car service from times square

bfloluci2

2 hours ago, bfloluci2 said:

looking for a reliable car service from Times Square hotel to Bayonne cruise port on Oct. 10...Thursday morning.  Recommendations please. What can I expect to pay for one couple? How long should I expect the ride to take?

Dial 7 and Carmel Limo are both car services often used and recommended by many posters here. Carmel Limo is often a few dollars cheaper than Dial 7. With tip and tolls figure on something approaching $100. Time for the trip will be very traffic dependent but likely in the 40 minutes to one hour range.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2019 at 7:40 AM, jbethel11 said:

Dial 212 then 7 seven times (dial 7, then dial 7) HAHA!

Though, I am not sure if they still exist, or a still that reliable.

Cool video and great advertisement

As said before, download the Carmel app.

Am a native NYCer and have been using them for years and have never been disappointed.

You set the time and date and location, and they are there at your location five 

minutes before. They will call you when they are there. 

You can select type of car or SUV and type of payment.

Their drivers surpass the quality found in Uber.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, Richpontone said:

As said before, download the Carmel app.

Am a native NYCer and have been using them for years and have never been disappointed.

You set the time and date and location, and they are there at your location five 

minutes before. They will call you when they are there. 

You can select type of car or SUV and type of payment.

Their drivers surpass the quality found in Uber.

after using them I have to disagree.  Total bad experience.  Just FYI I was not looking for reimbursement of my ride, but that what was communicated to me.  I just wanted an apology and for them to be concerned however that has not happened.

My daughter and I were booked on a Canada New England cruise leaving from the Brooklyn Cruise Pier. we were flying in a day early to spend some time in the city. I booked Carmel on high recommendations from many others. I booked three transfers with them. From LGA to our Times Square hotel, from our hotel to Red Hook Cruise port, and when we returned from our cruise from the pier to JFK. I understand it is NYC, but these were not cheap bookings. I did have Carmel cash to use $6.00 off each trip, so not too ad for NYC. Our first journey went pretty well, there were several streets blocked for some reason or another. He apologized and I told him not a problem we did get to see some of the city. However, he did not apply my Carmel cash and when I inquired about it, he told me next trip, although my account says I can use it from the airport to destination, then I have another for any rip and another to the airport. I didn't argue and left it go.

However here is where it gets interesting for our pickup from hotel to cruise port. I went ahead and but our next ride on my credit card so I wouldn’t have to dal with paying after our trip, I included a nice tip with it. S everything was prepaid for the trip to the port. First off I received a text about 8:40 that our ride was there and waiting, we were not scheduled until 9 so I called dispatch and they told me he was still 10 minutes away, so why I got the previous text I do not know. We were waiting out front of our hotel before 9 and our ride arrived. . when he got out, he looked at our standard sized luggage and said oh you have big ones. Now this car was the same size as the car that picked up the previous day. We also had two small carryon types. he couldn't fit them in although they had all fit the day before. May daughter literally had to load the luggage in the trunk. I got in the car while she finished and so did the driver. She was getting into the car and one of her bags spilled on the seat , we were both picking up the items when the driver took off with my daughter half in and half out of the car. she had to literally run alongside of the car with half her body in it. We had to yell several times for the driver to stop and finally he did , he said oh I thought you said to go. What type of driver does not make sure his passengers are securely in his vehicle? He didn’t apologize just muttered in a foreign language. Just lucky there wasn’t any cars parked at the curb that she would have run into, or that she didn’t slip under the car and get ran over. This could have been a very bad tragedy, all because of his negligence. We then proceeded onto our destination, the cruise sip was very apparent and in view when we arrived, however our driver had no idea where he was going. We were in some creepy alleyway with warehouses that appeared to be abandon, my daughter looked at me and I looked at her. We really wondered where he was taking us. I spoke up and said we need to be over there at the cruise ship, again he wound around and around not knowing where to go. He finally figured it out and we arrived. At that point he did ask my daughter if she was ok.

