Hotel Oceania?

ORV

38 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the Cruise line but check out this logo of this Hotel in Brest France. 

DSC09081.JPG

Nice contemporary hotel close to Brest train station! The logo is cool and your right nothing affiliated with O.

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps. But, who (if either) holds the trademark for the "O" with waves?

Good morning Flatbush Flyer!

😞 I can’t answer that yet!! Our 2 up coming cruises on O starts 3/31 on Riviera Miami to Rome and on 4/19 Monte Carlo to Barcelona. Now I want to check out pics to see the logo at waves.

Have a good weekend.

Denise😊

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

interesting logo 😎

Might be something for the legal dept to look into

I believe  O's logo is trademarked 

The hotel one is a very close  likeness

That could be a "two edged sword"....notice that the company claims to be around for 40 years....

so who had it trademarked first?

From their website...

https://www.oceaniahotels.com/en/hotel/hotel-oceania-brest-centre

5 minutes ago, bob brown said:

That could be a "two edged sword"....notice that the company claims to be around for 40 years....

so who had it trademarked first?

From their website...

https://www.oceaniahotels.com/en/hotel/hotel-oceania-brest-centre

True 

but at the bottom  it states

"Copyright © Oceania Hotels 2019. All rights reserved."

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

😞 I can’t answer that yet!! Our 2 up coming cruises on O starts 3/31 on Riviera Miami to Rome and on 4/19 Monte Carlo to Barcelona. Now I want to check out pics to see the logo at waves.

Have a good weekend.

Denise😊

Hopefully, you're spending some time in/near Rome between the two cruises. If so, might I suggest a brief stay at the Garibaldi Suites near the Spanish Steps? Very small property (4 units?), affordable luxury (though often booked full many months in advance) and the owner will arrange great driver and/or guide for transfers, tours, etc. It even has a nice restaurant downstairs. 

15 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Have a good weekend.

Denise😊

I believe  they are talking about the waves in the Logo  😉

check the logo on the funnel

image.png.dd04e817d5fbbbc540b6da8651a1e610.png

Just now, LHT28 said:

True 

Copyright (the advertisement) and Trademark (the logo) are different things. That said, I doubt that either company is about to get into a whizzing match over the logo similarity.

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

True 

Just now, Flatbush Flyer said:

Copyright (the advertisement) and Trademark (the logo) are different things. That said, I doubt that either company is about to get into a whizzing match over the logo similarity.

I was going to say the same thing...the copyright is for the web page...🙂

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Hopefully, you're spending some time in/near Rome between the two cruises. If so, might I suggest a brief stay at the Garibaldi Suites near the Spanish Steps? Very small property (4 units?), affordable luxury (though often booked full many months in advance) and the owner will arrange great driver and/or guide for transfers, tours, etc. It even has a nice restaurant downstairs. 

Thanks Flatbush Flyer!

we have a apt. In Nice on Promenade de  Angleis  and  will spend 2 months a year there and traveling. We’re traveling from San Diego in March doing our Panama cruise from home to FLL and then taking Riviera to The Med. yes will be in Rome and traveling to Milan before taking the train to Monte Carlo. Will end our trip from Barcelona for a week to Paris where will fly home after a week there!  I wasn’t trying to take over the OP’s blog. 

Appreciate your inout

Denise😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I was going to say the same thing...the copyright is for the web page...🙂

maybe or maybe not🤔

anyway not my problem

https://www.oceaniahotels.com/en/pages-oceania-hotels-groupe/mentions-legales

Rights of Authorship and Copyrights
The trademarks and logos depicted on this site are registered trademarks of SOFIBRA SA or of their respective owners.
For any use of the trademarks and logos OCEANIA HOTELS ©, ESCALE OCEANIA ©, OCEANIA STYLE ©, SOFIBRA ©, MASCOTTE ©, WeekEndEnFrance ©, you must obtain written consent from SOFIBRA SA, owner of these trademarks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oh my.... what a gem of a tiny hotel.  Bookmarked - and I am indebted to you.