Officer Luncheon for Diamond+?

Oxo

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes for D+ members with over 340 points

Thank you,  we should see it on our next cruise as we have 345.

How do they notify you? 

I assume by invitation in your cabin x days before with RSVP.

27 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thank you,  we should see it on our next cruise as we have 345.

How do they notify you? 

I assume by invitation in your cabin x days before with RSVP.

Correct, and some you have to opt in and return the card to the LA.

18 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

We just of Radiance  transpacific, invitation card in cabin 4 days before , was lunch in Giovanni was fantastic wine and beer included 😉

That sounds great. I have been to 3 luncheons on 3 different ships and they were all in the MDR with the regular lunch menu. 

They usually do them on sea days but on Jewel recently we only had one sea day on the very first day. There were also very few who were eligible so we actually had dinner rather than lunch - a really nice evening.

The card is handed out by your cabin attendant, usually day around day two.  It will have options of meal with an officer, bridge tour, galley tour, and entertainment (back stage, but not during show times).  

You can select as many or all that you want.  Be sure indeed to check them off and drop off to the Loyalty Ambassador on board.  

Enjoy!  One of the best lunches on the cruise.  😉 

One of our favorite events- for us, the menu has always been the same, which isn't a big deal.  But it's nice to meet some of the officers, and it's a lot easier to get to know other cruisers in a much quieter environment.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kccrzr said:

That sounds great. I have been to 3 luncheons on 3 different ships and they were all in the MDR with the regular lunch menu. 

We’ve been fortunate to attend this type of luncheon numerous times and only a one or two were the regular dining room lunch menu. Most of them have a  special menu.    One  ship, it might’ve been the freedom, had a brunch for the group. 

M

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

there was 10 pineapples on the Radiance transpacific they had dinner in chops fyi 🙂  I guess smaller ships with long cruises get a better offering .

Are you saying the D+ meal with an officer was a dinner in chops?  

The pinnacle meal with an officer and the 340 D+  meals are generally different.

M

2 hours ago, little britain said:

The lunch was from a small set menu.  3 choices in each section. 

The steak was better than the one in Chops and came with half a lobster.  

Red wine or Chardonnay. If you wanted something else you paid. 

Nicely done with name cards. 

4FEC0F48-30C6-4739-A168-0C2809B8BEC5.jpeg

I got this on a 6-day Empress cruise (except for the Theater Tour which was not offered because a new cast was deeply in rehearsal mode).  I don;t know if the Empress is different of if there's something different for the real high points as I was just 2 points above the minimum for D+.

Roy

17 hours ago, Hogbay said:

there was 10 pineapples on the Radiance transpacific they had dinner in chops fyi 🙂  I guess smaller ships with long cruises get a better offering .

Yeah, Pinnies have their own special meal with an officer in a different venue.  😉  Most of the time it coincides with the D+ 340 meal time day and time.  We had Pinnie friends on Oasis one time that wanted to have the lunch with us, so they joined us in D+ lunch instead.  

17 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We’ve been fortunate to attend this type of luncheon numerous times and only a one or two were the regular dining room lunch menu. Most of them have a  special menu.    One  ship, it might’ve been the freedom, had a brunch for the group. 

M

I remember when Freedom used to have those wonderful brunches for Diamond members.  Really good!  🙂 They no longer do that unfortunately.  😞 

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are you saying the D+ meal with an officer was a dinner in chops?  

The pinnacle meal with an officer and the 340 D+  meals are generally different.

Radiance transpacific 

340 +  Lunch Giovanni 

Pinnacle  Dinner in Chops 

Choice.  You have the option to do it if you want to ....or not.  Nothing wrong with that.   

There are many of us that enjoy it as something different to do on a sea day, as a nice relaxing lunch with wine and good food, and good company (the kitchen likes to shine on those meals 😉 ).  Those of us that do like to go, ....we enjoy the interesting conversations from our table mates and the officer seated at our table.  

Another choice:  Me...I have absolutely NO desire to do the Galley tour..though some love it.  I spent too many years working with my restaurant customers.  Don't care to see the kitchen.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Guess we are the only ones that don't care about this perk.  Never done it, never will😇

Why don't you care about this perk? The food should be good, meeting other people for a very special lunch, etc. 

Many people would love to have this opportunity. 

Like they say

Different strokes for different folks! 

Very nice of you to make room for others who would appreciate this opportunity.

Happy Cruising!

• Like 2

Sometimes the food is good, especially if the meal is held in one of the specialty restaurants. It’s hit or miss when held in MDR. Our two on our recent Harmony cruises were examples of misses, I guess the kitchen decided not to shine that day.😂

Sherri🙂