Quick question for those who have cruised over Thanksgiving

Finnrox

Not that I remember, but they are constantly having one type of 'sale' or another.    Considering the limited amount of merchandise they can carry onboard, it's unlikely you'll find anything really special.   Ships are more likely to have sales at the end of a sailing season to get rid of destination-specific merchandise (such as Alaska, etc.).   It would not surprise me at all to see them have one of their 'art' auctions labeled a "Black Friday" sale, but it would be the same old stuff.

Edited by Kartgv

Years ago, our whole family cruised on Navigator of the Seas (when it was new) during Thanksgiving.  They did not have anything for a Thanksgiving menu, just a regular menu!  There were no Black Friday Sales on Black Friday either.  This was a long time ago though.  I think it's a great idea! 

I sailed on Reflection this past November over Thanksgiving. I’m not really a shopper so I wasn’t looking for any deals, but I do not remember seeing anything for Black Friday. In terms of food we attended the Thanksgiving day luncheon in the buffet. It was nice to not have to cook, the food wasn’t what we make it home, but of course I wasn’t expecting that so I was not disappointed.

Edited by the_dylaness

We were on the Equinox last Thanksgiving and the dining was chaotic with numbers attending the turkey menu;  several waiting in the dining area lobby with beepers as well, even with reservations.  The servers said it was the largest number in the Select section they had ever seen.  Apparently the diners came from all the dining venues as the full turkey dinner was only offered in the MDR.  I wonder why it wouldn't be available in Luminae or Blu?  This was early seating so it may have calmed down later.

Edited by oceangoer2

We have sailed Celebrity three times during the Thanksgiving holiday and the only Black Friday sale I can recall was in the Future Cruise Area. They had $25.00 deposits that day only.

We were on the Summit over Thanksgiving last year. They ran "Black Friday" that seemed pretty much the same as any end-of-cruise sale--cheap t shirts, etc. It was absolute mayhem. The better merchandise (good watches, name-brand clothing and accessories, etc.) was not marked down. They did offer part of your total spend, I think 10%, back in vouchers for the shops.