Taxi from EZE to hotel in BA and to port - how much?

lorri111

48 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Defrantur- I have tried to contact this company by email and using their website contact too.  No response.  It has been several days now.

I am very surprised--I always receive a reply within a day at most. The only email I have is the one on their site: info@defrantur.com. 

I will email Laura and ask whether they are having internet problems.

I am currently in BA.  The fare from the airport to my downtown hotel was $26 US using taxi Ezeiza from their booth inside the terminal .  They took cash but declined CC.  I did not get the rate in Argentine pesos as I had not yet converted any cash.  Obviously the rate into other parts of town may vary but that should give you a rough idea.  They were happy to take dollars.  The hotel has estimated the rate to the port at roughly 250 pesos but again it would depend on your hotel location 

7 hours ago, wheezedr said:

I am currently in BA.  The fare from the airport to my downtown hotel was $26 US using taxi Ezeiza from their booth inside the terminal .  They took cash but declined CC.  I did not get the rate in Argentine pesos as I had not yet converted any cash.  Obviously the rate into other parts of town may vary but that should give you a rough idea.  They were happy to take dollars.  The hotel has estimated the rate to the port at roughly 250 pesos but again it would depend on your hotel location 

That is odd, I understood you could pay by credit card at the Ezeiza booth?

17 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Thanks for taking the time to prepare your posting. Always good to get info. from Folks who have "boots on the ground"

On 12/9/2019 at 12:05 PM, kjg46 said:

Good information in that thread re taxis and letter from Holland America January 2019.

We're in BA now and have taken taxis three times. One from the ship to our airbnb and two others. The one from the ship was a flat rate and very reasonable. The other two were metered and again very affordable. There were all black and yellow "Radio Taxis" and we felt 100% safe.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:56 AM, clo said:

We're in BA now and have taken taxis three times. One from the ship to our airbnb and two others. The one from the ship was a flat rate and very reasonable. The other two were metered and again very affordable. There were all black and yellow "Radio Taxis" and we felt 100% safe.

Do you remember the cost from the port to your Airbnb?  I have read that the taxis will often charge very high prices from there.  Did the taxi accept USD?  We will only have a very few pesos when we arrive.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 2:05 PM, cboyle said:

John and I are going in to Buenos Aires two days before our Antarctica expedition cruise with Ponant from Ushuaia on February 3. 

Defrantur is picking us up at the airport for a private transfer to our hotel (2 nights), which they also arranged, in the Retiro neighborhood. In early afternoon. we are doing a private tour to the Tigre River and a wine tasting later in the evening. The next day we are being taken to a food tour in the Palermo neighborhood and being dropped off afterwards at the San Telmo antiques fair. They have recommended and made a dinner reservation at a restaurant near the hotel and are picking us up very early the next morning for a private transfer to the airport for the Ponant-included flight to Ushuaia. All of that (not including the dinner) is costing half of what Ponant was asking for 1 night in a hotel plus a city tour, dinner at a steakhouse, and the airport transfers for the two of us. 

If you want to read about other tours Defrantur has set up for us, this is our (very long) review of our "Around the Horn" cruise with precruise tours in Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls and wine regions of Argentina and Chile. They also arranged a tour to an estancia when the cruise had a port call in Buenos Aires. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80603

If you have any questions, just ask.

Hope that helps!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the information about Defrantur. 

Shelley and I are also on the February 3rd Ponant cruise. 
Regards, Paul 

2 minutes ago, Cruize said:

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the information about Defrantur. 

Shelley and I are also on the February 3rd Ponant cruise. 
Regards, Paul 

Le Soleal?  John and I are in cabin 318. Hope to see you aboard!

26 minutes ago, cboyle said:

Le Soleal?  John and I are in cabin 318. Hope to see you aboard!

Yes, Le Soleal. We are near neighbours....cabin 303

We arrive back in BA and board the Coral to Santiago, looking forward to both cruises.

Cheers, Paul 

4 minutes ago, Cruize said:

Yes, Le Soleal. We are near neighbours....cabin 303

We arrive back in BA and board the Coral to Santiago, looking forward to both cruises.

Cheers, Paul 

Check out my review for the Star Princess from Valparaiso to BA; you will probably have some of the same ports.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80603

47 minutes ago, Cruize said:

Thanks, I’ll look at it tonight.....off to work now. Can’t wait to Saturday for the vacation to start!

We are leaving Friday afternoon, but I guess it will be Saturday for you!🙂 Time zones are confusing.

1 hour ago, cboyle said:

We are leaving Friday afternoon, but I guess it will be Saturday for you!🙂 Time zones are confusing.

Have a great cruise!  We just got back from two weeks on Eclipse around S.America.  To follow up from your earlier suggestion we used Defrantur in Buenos Aires for: 1) cruise port to hotel transfer, 2) half day city tour with English guide, and 3) hotel to airport transfer.  They were terrific on all phases and I would highly recommend this company.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Have a great cruise!  We just got back from two weeks on Eclipse around S.America.  To follow up from your earlier suggestion we used Defrantur in Buenos Aires for: 1) cruise port to hotel transfer, 2) half day city tour with English guide, and 3) hotel to airport transfer.  They were terrific on all phases and I would highly recommend this company.

Thanks, we are looking forward to it. Just need to finish packing.

Glad you agreed that Derantur is a great option in Buenos Aires! I am sure they would appreciate a positive review on TripAdvisor, if you have not already submitted one.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g312741-d6219332-Reviews-Defrantur_Argentina-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Edited by cboyle

22 hours ago, cboyle said:

They certainly are. We leave NZ on Saturday at 8pm and arrive in Buenos Aires at 4pm on Saturday after flying 12 hours.

Thanks for your review. I was interested in the fact you received a galley tour after the MTP lunch. We’ve been to a couple and also a few MTP cocktail parties, but never had that invitation.

1 hour ago, Cruize said:

They certainly are. We leave NZ on Saturday at 8pm and arrive in Buenos Aires at 4pm on Saturday after flying 12 hours.

Thanks for your review. I was interested in the fact you received a galley tour after the MTP lunch. We’ve been to a couple and also a few MTP cocktail parties, but never had that invitation.

At least once the MTPs got private tours of the Bridge. Also, the Cruise Critic roll call members are occasionally invited. We have been as high as 3rd most travelled but on our last cruise, we were nearly at the bottom. We very much prefer the luncheons to the cocktail party. However, everything depends on the Captain and the number of Elites aboard.

On 12/26/2019 at 4:14 PM, mcmarya said:

Do you remember the cost from the port to your Airbnb?  I have read that the taxis will often charge very high prices from there.  Did the taxi accept USD?  We will only have a very few pesos when we arrive.

Thanks

Sorry, I hadn't seen this post. Seems like it was $15 and they did take dollars.