Starbuck's

everything  have read says yes, it operates like any Starbucks locations and the card/app will work as if does anywhere else on land... Not sure when you are going but we will be on at the end of October so I will update then

Edited by skatepunk

Just now, skatepunk said:

have read says yes, it operates like any Starbucks locations an the card/app will work as if does anywhere else on land... Not sure when you are going but we will be on at the end of October so I will update then

Going in December. So please update. Thanks.

8 hours ago, ano said:

Can pay with SeaPass card or Strabucks App. I don't think a Starbucks card will work. And Starbucks is NOT part of any beverage package.

Others have reported being able to use a Starbucks gift card onboard.

Hope this helps....https://www.*****.com/2019/09/09/starbucks-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships

Noted in this article....

All Starbucks beverages may be charged to your SeaPass account, or alternatively with the Starbucks app.  

Starbucks gift cards can only be used for payment on Royal Caribbean ships that have a freestanding kiosk.

Starbucks purchases made on a Royal Caribbean ship are eligible to earn rewards, however, you may not redeem rewards at a Starbucks kiosk on Royal Caribbean.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Others have reported being able to use a Starbucks gift card onboard.

I have heard, if its a Kiosk, then they take the card, but you get no reward points. If its a Starbucks store, than no card but you get rewards. But things are always changing.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, miamilady305 said:

Thank you all for the response. I downloaded the app using a gift card, so I will ave both available. No way I can go without my Starbucks coffee every morning :).

If you aren't getting VOOM internet onboard, take a screenshot of the pay screen in your Starbucks app so you can pull that up for them to scan.

21 minutes ago, miamilady305 said:

Thank you all for the response. I downloaded the app using a gift card, so I will ave both available. No way I can go without my Starbucks coffee every morning :).

As a sign at an independent coffee shop read, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks":classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

I can definitely confirm that:

You can use either the card or the app.

You will still get stars.

BUT you cannot use your stars on board.

being from Canada, when i know I'm going to the US, I always build up stars to use. Save a bunch of $$ doing so. First time on Allure I tried to use them and was told the above rules. Every trip since, I've reconfirmed those rules.

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

Do oasis class ship have kiosk or store.

what is the upgraded coffee that’s offered in the drink package if it’s not Starbucks 

Oasis and Allure have kiosks.

On Oasis class ships you can get specialty coffees that are covered by the beverage packages from Cafe Promenade and restaurants.