bring snacks on board

Haphhs01

I know that each passenger is allowed to bring on one case of cokes per person, but what about snack items? I will be cruising my two children (3 and 7) and thought about bringing on individual bags of snacks (or even larger bags and splitting them into sandwich baggies) in our suitcases for them when we are in the room or out on excursions. Has anyone ever had an issue with this? 

25 minutes ago, Haphhs01 said:

I know that each passenger is allowed to bring on one case of cokes per person, but what about snack items? I will be cruising my two children (3 and 7) and thought about bringing on individual bags of snacks (or even larger bags and splitting them into sandwich baggies) in our suitcases for them when we are in the room or out on excursions. Has anyone ever had an issue with this? 

Never had an issue bringing snacks.  I bring them in my big purse or the backpack when checking in at the port.  

Edited by sredish

We don't usually take snacks on the ship when it's just us adults cruising. But when we have cruised with our daughter, we definitely took on snacks for her and had no issues doing so. You probably want to make sure they are in the original sealed packages just in case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haphhs01 said:

It’s 12 cans per person, not a case (24 cans). 

2 hours ago, Haphhs01 said:

We do this every time. Individual chips/pretzels, granola bars, and even some bigger bags of Chex mix type stuff for the cabin. We have carried it on and put it in our checked luggage without issue. 

Even ENT with all the food aboard, we find the snacking items to be lacking. Add to that some food allergies (my son is dairy free), packing our own makes everyone happy!

As others have said, make sure they are in a factory sealed package and you shouldn't have an issue.

We always pack along some beef jerky, nuts and whatever our current "snack addiction" is.
Last time it was peanut butter filled pretzel bites.
This time it looks like it will be BBQ Pork Rinds or possibly Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Chipotle Almonds.
Or like the girl says "Why not both?"

Same applies to snacks in port. We like to pick up a few bags of Cheetos "Tornicitos" when we are in any Mexican port.
They have just a little kick to them and less cheesy flavor, and are notoriously difficult to find across the border.

Bringing along a few small bags is a good idea for the kids. 
Our girls are grown, but a lot of fussiness can be directly tied to either needing a snack or a nap.
Figuring out which makes vacations so much better!

The snacks need to be sealed to board the ship.  The snacks need to be sealed to take off the ship at destination ports, but not at the home port on a closed loop US cruise.  If you don't finish an open snack in a port, you will not be able to bring it back (but unfinished still sealed would be fine).

We usually don't take snacks, but after the rough seas on our last cruise I think we will take some small pretzel packs.  Maybe mini club crackers if we can find them in a small package - we did a mule tasting and it would have been nice to have a palate cleanser between drinks.