Officer Luncheon for Diamond+?

Oxo

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

Sometimes the food is good, especially if the meal is held in one of the specialty restaurants. It’s hit or miss when held in MDR. Our two on our recent Harmony cruises were examples of misses, I guess the kitchen decided not to shine that day.😂

Sherri🙂

LOL!  Yeah, sometimes the sun does not shine either.  We just hope for those shiny days.  😉  We have been lucky with mostly with hits...though 100% of the time...good conversations, good times we have enjoyed.  If we don't like the food.. there is always plenty of it all over the ship to hunt up, we don't starve.  😄 

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Guess we are the only ones that don't care about this perk.  Never done it, never will😇

Of course  you get three or four options of tours/meal, and you can select those that work best for you.  Not everything offered is of interest to everybody! Just one of the unwritten benefits of cruising!    Years ago we received an invitation and then they asked us to respond. Nowadays, it is the check off card so they can bet get a better idea if who might like to attend. 

Just a heads up to any travelers, we are on harmony, and some of our assigned tours/meal information is sent to us via the television messages

M

24 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just a heads up to any travelers, we are on harmony, and some of our assigned tours/meal information is sent to us via the television messages

M

^^^ agree......on my recent cruise the M&M info re date and time was on the TV. 

We never usually even turn the TV on apart from checking our account halfway through the cruise.......so I'm sure many people missed it.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Guess we are the only ones that don't care about this perk.  Never done it, never will😇

+1. We did it once and it was horrible. Sick to think that we wasted a specialty lunch from our UDP for this.  Never again.

• Like 2

We just got off Harmony and went to lunch. Was in rear right corner or American Icon on a sea day. Two officers at ours, Loyalty ambassador , and  Officer in charge of all  repair s aboard. Had soup,shrimp ***** tail,steak, and dessert. Also offered fish dish. We had around 30 that attended. Diamond Plus 340 points before that sailing and above.  Nancy & Bob

Our lunch was in Silk, 2 tables of 10.  We had Alex from the CL and a guy from IT. 

Excellent steak -so much so that we said we wouldn't waste money paying for Chops and would just wait for the 340+ lunch freebie!  We spoke with people who we had not spoken with before.   

People had obviously said they were coming as they name tags were printed ..but one couple didn't show. Personally I thought that was a little rude as the officers were standing around waiting for them. JMHO.

We hit 343 points this pas April on our Grandeur cruise so we will get this "perk" in May on Adventure.  It should be interesting.  DH hopes we get the chief engineer since he's a retired US Navy Captain so he'd love to have a conversation with him.  From other reports it tends to be lower level "officers" and staff than that though.  I can't eat shellfish (allergy) but I'll take the steak 🙂

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

22 hours ago, kmorg1234 said:

I’m with you.  I must be missing something because I don’t see the point to it. 

+1 - Yep... the meal with an officer is not something I will be doing either. The Bridge and Galley tour would be cool... once each and then I would be done with those. 

20yrs ago this was a Diamond(top Tier at time) Function. Was a Formal Dress get together Jacket Tie Required, with all Senior Officers. Did it few times back in late 90's on. Ship's then didnt have Diamond Lounge or Pay Rest, so was in Crown Lounge. At most was 6-10 Diamond's back then on a Popular Cruise, almost one on one with them....

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, little britain said:

^^^ agree......on my recent cruise the M&M info re date and time was on the TV. 

We never usually even turn the TV on apart from checking our account halfway through the cruise.......so I'm sure many people missed it.

We missed it on our Harmony  cruise 3 weeks ago.  Nowhere did it say that our theater tour ticket info would be on the TV.  We’ve taken these tours probably 10 times and always received paper confirmation including our Allure Cruise in July.   Not happy!

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

We missed it on our Harmony  cruise 3 weeks ago.  Nowhere did it say that our theater tour ticket info would be on the TV.  We’ve taken these tours probably 10 times and always received paper confirmation including our Allure Cruise in July.   Not happy!

We were on Harmony last week. All the information about tours, events and meals was on a television.  Very easy to maneuver and see the information. Sorry you missed it. 

m

5 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I know it’s easy to find but if you’re not told to look on the TV and you’ve always received a paper invitation, you’re going to miss it.  

We weren't going but we did miss it.  Did not even think to look at the tv since all of that stuff is marketing notices

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We weren't going but we did miss it.  Did not even think to look at the tv since all of that stuff is marketing notices

We have the same feeling.  The first few cruises with those messages on the TV, we would read all the messages.  Now we ignore them.

• Like 1

We have done the Meal With an Officer at least 10-15 times and have never had it anywhere other than the MDR, usually in the back on the port side. For us it has been a hit or miss depending on the officer whose turn it was and the other cruisers at the table. Most of the time the officer has been personable and communicated well and enjoyed sharing information. Occasionally you wind up with a shy or introverted officer, who may be very good at his/her job, but, unfortunately communication is not they're strong point. Usually we have had a 2-1/2 or 3 bar officer. I'm sure the Pinnacle equivalent is with a more senior officer and perhaps the Captain.

One time we even had the Captain on one of the smaller ships and that was really interesting.

4 minutes ago, CFIGuy said:

How do they handle these on high loyalty cruises, like President’s Cruise, repositioning, Trans Atlantic, etc.  Do they do multiple days with smaller groups, or one large single event?

I've seen events spread out over multiple days. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:34 AM, molly361 said:

C’mon Ellen!  The meal comes with wine!  At our luncheon last week on AD, one gentleman at our table requested beer.  They brought it immediately - he was very happy and a good time was had by all!  🍷😍

• Like 1