Any other perks purchasing FCD onboard?

phabric

Anybody recently on a ship that purchased a FCD.  I will be on the Sky In 10 days.  I usually purchase FCD for $100 and I know about the OBC with the FCD.

Do they give you any extra perks if you book a cruise while onboard?

16 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

What is FCD? 

Here’s a link to the form explaining a FCD...Future Cruise Deposit.  You pay $100 for a deposit on future cruise (within 2 years) and you receive non-refundable OBC for that cruise.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

AB0BD8CB-1A40-43B6-BCC8-757CA6ABE1F6.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just now, phabric said:

Anybody recently on a ship that purchased a FCD.  I will be on the Sky In 10 days.  I usually purchase FCD for $100 and I know about the OBC with the FCD.

There have been occasions where booking a cruise on board got you double on board credit based on the cabin  you reserved..  Some have said it was for specific cruises chosen by Princess.   We happened to be in Alaska and saw the promo on the ship TV and we picked the transatlantic we were interested in.      I don't remember  it stating that it was in conjunction   with putting down a  FCD on board. 

1 hour ago, waltd said:

There have been occasions where booking a cruise on board got you double on board credit based on the cabin  you reserved..  Some have said it was for specific cruises chosen by Princess.   We happened to be in Alaska and saw the promo on the ship TV and we picked the transatlantic we were interested in.      I don't remember  it stating that it was in conjunction   with putting down a  FCD on board. 

When you book on board, you are purchasing an FCD and immediately using that for the down payment.

Depending on the current promo at the time you might get some extra OB for booking while onboard. A year ago we booked 2 cruises while onboard during such a promo, and for each booking, we got an extra $200 each in OBC on top of the $150 each for using FCCs as our deposits.

I received free gratuities for booking onboard once.  I already knew I planned to book the cruise so was delighted to hear there was an extra perk above the promotion at the time.  This isn't always the case but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Jackie

11 hours ago, phabric said:

The 2 cruises that I am interested are in August 2021.  There are only 6 cabins in the Premium Oceanview category and I need 3.

The present 3 for Free sale would not be for 2021, I know during the year there will be a sale to get some kind of perk.

5 hours ago, phabric said:

The 2 cruises that I am interested are in August 2021.  There are only 6 cabins in the Premium Oceanview category and I need 3.

The present 3 for Free sale would not be for 2021, I know during the year there will be a sale to get some kind of perk.

What ship is this? I know that Sapphire and Diamond have that category (O5) but they each have 10 cabins of that type. Golden has 2 up on Sun Deck (which is very unusual) What ship offers Premium Ocean View but only has 6 cabins?

Edited by Thrak

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

What ship is this? I know that Sapphire and Diamond have that category (O5) but they each have 10 cabins of that type. Which ship offers Premium Ocean View but only has 6 cabins?

Grand Princess, Premium Oceanview (03), Lido deck, mid forward..  The Grand was refurbished March 2019 maybe they redid those cabins with floor to ceiling windows.

Edited by phabric

1 minute ago, phabric said:

Grand Princess, Premium Oceanview (03), Lido deck.  The Grand was refurbished March 2019 maybe they redid those cabins with floor to ceiling windows.

Thanks! That's good to know.  The ones on Diamond and Sapphire are on the bow and actually have a balcony - with solid walls on either side - that is only usable when in port.

We are trying to save money on these b2b cruises, 7 day Norwegian Fjords and 7 day Scandinavia.  I normally take a balcony.  When I saw these cabins with floor to ceiling windows these cabins would be better than oceanview windows and only a short walk to be outside with chairs. 

Just got off a California Coastal cruise.  We purchased 2 future cruise certificates. While on board, we used onecertificate to book a Mexico cruise in February and one we will save for Alaska (whenever the 2021 cruises come out.)  There were no extra perks for booking on board -- only perk was OBC associated with the future cruise certificate.