Alaska Cruisetours

jhreben

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Some will. Some won't. They aren't all the same.

Thanks.  We're considering an NCL cruise in 2020, and I have limited mobility (cane). I don't want to find out I'll be walking 11,000 steps a day. I just returned from a Baltic cruise and it was rough.

If you are referring to a pre or post cruise land tour, much of that is spent on trains and motor coaches with stops and tours in various locations.  Most land and sea cruise tours will have detailed descriptions included which will describe the tours at each location that should identify the amount of walking required.  This would be the case as well with ship sponsored tours in ports of call on a cruise. However what one does or does not do with each is up to the individual.  But as others have said it varies by tour.  I think you need to check with the cruise line - or travel agent - involved and look on their website or talk with a representative to get a better understanding of the tours specific to your trip plans. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I don't know if this applies to what you're thinking of doing, and I can only speak to my own experience. On the one Princess land tour that we did, there wasn't much walking that wasn't completely optional, other than getting onto and off of buses and trains. 

While we did a bit of walking on our cruisetour, it was totally optional.  Our first day in Fairbanks, a bus took us to a riverboat ride, then the bus took us to a dredge which you could skip walking through, and finally to a gold mine which had a little walking but not much at all.  The next day, we were off to Denali so that was a day in  a train or bus, and then the next day was an 8-hour bus ride into Denali (fantastic trip).  We then took a train to Anchorage, were taken to hotel, and got up the next morning for a bus ride to Seward to catch the ship.  In Seward, we took the Kenai Fjords tour which was about 5 hours on a smaller boat, but frankly second only to the trip into Denali.  All in all, not much walking, and I would think you could handle it. 

Then we were on the cruise.  We took a whale watch trip in Juneau, but their van picked us up at the ship.  In Ketchikan, we took a float plane trip, but a van picked us up for that as well.

Overall a great trip, and I suspect that you could do it, and make memories for a lifetime.