I immediately filed a complaint via email with Carmel, I received a generated email back saying they were looking into it and would get back to me. Well 96 hours had passed and I had not heard anything, we happened to be in a port where I had cell service, so I phone the representative was very sympathetic and said oh you should receive your money back, I will send it to his supervisor, but due to the extreme circumstances you should receive you trip refunded. Unfortunately, tropical storm Melissa appeared, so we never made it to another port and did not see land again until Sunday the 13th. I did have another email that they were looking into it.

Today Monday the14th I received a call stating that they would give me the drivers insurance information and I should file a police report since my daughter was almost hurt. To me this made no sense at all. I told them this and said this happened over a week ago and you want me to file a police report, she said yes you will need it for his insurance. Again, I said this makes no sense, and I said there is no refund and she said no. I then said I would write bad reviews and was going to dispute the charge with my credit card company. After all they did not perform their service properly. She said let me talk to another supervisor and call you back. She called back around half an hour later, she stated they could refund the tip, and send me a coupon for $10.00 off my next ride with them. I said really that is what you are offering me after you said the trip would be refunded. First off, I am not riding with you again, that should be obvious especially since I cancelled our pick from the port back to JFK so that does me no good at all. She said I know, but that is all that they will do since you did receive the service. I said received subpar service and that is not what I paid for, so I am going to dispute the charges and leave bad reviews for you on whatever I am a member of including Trip Advisor, Cruise Critic and many cruise Facebook groups. I told her that had come highly recommended and I received very poor service. Have disputed this with my credit card company.

Edited by mandmcruise

1 hour ago, mandmcruise said:

after using them I have to disagree.  Total bad experience.  Just FYI I was not looking for reimbursement of my ride, but that what was communicated to me.  I just wanted an apology and for them to be concerned however that has not happened.

My daughter and I were booked on a Canada New England cruise leaving from the Brooklyn Cruise Pier. we were flying in a day early to spend some time in the city. I booked Carmel on high recommendations from many others. I booked three transfers with them. From LGA to our Times Square hotel, from our hotel to Red Hook Cruise port, and when we returned from our cruise from the pier to JFK. I understand it is NYC, but these were not cheap bookings. I did have Carmel cash to use $6.00 off each trip, so not too ad for NYC. Our first journey went pretty well, there were several streets blocked for some reason or another. He apologized and I told him not a problem we did get to see some of the city. However, he did not apply my Carmel cash and when I inquired about it, he told me next trip, although my account says I can use it from the airport to destination, then I have another for any rip and another to the airport. I didn't argue and left it go.

However here is where it gets interesting for our pickup from hotel to cruise port. I went ahead and but our next ride on my credit card so I wouldn’t have to dal with paying after our trip, I included a nice tip with it. S everything was prepaid for the trip to the port. First off I received a text about 8:40 that our ride was there and waiting, we were not scheduled until 9 so I called dispatch and they told me he was still 10 minutes away, so why I got the previous text I do not know. We were waiting out front of our hotel before 9 and our ride arrived. . when he got out, he looked at our standard sized luggage and said oh you have big ones. Now this car was the same size as the car that picked up the previous day. We also had two small carryon types. he couldn't fit them in although they had all fit the day before. May daughter literally had to load the luggage in the trunk. I got in the car while she finished and so did the driver. She was getting into the car and one of her bags spilled on the seat , we were both picking up the items when the driver took off with my daughter half in and half out of the car. she had to literally run alongside of the car with half her body in it. We had to yell several times for the driver to stop and finally he did , he said oh I thought you said to go. What type of driver does not make sure his passengers are securely in his vehicle? He didn’t apologize just muttered in a foreign language. Just lucky there wasn’t any cars parked at the curb that she would have run into, or that she didn’t slip under the car and get ran over. This could have been a very bad tragedy, all because of his negligence. We then proceeded onto our destination, the cruise sip was very apparent and in view when we arrived, however our driver had no idea where he was going. We were in some creepy alleyway with warehouses that appeared to be abandon, my daughter looked at me and I looked at her. We really wondered where he was taking us. I spoke up and said we need to be over there at the cruise ship, again he wound around and around not knowing where to go. He finally figured it out and we arrived. At that point he did ask my daughter if she was ok.

