Condition of Cabins on CB

Tennant

We just booked a family suite on CB for April 2020. We are traveling with two young kids and are looking forward to the space and the new family area on board. However, what are the condition of the cabins? Have any upgrades been done? Saw some pictures from 2016 and was pretty horrified at the condition of the cabin in the pictures, mold and stains everywhere. I can’t imagine this is typical or who would go? Help! Please let me know the condition, if any Any upgrades have been made and if you have sailed in a family suite on this ship. 

Thanks!

Sounds bizarre to me. We sailed CB in March of 2018 and the cabin and ship were in great shape. We weren't in the Family Suite but I can't imagine it would be in the shape you describe.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 7

We were on the Caribbean princess in early July and the ship and our stateroom were in great condition. We stayed in a caribe deck balcony stateroom and we had no complaints. The ship went through two dry docks since 2016 so the video is probably not reflective of the conditions today.

The service, however, is a different story.... we found service on the CB to be a bit surly, bordering on unfriendly at times. But, that was our experience and may be different for you.  I chalked it up to the staff being overworked and just continued to be grateful and enjoyed my holiday.

Hope you and your family have a great time! 

Sailed on the Caribbean Princess in August. Our cabin had all new carpet.  Have not actually been in the family suite, but expect that has new carpet also. The entire ship was in really nice condition.

Two young kids. Check out the brand new youth zone on deck 17. It's really nice. It has a new splash pool with active features, really comfortable padded lounges and seating, many in the shade, plus a youth friendly bar area with beverages for the young.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

On Caribbean Princess in August. Felt like a new ship compared to the 3 previous times on same ship. Carpeting throughout the ship was new.The buffet had a brand new look.  Our balcony cabin on Caribe deck had the brand new carpeting too. I did notice that not all the cabins on this deck had new carpeting. Furniture was still the old. Mattresses were newer and very comfortable. I found service was good.

Thanks for the reassuring responses!! Can’t wait to check out the new family area. That and the availability of the family suite are our reasons for booking this cruises. Trying to sail with my grandparents who prefer princess and dancing in the wheelhouse bar! 

Still would love any feedback on the family suite if it’s out there!

2 hours ago, Tennant said:

aThanks for the reassuring responses!! Can’t wait to check out the new family area. That and the availability of the family suite are our reasons for booking this cruises. Trying to sail with my grandparents who prefer princess and dancing in the wheelhouse bar! 

Still would love any feedback on the family suite if it’s out there!

we were in  a  family  suite on  the  Crown this past  spring.

It  is  a  combo  of  inside  cabin  and  mini  suite.

You  will  have  all  the  suite  amenities …..Sabatini  for  breakfast  and  club  class  dining   for  lunch ( on  sea  days)  and  dinner.  If your  grandparents  did not  book   a  suite or  club  class cabin  they  will  not  be  able  to  eat  with  you unless you  eat  in main dining  or   fixed  siting.

There   are  two separate  entrances  to  cabins.  Inside  has  4 bunk  beds   with  shower.  Nice  shared sitting  area with  2 large  love  seats that  lead to  balcony.  There  is  a  door  that  closes  from  sitting  area  for  inside.

Mini  has  tub and open  to  shared  sitting  area.

Edited by cruiser113

• 2 weeks later...

Anymore recent cruises to comment? Still a little worried as the bad reviews on the main CC review page continue to come in and all keep saying this ship is in poor condition. I sailed this ship before in 2009 and didn’t think it was in good condition then but has been through many dry docks and upgrades since. Help, why is there so little information about this ship on this board?

We sailed on Caribbean Princess in the summer and thought she was in great shape. We had a Caribe balcony for us and an inside for the kids - both fine. The new seating area and layout for the buffet was much better and your kids will love the new play/splash zone up top. We had a fabulous itinerary from FL to Quebec, one that we could take again, very easily. The only real issue we experienced was that the theatre was overflowing most nights for the second performance; we watched most performances standing up for two weeks!

Sailed in May just after the last ship upgrades which included the addition of the splash zone and the ship seemed in great shape.  New carpet & new sofa in our room.  Our room steward was quick to point out the new sofa...I gather he had a rough day moving sofas in and out of the rooms during the time the ship was out of service.  I can only imagine what a headache that would have been.  The ship is no spring chicken at this point but I'd be surprised to hear any room legitimately in terrible shape/unclean.

We were on the CB last November for the eighth time in a mini near the aft elevator bank.  We did enjoy the lunch wok in the aft area of the WFM.  We went to several performances in the theater arriving about 45 minutes before the performance to find the theater almost vacant so had no problem getting a seat.  We take our kindles and read until the performance starts.  The ship appeared to be in very good shape after its last dry dock.  We have always found the crew on Princess ships to be friendly so not sure why others are finding them not so friendly.  We do TD and our two waiters were outstanding per usual so we wrote recommendations for them at the PSD and later in the email evaluation.  The CB has been the target of enormous criticism on these boards for a long time.  Go and find out for yourself. 

On 9/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, Tennant said:

We just booked a family suite on CB for April 2020. We are traveling with two young kids and are looking forward to the space and the new family area on board. However, what are the condition of the cabins? Have any upgrades been done? Saw some pictures from 2016 and was pretty horrified at the condition of the cabin in the pictures, mold and stains everywhere. I can’t imagine this is typical or who would go? Help! Please let me know the condition, if any Any upgrades have been made and if you have sailed in a family suite on this ship. 

Thanks!

Bathroom floor tiles had mold.   I would not walk on it in bare feet.   Carpet worn, and stained.   Badly needs replacement soon.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

50 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Bathroom floor tiles had mold.   I would not walk on it in bare feet.   Carpet worn, and stained.   Badly needs replacement soon.

We were on the Caribbean in August. Our cabin had new carpets. Believe all or most cabins had the same. Hallway and other carpets also new throughout the ship. This was done during the April/May 2019 wet dock to repair the propulsion generator issue. If there was mold on the bathroom tiles just ask the cabin steward to clean it. A short scrub with a chlorine bleach will remove the mold. 

On 10/11/2019 at 8:52 AM, Kingofcool1947 said:

Were you in the family suite or just referring to your cabin in general? When did you sail?

thanks!

Sailed on CB in Feb.. Ship, cabin, crew, food.  All great.  We had aft Penthouse Suite.  Was beautiful, clean, and large.  I stayed in family suite on Emerald last year with grandkids.  Great suite, like others mentioned, mini suite plus inside, private doors, two full bathrooms.  Only negative is balcony.  Since it is all the way forward, nothing blocks the wind.  Our steward had to tie down the furniture every night.  The wind was rough and furniture would get tossed around unless it is tied down.  Basically balcony is useless once you leave port.  But maybe we just had very windy weather in Alaska.  While you are in port it is large and nice to be on.  But we would book family suite again

Edited by AF-1