Floating (over water) cabana and cococay beach club

The free chairs and umbrellas are great!  The beaches were not overly crowded.  The food was awesome!!  And the Oasis Lagoon Pool was so much fun!!  We didn't pay for a thing!!  Loved A Perfect Day at CocoCay!

• Like 1

This is one of those things that makes me question everything.  Yes it looks cool.  I always thought the big selling point of the similar places in Fiji were that you could sleep and wake up on the ocean.  You can't really do that here, so basically it is like renting a covered pier.  

If I had unlimited money, sure, but if I had unlimited money, would I be going to Coco Cay?   I don't think we paid $1400 for all of the excursions and drink packages combined on our last trip.  I would rather have a drink package than spend a few hours at one of these.  

We decided to book an over-water one now for our May 2020 Harmony cruise, and then see how the pricing fluctuates over the next few months.  It seems to change almost daily lately.  If it goes down, perfect.  If not, then we wait for the reviews in January and make a final decision.  With them being extremely limited, we at least wanted to lock in the option as we see how things progress.

• Like 1

I just booked the over water cabana for our Jan 2020 sailing @  $1499. Latest i heard is they are opening end of January and we will be at Coco Cay Feb 1, so I'll be one of the first in one it seems! I'll probably be splitting the cost with 2 other families we are traveling with. Even if they didnt want to contribute i would still get it for my family of 3. Having our own private space to stretch out on has a ton to value to me.

I was disappointed by the pictures of the "normal" Coco Cay cabanas compared to my experience with Disney's cabanas.  The over water element seems amazing, the beach club infinity pool and upgraded menu are all big selling points for me.

Vacations are where i splurge but this is panning out to the the most I have ever spent on a vacation by far. I don't get uninterrupted vacation time much so when i do i take advantage to it's fullest. Plus it's my 10th wedding anniversary so YOLO i guess lol

Super excited that these overwaters popped up!

On 10/3/2019 at 6:35 AM, bburk00 said:

I wonder if they are having a hard time selling them?

Considering they JUST released them for booking, probably haven't made that call yet.

As you are one of our Royal STAR Suite Guests

This is why you got the email.  You've already plunked down extra $$$ for a higher-class experience.  You are definitely the target demographic for these cabanas.  

I mean didn't that nice personalized email entice you to snap one up right away? 😂

• 1 month later...

Just booked two for our cruise in a year at $1499 a piece. That said my fiance and I and family and friends are taking the cruise for us to get married on St Thomas so with a group of 13+ adults I think it makes sense for us. Building it into the wedding budget as a thank you gift for everyone. I do have my fingers crossed the price goes down between now and then but glad I was able to snag two of them for our group.

I wonder if they are having a hard time selling them? For our Mar 2020 cruise they are $1499 and I received this email last night:

Dear Guest,

As you are one of our Royal STAR Suite Guests, we wanted to reach out to you to offer an opportunity to book a private cabana on Perfect Day CocoCay island before they are sold out; since the availability is limited and the demand is high, they do sell out quickly and they are offered on first-come first-serve basis.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:22 AM, AshleyDillo said:

This is why you got the email.  You've already plunked down extra $$$ for a higher-class experience.  You are definitely the target demographic for these cabanas.  

I mean didn't that nice personalized email entice you to snap one up right away? 😂

We too have seen this email and I said to Lisa the following, "we will book our own and watch for price drops".  

Once you book through Royal's agent I suspect it will be harder to cancel VS just doing it on-line.  I can say one thing for sure, if you book differently with them they won't be looking for price drops.😉  I also highly suspect that they will sell it to you at the highest price, and at a going cheaper rate.  You know, RC math and all.