Beer

luvsvacations

The selection in the ship's bars is bigger than what room service offers. The bars typically run a 5 for 4 special in a bucket and you can ask the server not to open them. IIRC, the bucket is only on the open decks but you can still get the special at the other bars.

6 minutes ago, luvsvacations said:

Then can you take it to your cabin.  I know their preference will be on the balcony..........

Thanks

Yes, cabin or anywhere on the ship. The bartender may automatically open one bottle. Just request they don't when ordering. Some brands may not be included in the 5 for 4 price.

Edited by skynight

26 minutes ago, luvsvacations said:

Thanks - I did not know if you were able to carry it around.

any drink purchased from Princess, including beer, can be taken most anywhere on the ship ... no open container 'laws' to worry about.

your 'free from corkage fee' wines/champagnes are to be consumed in your cabin ( some have posted about pouring it in a glass and carrying it wherever ... )

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

The selection in the ship's bars is bigger than what room service offers. The bars typically run a 5 for 4 special in a bucket and you can ask the server not to open them. IIRC, the bucket is only on the open decks but you can still get the special at the other bars.

None of the beer available in the bucket are anything my wife will drink. If you like fizzy yellow water beer such as Coors, Budweiser, etc. you can get the deal. If you like actual beer you are out of luck. We haven't had any problem getting unopened beer at a bar to take back to our cabin.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Thrak said:

None of the beer available in the bucket are anything my wife will drink. If you like fizzy yellow water beer such as Coors, Budweiser, etc. you can get the deal. If you like actual beer you are out of luck. We haven't had any problem getting unopened beer at a bar to take back to our cabin.

On the CB I asked a bar tender for a bucket of Lagunitas.  No problem getting a bucket and the beer, but no discount :(.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

On the CB I asked a bar tender for a bucket of Lagunitas.  No problem getting a bucket and the beer, but no discount :(.

Hank

Exactly. However, it's still better to drink Lagunitas at full price than Bud or Coors at a discount.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Exactly. However, it's still better to drink Lagunitas at full price than Bud or Coors at a discount.

There are MANY of us out there who don't care for the taste of a "hoppy" ale. Many of us prefer a pislner or a banquet beer with no hops after taste.Personally, I prefer a cleaner, fresher taste and no after taste.

To each his own.

Cheers!🍺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

There are MANY of us out there who don't care for the taste of a "hoppy" ale. Many of us prefer a pislner or a banquet beer with no hops after taste.Personally, I prefer a cleaner, fresher taste and no after taste.

To each his own.

Cheers!🍺

If that were not the case then those beers wouldn't be selling by the bazillions. Obviously there is a huge market. I would hate for everybody to be the same - especially if they were all like me.

21 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We are on the Coral in November.  Do all Princess ships have 5 for 4.  Would be a good idea to get the special, have it filled with ice and take back to our cabin and even if we don't finish the bucket, can always get more ice to keep for later.

My sister and I each won a bottle of champagne on board last month. We took one to the Crown Grill and another to the MDR. Nothing was said by the waiters... however, they may have felt sorry for us for the quality.  We're not connoisseurs so enjoyed the free drinks.

jimlouisesophie,

Every cabin has a fridge and ice bucket. Our mini bar we receive as a perk had XX Dos Equis and we exchanged some small bottles of alcohol for Heineken and Coors Light. Enjoy your beer!

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

any of us could care less for the so called "actual beer" that tastes like anything but beer. We will go with what we like and let others drink the swill with all the fruity wonders in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1