I immediately filed a complaint via email with Carmel, I received a generated email back saying they were looking into it and would get back to me. Well 96 hours had passed and I had not heard anything, we happened to be in a port where I had cell service, so I phone the representative was very sympathetic and said oh you should receive your money back, I will send it to his supervisor, but due to the extreme circumstances you should receive you trip refunded. Unfortunately, tropical storm Melissa appeared, so we never made it to another port and did not see land again until Sunday the 13th. I did have another email that they were looking into it.

Today Monday the14th I received a call stating that they would give me the drivers insurance information and I should file a police report since my daughter was almost hurt. To me this made no sense at all. I told them this and said this happened over a week ago and you want me to file a police report, she said yes you will need it for his insurance. Again, I said this makes no sense, and I said there is no refund and she said no. I then said I would write bad reviews and was going to dispute the charge with my credit card company. After all they did not perform their service properly. She said let me talk to another supervisor and call you back. She called back around half an hour later, she stated they could refund the tip, and send me a coupon for $10.00 off my next ride with them. I said really that is what you are offering me after you said the trip would be refunded. First off, I am not riding with you again, that should be obvious especially since I cancelled our pick from the port back to JFK so that does me no good at all. She said I know, but that is all that they will do since you did receive the service. I said received subpar service and that is not what I paid for, so I am going to dispute the charges and leave bad reviews for you on whatever I am a member of including Trip Advisor, Cruise Critic and many cruise Facebook groups. I told her that had come highly recommended and I received very poor service. Have disputed this with my credit card company.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but he got you there. There is a lot of rushing in the city, around here I’m scrambling to get my seatbelt on. If your concern was with safety, you could have refused service and then disputed the charge. Car service, cabs and ride shares can always be hit or miss. Carmel is still one of the most recommended car services in the area for reliability and affordability. I think the person you talked to was wrong about a refund, since there isn’t any police report.

mjkacmom;  I am confused by your comment above.  You say there is a lot of rushing in the city; and you could have refused service.  An out of towner who has their bags in the trunk, and bags in back seat is going to say stop; I refuse service and I want out now?  Yea I guess that can happen; but how often.  I think mandemcruise was toatally overwhelmed what was happening; she was pressured because she wanted to get to the port; and good luck flagging the police or calling a station to file a report.  Let's look at the bright side;  I don't think there was a bright side to her story and trip.

Edited by AF-1

13 hours ago, AF-1 said:

mjkacmom;  I am confused by your comment above.  You say there is a lot of rushing in the city; and you could have refused service.  An out of towner who has their bags in the trunk, and bags in back seat is going to say stop; I refuse service and I want out now?  Yea I guess that can happen; but how often.  I think mandemcruise was toatally overwhelmed what was happening; she was pressured because she wanted to get to the port; and good luck flagging the police or calling a station to file a report.  Let's look at the bright side;  I don't think there was a bright side to her story and trip.

I don’t think this situations warrants a free $100 trip. The driver didn’t realize she wasn’t in the vehicle. No one was hurt. Even when I’m picking up my family from Newark airport, I’m driving before the minivan door is closed. Jim in the car, close the door, and then sort yourself out, like an elementary school drop off pick up lane on steroids. The bright side is she got to her destination. I have friends who use car service and uber a lot for work, I get live reports via text with “interesting” rides.

Call and report the guy, but don’t expect a full refund on a he said she said situation. There are more expensive companies where the drivers are more professional with better customer service. I’ve had good experiences with Empire, I think DH’s large company has a contract with them.