Coco Cay 2020 prices OMG

sjb317

Just checked prices for Coco Cay  for our family cruise next summer, was thinking I might give the grandkids water park passes for Christmas, plus one lucky adult to supervise.  Current prices are $99 for a full day pass so it would be $700😳 I started checking other prices, a Coco Beach Club floating cabana is $1699 and a Chill Island cabana is $1299.  Plus, a deluxe drink package is $65 which, according to the site, is 20% off onboard price.😳  I can’t believe people pay these prices.

Grandkids will have to play at beach.😂😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

• Clarea changed the title to Coco Cay 2020 prices OMG

It is absurd.  My cruise is stopping at CoCo Cay in two weeks and I'll be chilling by the Oasis Lagoon.  No need for me to spend extra. 

I'm sure the kids will have a great beach day.  Maybe bring some beach balls or inflatable tubes to use in the ocean?  Enjoy!

17 minutes ago, mickeygirl78 said:

It is absurd.  My cruise is stopping at CoCo Cay in two weeks and I'll be chilling by the Oasis Lagoon.  No need for me to spend extra. 

I'm sure the kids will have a great beach day.  Maybe bring some beach balls or inflatable tubes to use in the ocean?  Enjoy!

My husband and I have been there 3 times this summer and enjoyed the pool and beach, did not spend any money the last two times.  I know our teenage grandsons are going to be disappointed when they see the water park, the younger  ones won’t care if no one goes but would be quite upset if their older cousins went without them.  

I think I’ll tell their parents that water park passes are on them if they want to do it.😂

Sherri🙂

We've loved the cabanas in the past, but at the low, low price of $999 for a regular cabana (never mind the floating ones) on our March 2020 cruise, I think I'll pass.   I understand the demand, but a thousand dollars is a bit much for comfy seating, bottled water and towels.   Hopefully there are beach chairs to be found....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wheretonow? said:

We've loved the cabanas in the past, but at the low, low price of $999 for a regular cabana (never mind the floating ones) on our March 2020 cruise, I think I'll pass.   I understand the demand, but a thousand dollars is a bit much for comfy seating, bottled water and towels.   Hopefully there are beach chairs to be found....

It was very easy to find a beach chair with an umbrella when we were there on Harmony last week. A little harder at the pool but still possible.😀  I can’t imagine paying that much for a cabana.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

My entire 7 night cruise cost less than the $1699 they want for the new over the water cabanas!  They do look really beautiful and would be great for those that can afford them or for a very special occasion like a honeymoon. I'm sure they will not have any trouble selling them.

This is a question for Wrunkles, or actually anyone who may be able to offer some insight: you mention "on my cruise planner for next May" -- I also have a cruise booked for my family for next May, and I have no idea what my cruise planner is. I'm looking for an efficient way to monitor promotions -- could you explain where I would find this? Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by CTGen04

Go to Royal Caribbean.com. The first page that pops up will take you to your cruise planner. Just fill in the info on the left side( you will need your account number) and then hit the button that says start planning.  Or, you can sign into to your account and pull it up that way. 

Sherri🙂

Beach umbrellas are now free, so that is a price reduction.

In the past, never used the cabanas, etc so have no need to use them now.

We live in Florida, so water parks are a dime a dozen, so even at the lower prices that we saw for the water park on Coco Caye, felt no need to book.

The 7 night cruises on Majesty out of New Orleans are less than a Cabana ($800 or less for Oceanview). And most of them stop there! No way. The water park might be worth it for older kids but the littles get a free water park and the pools are all free and look very nice. I splurged on a $200 Cabana at Labadee once. I cannot imagine paying those prices but  sure many will!

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our Mariner cruise in January has the water Park cabana with 6 passes for $299

Since we stop their twice in 4 days, they have a 2 day pass for $64 ($32 per day)

It is listed at $999 for our Harmony cruise in June.

Sherri🙂

Ok so stupid question.   What if you don’t want all the bells and whistles of the park and just want to sit in the sand by the water.  Is it still gonna cost ya 93.00 or what ever it is ??   

7 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Ok so stupid question.   What if you don’t want all the bells and whistles of the park and just want to sit in the sand by the water.  Is it still gonna cost ya 93.00 or what ever it is ??   

Only part of the island is a water park. Plenty of free spots in the sand

These costs may go down a little as they build more and the demand drops a bit (there are very few at the moment).  However, for what you get now they are stupid expensive.  If you want one keep an eye on the prices. 

CocoCay commercials are playing every 15 minutes on tv.  They’ve got to recover those advertising fees and building charges somehow.  

That being said, there are plenty of places that are free.  I was there last week and am going again in November.  It’s great!

• Like 1