Help me decide between these 2 spring 2021 cruises

Dejlig Ko

11 nights on the Reflection with an overnight in Aruba and visiting all 3 ABC islands

12 nights on the Equinox (one extra night always a plus), lot's of ports we've never visited, and the Equinox has had it's revolution already. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

As we have already booked that Equinox cruise for April 2021, it's easy to tell which way our vote goes!

We love the ABC's, but have visited them many times on cruises and dive holidays, and an overnight in Aruba really isn't a plus in our opinion. On the other hand, we've only visited Grenada once previously and have never visited St. Vincent or St. Croix. For us, it was a no brainer, and the extra night a nice bonus.

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As we have already booked that Equinox cruise for April 2021, it's easy to tell which way our vote goes!

We love the ABC's, but have visited them many times on cruises and dive holidays, and an overnight in Aruba really isn't a plus in our opinion. On the other hand, we've only visited Grenada once previously and have never visited St. Vincent or St. Croix. For us, it was a no brainer, and the extra night a nice bonus.

Thanks for this Fouremco. We have not been to the ABCs, so a little harder to decide. We have been to St. Croix on a non-cruise vacation - wonderful place, especially if you have Danish roots, as I do. I am learning towards the extra day and all those other new to us ports! 

We like Equinox much better than Reflection.. ship size, # of pax and layout, but Ref is  newer than EQ and has more  dining choices.

ABC itin with  overnight in Aruba gives you a day and a half there     but the other itin seems nice too. Never been to Greneda or St Vibcent   We did not enjoy porting in St Croix, found it shabby,  and would stay in the ship if we went again.

We would choose the Equinox cruise.  The Reflection always seems slightly crowded (capacity is approx. 200 more than Equinox) and may just be our least favorite ship of the S-Class.   The extra night is also a plus!

Edited by NCHPcruiser
Unintentionally left a note at top of post

Booked the Equinox 🙂 Thanks for the replies 

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Thanks for this Fouremco. We have not been to the ABCs, so a little harder to decide. We have been to St. Croix on a non-cruise vacation - wonderful place, especially if you have Danish roots, as I do. I am learning towards the extra day and all those other new to us ports! 

My vote is for the Equinox.  Great ports plus St. Vincent is a nice island that is not often visited.  I have the Silhouette booked with this itinerary in December, and we are doing it again next December on the Equinox.  My least favorite port on this itinerary is St. Croix, but I feel the other great ports on this itinerary outweigh it.

As for the ABC's, they're not my favorite.  I was so excited for my first ABC cruise and once was enough.  I didn't feel like I was in the caribbean.  Those islands have a more desert feel than a tropical one, and Aruba was too commercial for me.  

I'm sure you'll have a great time with whatever you choose.  Good luck.

If you can afford it, why not reserve both? Spring 2021 is a long way away. That is basically what we are doing with a Celebrity cruise and Royal Caribbean cruise for spring break 2021. We know that prices are likely to increase since it is a peak time. We wanted to lock in prime cabins on both cruises. Once airfares are released next year we should be able to choose for sure, but until then, we're keeping both options in play. When it gets closer to final payment, we will cancel one and apply the refund amount to the other.

If you select the Equinox on 2/28 you get to sail with me, does it get any better that that? 😀  We solved the question of doing the ABCs vs this cruise by doing both and making it a B2B with the previous cruise on the Equinox.  Ok, back to your question, if we could only do one we would do the 12-day on the Equinox.  There is already an active Roll Call for the 2/28 Equinox sailing.  We like the Equinox better than the Reflection, the additional passengers on the Reflection make the ship seem a little more crowded.  We also agree with Want2cruise, the ABC's are nice and we enjoy them but they don't have the Caribbean feel.  Finally the extra day is a good bonus.  

Hope to see you on the Equinox.