Pride itineraries? Has anyone done both?

helene109

11 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Hi we have done Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay but not Bermuda!

Looking for input. We have been on a few cruises. 

Is Bermuda worth the extra $ as it is little more$

thanks

Absolutely! I've been to Bermuda twice, and would go again in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

Great thanks! Trying to decide between the two for next August!

can you tell me what is around the pier when you dock in Bermuda? Is it similar to any other port?

Thanks 

I guess like any other port. In Kings Wharf (where Carnival Ships dock), you'll find souvenir shops and Clocktower Mall, where you can shop, dine and more. 

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I guess like any other port. In Kings Wharf (where Carnival Ships dock), you'll find souvenir shops and Clocktower Mall, where you can shop, dine and more. 

Ok that helps is it similar to Cozumel? Or not that big. Just starting to do research on this port as I know nothing about it.

Thanks again 

2 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Ok that helps is it similar to Cozumel? Or not that big. Just starting to do research on this port as I know nothing about it.

Thanks again 

Here is an image I took showing Bermuda in the perspective of disembarking the ship.

IMG_7340.JPG

16 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Signatures aren't available on the phones. I am also using the phone right now so I'll post a link later, unless someone can post it for me.😎

Great thanks for all the information! Didn’t know that about signatures either! We were on the Valor last month and we went on the Vista last year and Guy Fieri happen to be on with his family too! Here he is with my daughter! Looking forward to your reviews!

8875C1E7-A05E-438F-AEB5-AD9A3979E092.jpeg

1 hour ago, helene109 said:

can you tell me what is around the pier when you dock in Bermuda? Is it similar to any other port?

Thanks 

There's a museum that my husband loves,  a snorkel beach, bars and restaurants.  A place to rent motorbikes-DON'T.  A glass store and I think they blow glass there too.  Not a typical Caribbean stop.

Bermuda is amazing! Very easy to get around with no excursions. Beaches are gorgeous and they have very affordable ferries and buses to get around the island so also look at what there is to do all over the Island.  Very clean and safe.. Since the ship stays over you could experience the nightlife if you want. 

I would say definitely worth the extra money. The only real drawback is that weather is cooler than Caribbean since it’s further North so depending on the time of the year you are going it may not be beach weather if that is important to you (think weather in South Carolina).

• Like 1

Bermuda isn't like any other port that I have visited.  When we arrived around 4:00 pm, we expected to get off of the ship and grab a tour.  No go.  There were only a few things available, such as a night boat ride.  So, it wasn't like the other ports we have visited where there are a lot of locals selling tours. We had previously booked the Historic Forts of Bermuda tour for the next day, so we spent the evening walking around the port area.  

Souvenirs are more expensive.  It's not like in the Caribbean where there are locals selling their items inexpensively at small booths.  There was a small indoor mall area near the port and a few stores that had plenty of neat items though.  Things may have been cheaper further from the port, but we didn't do any shopping on this trip so I am not sure.

Another thing that was different was that they had a ferry in addition to buses.  The hours for the ferry are posted on a huge sign on the dock.  I would recommend really looking into what you would like to do the evening you arrive and not just get off of the ship like we did and expect to find something.

We really enjoyed the tour we took and wished our ship was there for another day.  Our cruise was only one night and part of the next day and we feel like it was not nearly enough time.  We went to Grand Turk next.  Anyway, if I ever return to Bermuda, we will definitely go on the cruise that stays a couple of nights.

As far as it being worth more money than going to Grand Turk and HMC, yes it was for us.  However, if my main objective was to go to a beautiful beach, then I think HMC is one of the nicest ones I have visited.  Bermuda has a lot more to do than HMC or Grand Turk and it was enjoyable seeing how everyone out there lives.  I am glad we went.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, helene109 said:

Hi we have done Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay but not Bermuda!

Looking for input. We have been on a few cruises. 

Is Bermuda worth the extra $ as it is little more$

thanks

Worth it really depends on what you are interested in doing.  If you just want a nice beach day, then I'm not sure if it is worth it.  Horseshoe is really nice (and has the pink sand) but you will have to have some form of transportation (mini-bus at 7 pp each way is probably the best expensive option if there are only two of you, cab if you have a larger group.  The current can get strong though.  There are lots of other beaches too - good info on the ports of call board.

If you want shopping, history, or nature then Bermuda is a better spot than GT and Bahamas.

22 hours ago, helene109 said:

Thanks 

August is a good time temperature wise, but you are starting to risk hurricane season (especially later August).  Leaving from Baltimore you have a little more wiggle room with ports, but definitely a risk you take.

20 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

There's a museum that my husband loves,  a snorkel beach, bars and restaurants.  A place to rent motorbikes-DON'T.  A glass store and I think they blow glass there too.  Not a typical Caribbean stop.

Snorkel beach is $5 admission and a man made beach.  Unless you have a need to stay close to the ship I would go to a better beach.  It could be nice for the evening entertainment though.

The glass works is very nice and they do make the items on site (I don't think we saw anything "blown" but did see them working with molten glass and a start to kiln process.  We haven't been to the museum but heard good things.  They also have an escape room experience, some small shops, Calico Jack's where you can walk the plank, and clock tower mall to name a few.  We did a great private excursion (Hartley's Helmet Dive) that leaves right from the pier.

It's not a typical Caribbean (or even Bahamian) stop because it isn't part of the Caribbean.  Bermuda has a very British feel and is much more affluent than the more southern stops.  I have also seen a lot of warnings against renting motorbikes, can be very dangerous to drive there.

19 hours ago, helene109 said:

Thanks for posting your review! 13 pages! Yeah!! Never been to a Chinese restaurant on a ship is it like a Mongolian wok? 

Chopsticks is more like a Chinese buffet (although they used to have Mongolian wok).  It is one section of the Lido buffet and typically has one or two soups, fried rice (possibly steamed), noodles, and several dishes.  It's not the worst I've ever had, but not a favorite - but I've been spoiled by some really good Chinese dinners 😉