Large Family Bookings.

JP82

My sister has five children. So if we wanted to book:

Three Adults (myself, my sister and her husband)

2 x 16 yr olds

2x 10 yr olds

1 x 6 yr old

(yes she has two sets of twins).

What would be our best option? I just did the Western Med on Oasis, and was thinking about doing the Allure next year with them all.

Is there anything like a family suite or family deal? Is my only option to call up as the website seems to suggest? I feel like that with that mix of numbers it's hard to split across cabins?

A couple of options.  

Like Bob said, use a travel agent that has group space.  To get the group rates you need to book as double occupancy cabins which even though means 4 cabins it could be cheaper than other options.  You could do a pair of balconies with insides across the hall or other combinations.

Another cabin  option is wait until there is a kids sail free and get a family suite that holds 6 (the three under 13 would only pay taxes) and another cabin close by.

• Like 1

I have five kids (just one set of twins). We book connecting balcony cabins, four and three, so I’d have them book two cabins for their family, and book a double for yourself. Cruising is pretty close to camping with close quarters, I’d only stay with immediate family in a cabin. On our last cruise, my kids ranged from 14 - 20.

6 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I have five kids (just one set of twins). We book connecting balcony cabins, four and three, so I’d have them book two cabins for their family, and book a double for yourself. Cruising is pretty close to camping with close quarters, I’d only stay with immediate family in a cabin. On our last cruise, my kids ranged from 14 - 20.

Agreed, but I'm the "Cool Uncle" so there's no way I'd get away with a cabin to myself!! I'm gonna end up with at least one in there with me!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JP82 said:

Agreed, but I'm the "Cool Uncle" so there's no way I'd get away with a cabin to myself!! I'm gonna end up with at least one in there with me!!

Then I would do two connecting cabins and a third cabin, I’ve priced out suites and it’s always been a lot cheaper to do regular cabins. Maybe bunk with the teens since they probably won’t be in the cabin much anyway, especially at night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JP82 said:

And hopefully I can get some kind of rate for this from an agent. As pricing it up separately on the website makes it seem like I should just sell my house?

We’ve cruised with my parents, so three cabins, have never received a discount. 

30 minutes ago, JP82 said:

And hopefully I can get some kind of rate for this from an agent. As pricing it up separately on the website makes it seem like I should just sell my house?

Start by selling body parts. That might cover it and at least you have somewhere to go after the cruise. 
Yes - it’s expensive. 

We were 34 people and used a TA.  Some booked by themselves and then transferred to TA.  The TA worked to get us linked for dinner with a group of tables near each other...tables of4, 6, 10.  We changed tables each night so we could all sit with the aunt and uncle being honored, 70th anniversary.   So even if you all want to book, using a good TA helps with organizing the group stuff.