Officer Luncheon for Diamond+?

Oxo

On 10/10/2019 at 2:56 AM, Hogbay said:

We just of Radiance  transpacific, invitation card in cabin 4 days before , was lunch in Giovanni was fantastic wine and beer included 😉

I was at that lunch.  We were the last table served.  Most of the people at that table didn't seem to like it and a f&b manager was at our table.  He said he was embarrassed and apologised.  The tomatoes in the caprese salad were near raw, my fish was very overcooked, someone found a hair in her food. Overall, a thoughtlessly prepared meal with indifferent service. In this instance, I regretted soe ding the time. We felt the food on board was almost nearly vile overall.   In November, I spent 29 days in a b2b on her and the food was fantastic.  Wm was food and beverage manager and there was a different hotel director.  I hope it improves as I've got a number of cruises on her in the next year, including a couple in Alaska. 

14 hours ago, pstone1 said:

C’mon Ellen!  The meal comes with wine!  At our luncheon last week on AD, one gentleman at our table requested beer.  They brought it immediately - he was very happy and a good time was had by all!  🍷😍

+1!  🙂 

7 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I was at that lunch.  We were the last table served.  Most of the people at that table didn't seem to like it and a f&b manager was at our table.  He said he was embarrassed and apologised.  The tomatoes in the caprese salad were near raw, my fish was very overcooked, someone found a hair in her food. Overall, a thoughtlessly prepared meal with indifferent service. In this instance, I regretted soe ding the time. We felt the food on board was almost nearly vile overall.   In November, I spent 29 days in a b2b on her and the food was fantastic.  Wm was food and beverage manager and there was a different hotel director.  I hope it improves as I've got a number of cruises on her in the next year, including a couple in Alaska. 

Pretty sure tomatoes in caprese salad are supposed to be raw.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Did you send the fish back ? they seem to always as me if everything alright or how's your meal .during the 18 nights did they ask you ? I would have spoken up if we were given one vile meal . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Did you send the fish back ? they seem to always as me if everything alright or how's your meal .during the 18 nights did they ask you ? I would have spoken up if we were given one vile meal . 

I did not send it back. I told them it was unacceptable and they could see it with their own eyes, as I had told them about several other things during the cruise without any satisfactory result. . For example, at lunch in the MDR one day, I told the waiter that the cheesecake was inedible. In that instance, the cheesecake was blueberry dheesecaje.  What it really was was a disc of cheesecake with no biscuit base.  It had what were presumably blueberries in it. This little spheres were flavourless and I made a real effort to chew them enough to swallow.  Eventually I spit them out in my napkin.  I told the waiter that it was literally inedible due to this tough blueberries and that I thought that the head chef should have a look at the batch as they were all likely that way. He just gave me a big grin and his head nodded around like some sort of insane bobble head as he said "Yessssss".  There was clearly some sort of disconnect between what I was saying and his understanding of what I was saying.  There were just too many ***** moments in dining on this cruise.  By the time we got our l340 unch on the last sea day, I was pretty wore out. At that lunch, the service was so staggered and it took us so long to get anything. I saw my friend get her plate taken away when there was a hair in it. She sat there with nothing for about ten minutes. As there were pasta dishes served family style, they could have brought her a fresh plate so she could try some of those while dhe waited .  No, they chose not to.  I think I mentioned that I thought the food quality had improved markedly a couple of years ago.  I was on explorer two years ago and there was some important head chef type coming around the D and c lounges introducing himself. He had come over on the explorer from seatle and he was troubleshooting the kitchens.   He was moving ship to ship.  I felt the good quality went up significantly.  I was particularly happy with radiance less than a year ago.  This cruise made me lose my appetite.  I've got 42 nights booked on her going forward and at least I don't have to worry about gaining weight.  I realise everyone has a different experience and overall mine has been positive as I'm turning pinnacle in Feb.  But come 2021, I'll be checking out other lines if my perception food quality doesn't improve.   

It takes too long to send food back.  It slows everyone at the tables meals down.  It creates too big of a fuss as sometimes you have to explain the issue to up to three people with varying degrees of English skills and culinary understanding.  This incessant parade of pestering interrupts everyone at the table and causes the focus to be on negative aspects. 

In regards to these meals overall, they can be hit or miss. It depends on many things.