Stamp awards

Radar boomer

Hi, we are going to try hard to get enough stamps for the binoculars. Does anyone remember how many are needed for that prize.

we seems to just get enough for a clock and the pen set..

we have a 16 night coming up on November 10th so hoping this many days may help this time

8 hours ago, Radar boomer said:

Hi, we are going to try hard to get enough stamps for the binoculars. Does anyone remember how many are needed for that prize.

we have a 16 night coming up on November 10th so hoping this many days may help this time

I'm need to Cunard.  What's this stamp program?

You receive a sticker if you win a quiz or a sport competition that is marked on the daily program as one where stickers can be won.

I think it is either thirty or thirty five stickers for the binoculars. We noticed that the 8pm quiz is now a bottle of wine, as is the later 9.45 quiz. They appeared to have cut back on events that you could win stickers on during our cruise last week. 

Good luck with your quest for the big prize, we only managed 8 stickers (a Cunard glass) on our 14 nights!

14 hours ago, Radar boomer said:

Since we don't participate in the trivia games knew from other CC'ers traveled with that they received some sort of stamp, coupon that they can submit for a prize at the end of the sailing.

Remember on the last sailing, they were excited in obtaining several items that were being offered.

Good luck on your quest. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Camgirl said:

You receive a sticker if you win a quiz or a sport competition that is marked on the daily program as one where stickers can be won.

I think it is either thirty or thirty five stickers for the binoculars. We noticed that the 8pm quiz is now a bottle of wine, as is the later 9.45 quiz. They appeared to have cut back on events that you could win stickers on during our cruise last week. 

Good luck with your quest for the big prize, we only managed 8 stickers (a Cunard glass) on our 14 nights!

More than me. I've managed a couple of pencils! I'd rather have had the wine!

21 hours ago, Camgirl said:

Any idea if there's an alternative to the wine for non-drinkers?

The sticker stamps were introduced in January 2019, prior to that it was a stamp in a book.  There was a great fuss about all the wonderful new prizes after Southampton but unfortunately even by Hong Kong - 6 weeks later not all had come onboard.  The library still used the old stamper method if you won the library quiz.

Clocks, weather stations and umbrellas.  Vacuum flasks still available and binoculars.  

The wine was ok - I preferred the red to the white. It was on the wine list as well.

Edited by Elephant1151

5 hours ago, gengens said:

Any idea if there's an alternative to the wine for non-drinkers?

No. No alternative. Our team of non drinkers won a couple of times in the evening. We passed the wine on to those that came second.

It used to only be a bottle (Or sometimes a half bottle) of Pol Acker. On this cruise it was a choice of red or white wine.

Edited by Camgirl

• 2 months later...

Finally after 16 nights and many many events got our binoculars..30 stamps were needed. Top prize...

a few items available included from what I can remember =

1 stamp, pencil or deck of cards

3 stamps, pen/keychain

4 stamps, USB stock

7 or 8, Cunard glass tumbler

10 stamps, flask and cups (like a picnic set)

Also nice wine cork opener set and a option of a barometer, don’t recall exact numbers but think no more than 15.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Pleased to see you got them, I had forgotten to ask how the final day went. You should have stayed on board, the compettion after NYC was pretty thin on the ground for quite a few days, you'd have cleaned up the stamps between Anne and yourself

Jim