Queen Beds

SuzanneMM

21 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

they are actually two "twin" beds pushed together. In many cabins, they can be set up either way.

Yes, I think it is a little bigger.  We now prefer to set it up as two singles in an Inside  cabin as it gives more room with more open floor space.

4 hours ago, SuzanneMM said:

Does anyone know if the queen bed on Princess ships is a true queen ?  I know it's a crazy question but have my reasons for asking.

More like a king size bed.  I usually sleep alone, and it’s more than large enough.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

Hmm? The 2 twin beds when pushed together on Carnival cruises turns into a King.

The 2 twin beds when pushed together on Princess doesn't seem as big and they say it is a Queen.

Why would the web site say a Queen if in fact it is more like a KIng??

I think it is smaller than a King.

22 hours ago, MGAfhc said:

The bed, as measured on the Emerald consists of two 6'-5" long by 2'-10' wide beds. Together that is 6'-5" x 5'-8".

A queen bed is 60" w x 80" long.  Your measurements are 68" w x 77" long so it is wider than a queen but a little shorter.  We have a queen at home but on the ship can tell that it is a wider bed.  A king bed is 76" w x 80" long.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, riffatsea said:

The 2 twin beds when pushed together on Princess doesn't seem as big and they say it is a Queen.

Why would the web site say a Queen if in fact it is more like a KIng??

Those beds are skinnier than a twin bed...it's hard to turn over without falling out. Pushed together, they make a Queen sized bed. 

True twin beds, when pushed together, make a King sized bed. 

On a related note, (for Princess beds in general, but Regal & Royal in particular) does Stewart do anything to the mattress top when he/she is asked by passengers to separate the pushed-together "queen" into twins? IOW, in the normal together "queen" mode, does the mattress topper cover both beds, and has to be removed when they are separated, or does each bed have its own mattress cover which stays on permanently whether they are separate or together? Hope that makes sense.

I ask because my wife insists that there is some type of special mattress topper placed over the bed that she likes and claims is missing when they are separated into two beds and so she refuses to allow the beds to be separated. We sleep on the small "queen"  and I toss and turn and don't sleep properly for a week. We have a nice big king at home.