An Imperfect Day at CocoCay - Review of NotS 3N 9/20

awestover89

10 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

We did not grab any pics of the sofabed unfortunately. The bed came out lengthwise, so like the back of the sofa became the headboard, and the two armrests were still there. The section where the seats of the sofa were when it was folded in was the least comfortable, the middle section was a little better but not much, and the last like foot or so at the very end of the bed was actually quite comfortable. 

So, you sleep perpendicular, but the seat cushions become the mattress.  Well, at least my sister and I will fit.  Hopefully we'll be able to speak with the room attendant.  Do we know if there is someone I can email to possibly have some extra padding or something in there before we even get to the room?  I don't think it's a special needs issue...or maybe it is.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, awestover89 said:

The sofa bed was by far the most uncomfortable bed I've ever felt. We debated trying to get a topper of some sort from our steward, but after the muster drill notification the first night (before the bed had been pulled out) we never managed to see him again.

I always pack a pen and a pad of Post-It notes for communicating with the room steward.  Works great!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

So weather and flight issues were big contributors to an "imperfect day" experience. Can't wait to see what Royal Caribbean can do to address those 2 things (🤨 ???). Gotta love the chronic complainers in the world today.

I did say in my review that the title was mostly tongue in cheek and had much more to do with the general grumbling I heard on board when Royal staff were sticking to their scripts and chipperly calling it "perfect".

I never said anything about wanting Royal to address either issue; but both were a large part of our cruise experience. Flying in the day before is already good advice, but as we saw in this case it's not always enough. Having a list of alternative flights so you know what your options are in case of bad weather is important.

To me, I believe that all aspects of a review are important which is why I included mentions of the background of our decision to book this cruise, the stressful start (which was completely out of ours and Royal's control), and the behavior of employees at an excursion not affiliated with or purchased through Royal.

We knowingly made the decision to cruise during the height of hurricane season, even with two cruisers travelling from South Florida and one from South Texas, and I don't blame Royal or anybody else for any issues caused by the weather. However, I feel it would be disingenuous to exclude such pieces from a review just because they are out of Royal's control or might make me look like a "chronic complainer"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

And you forgot to mention the dessert section was empty during lunch during boarding everyone wa saying something about it but they didn’t do anything 

For the first time in our cruising history we actually did not go in the Windjammer at all this cruise. No sea days, we had a place we wanted to get lunch at in Miami on boarding day, and we ate on the island at Coco Cay and on site at Atlantis in Nassau.

• Like 1

I have a funny Atlantis story from our long weekend there quite a few years ago:

I was recovering from a respiratory infection so I didn’t feel up to any of the exciting rides, but I did agree to go on the lazy river with my DH. He found its location and led me to it. We got our tubes and waited in line. Keep in mind that I was still on strong cough suppressant and DH can be, well, clueless. As the line slowly moved toward the entrance I noticed that people were entering via a dark hole and then screaming. I turned to DH and said, “I don’t think this is the lazy river.” Someone behind me laughed. 

DH said, “I thought it was.” It was now my turn and I thought, What the heck and went down the tube that went through the shark tank. DH apologized, but it makes a good memory!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/28/2019 at 7:47 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

So weather and flight issues were big contributors to an "imperfect day" experience. Can't wait to see what Royal Caribbean can do to address those 2 things (🤨 ???). Gotta love the chronic complainers in the world today.

How about desserts in day 1 lunch 🤔😨😱?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 10:57 PM, brillohead said:

I always pack a pen and a pad of Post-It notes for communicating with the room steward.  Works great!

I also do that to leave notes for the hubby. Many times I have found the room steward all dolled up, meeting me at a bar.....now I understand why!!!! LOL!🤣

• Haha 1