting rooms, that Carnival may move you out of a connecting room if there are just two of you.  I keep away from these connected rooms, and rooms with bunk beds and pull-down beds for this reason. 

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Another issue I've read is that if they get a couple families of 3 or 4 each that want connecting rooms, that Carnival may move you out of a connecting room if there are just two of you.  I keep away from these connected rooms, and rooms with bunk beds and pull-down beds for this reason. 

We are already 4 so that is why I don’t want to lose any seating space. The one in question connects to a double but I could also see a family of 6 wanting the two cabins. Anyway, not worth it to me to change. Just won’t tell the other 3 we could have had a larger balcony.

19 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Anyway, not worth it to me to change. 

Check out the current prices... just do a mock booking to see what the prices are now... perhaps you can upgrade for free ( see me post above )… or even better, get the extended balcony and a price reduction.  Certainly worth the effort... has saved me over $700 so far on my upcoming cruises... and I upgraded as well.

4 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Booking a connecting is the best way to fish for an upsell offer for this reason.  

6 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Offered an extended balcony from our balcony on our Jan cruise for $48 total for four. The cabin offered however is right under the Lido deck. There is a cabin of the same category open a deck lower but is connecting and I don't want to lose the space by having a door. Assume that would mean chair instead of couch and thus two upper bunks instead of one

thats a good deal!

I'm on the Vista in December.  Received an upsell offer from balcony cabin deck 7 mid ship to lido deck for $26 for myself and husband, accepted it.  I did receive another upsell offer for the same trip a little after the offer I took and it was for a suite on deck 7 but for $960.  Declined that offer because I didn't want to spend $960 more dollars.  So yes, I did get two different emails weeks apart for the same cruise and these both are before final payment date.  Also, I got both of these offers and I had not even paid for the cruise yet just had paid the deposit.

I'm currently booked in an inside cabin for May 2020. I've received upsell offers for balconies that were over $400. A week after the last one (which I've been ignoring) I got a balcony offer for $288 that I still ignored. My inside is a 4k so I will have ocean views in between the lifeboats. But if I get one for close to $200 I will accept. I don't want to take a chance to see how low they will go and miss the chance to get a balcony at a great price.

18 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Booking a connecting is the best way to fish for an upsell offer for this reason.  

Bingo!!  We never booked an inside connecting when we first started cruising, but the last several cruises we have booked an inside connecting and have received upsell offers each time.  Sometimes the offers are months before the cruise, last February they called the day before we left for the cruise.  We have turned down offers and received additional offers each time.  Sometimes the offers are not so good, sometimes they are great.    A few words of advice, when you first pick your cabin,  make sure you will be content in that cabin, my PVP says upsells are random, you can't count on them each cruise.  We are OK with an inside connecting, just lucky to receive these offers.