THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Who did you contact, and how far ahead of the cruise we’re you able to get an answer?

I contacted the concierge desk (NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com).

There are several different people who could answer the email (I'm looking at the names from the different cruises) so hopefully a good employee will contact you. Every reply so far has been either the same day or the next day (I've been lucky) but some forum members report having to send more than one email before getting a response. 

I recommend contacting them as soon as possible for better results. It's possible that as more requests come in from different guests, the success rate goes down. Looking at my old emails, I made one request at the same time that I made my dining reservations (100 days back then) but as long as you have all of the information such as reservation numbers, stateroom numbers, names, dates, etc., you might as well make your request and if denied, there is more time to press the issue. 

DH and I have booked the club balcony next to our OS for a May 2022 Alaska cruise on the Sun for my elderly not-too-mobile mother, and we are hoping that she can participate in the (non-haven) perks with us.

Something like priority boarding should get approved for her. Even without you staying in the suite, her mobility issues would help to get priority boarding. Either the concierge desk or the access desk (accessdesk@ncl.com) could help in that area. 

We haven’t told her about the cruise yet, and want to find out if she’ll be able to board and dine with us, etc before we commit to taking her, since she really couldn’t manage on her own.

Making reservations for 3 isn't a problem even though there are only 2 in the suite. Dining with her is no problem at all. 

If she can’t access things with us, which I know is a big possibility, we will likely cancel her cabin and take her on a different cruise some other time.

In your case, the probability of success is high as far as priority boarding. I'm not familiar with Sun but I can't think of any area where she wouldn't be allowed. The suite dining breakfast/lunch, maybe? Having her stay in your suite would guarantee everything. Contacting the concierge desk with any concerns/questions would be the best bet. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jezabel80 said:

What happened to some of the  posts on this thread?   I know there was one that was very rude,  but there are others missing,  which were just general questions?

I noticed that too. One of my posts is gone and I wasn’t involved in the controversy. 

51 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

I noticed that too. One of my posts is gone and I wasn’t involved in the controversy. 

I am the op-ed.  Yes someone was rude.  A contributor share the comment with the moderator and it was removed.  That being said, I assure you, If you post a question and I can honestly answer it, I will do so.  If I don't know the answer, I will tell you so.  

The whole reason why I wrote this information was because it did not exist prior.  I wanted to know about the Haven before I paid the serious premium.  That is my intent completely, so ask away.  Any time. 

• Like 3

Ok I’ve read every post and although the topic came up, I’m not sure I fully understand the alcohol perk in The Haven. Does anyone know which haven categories get their choice of three bottles in their cabin?  Or did I miss read this totally? Sorry,  I’m truly new to NCL and I think their website is not very user friendly.🤪

Edited by gardening_guy

2 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

Ok I’ve read every post and although the topic came up, I’m not sure I fully understand the alcohol perk in The Haven. Does anyone know which haven categories get their choice of three bottles in their cabin?  Or did I miss read this totally? Sorry,  I’m truly new to NCL and I think their website is not very user friendly.🤪

I can answer your question.  First, let me confirm that the NCL website is NOT VERY HELPFUL, lol.  You have to dig to get some information for sure.  There are two categories of room that get three bottles of spirits of more.  Owners Suites and three bedroom family villas.  The owners suites are on most of the ships.  The Three Bedroom Family Villa's are on some of the ship. The three bedrooms actually get more bottles.  

The Owners Suite have a couple of sizes. Some accommodate up to six guests like on the Encore, Bliss and Joy.  They are almost 1500 sf.  There are only two per ship in the front of the ship.  Some other ships like the Getaway also have Owners suites but they only accommodate four guest and are almost 1000 sf.  Both get three bottles of spirits.  Please make note, the bottles are from a special list and are really not premium brands. 

Feel free to respond to this post for any clarification you might need.  I can't promise I can answer it but if I can, I will. Cruise well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

Great to know,  thanks.  We’re only in a H penthouse so now I need to figure out how to gift myself some spirits for the cabin at embarkation. 

All me to help, Gardening_Guy.  I am on the Joy end of November.  I am in an H2 Deluxe Owners Suite.  Before I upgraded, I was in a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa that did not have three bottles of spirits.  I was going to order from Room Service a bottle which came with mixers.  it was about $100.00.  Cruise well.

• Like 1

gardening-guy, if you re staying in the  actual Haven Area, the bar will  be close enough to your cabin, to get drinks to go very easily!  If you are a few decks below, it is a little bothersome to get drinks from Haven bar and take back to room, but doable😁.  We always get the drink pkg. so , it has been nice to grab and go

Just one clarification here.  We did the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the Escape back in 2019, and I can report that there are 4 of those on that ship on decks 17 and 18.  Subsequent builds got rid of the DOS'es on 17 as they replaced that area with the Horizon lounge.   

To date, the Deluxe Owner's Suite is the best stateroom we have had on Norwegian.  Truly a pleasure if you have the means to do so and a good option if you are travelling with 5 or more people (especially family).  We had many great nights on the wraparound deck and enjoyed the extra space!  Add to that the Haven bar and restaurant, and its a perfect ship-within-a-ship.  We are back on the Escape again in 2022, though not splurging on the DOS this time.  We are booked on the Prima on the Transatlantic in the fall of 2022 and are looking forward to experiencing the Haven 2.0 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seanair said:

Just one clarification here.  We did the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the Escape back in 2019, and I can report that there are 4 of those on that ship on decks 17 and 18.  Subsequent builds got rid of the DOS'es on 17 as they replaced that area with the Horizon lounge.   

To date, the Deluxe Owner's Suite is the best stateroom we have had on Norwegian.  Truly a pleasure if you have the means to do so and a good option if you are travelling with 5 or more people (especially family).  We had many great nights on the wraparound deck and enjoyed the extra space!  Add to that the Haven bar and restaurant, and its a perfect ship-within-a-ship.  We are back on the Escape again in 2022, though not splurging on the DOS this time.  We are booked on the Prima on the Transatlantic in the fall of 2022 and are looking forward to experiencing the Haven 2.0 🙂

GREAT post and thank you.  I am on the Joy DOS at the end of November if it sales.  My family of 5 will join.  My three adult children have never stayed in the Haven.  One of them has never cruised before.  She will be ruined for life if her first experience is the Haven DOS.  Cruise well and thank you again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seanair said:

I couldn't agree more.  I am booked in the Prima H2 (saying that with humility) in February 2023 and I feel like a kid looking in the candy shop window waiting for the place to open.  Looking forward to the H2  and the new Haven.  Family of 4 plus mother in law.  Also booked on the Joy in the H2 this coming January, sure hope it sails.

Happy sailing to all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the wonderful information on this site.  I am in DOS 18700 on the Encore at the end of August 2021 and looking forward to the experience.  I feel fortunate it was available as I only decided to book this trip at the end of May this year.  I would not have know about the 3 bottles of liquor had I not found the information on this site.  Does anyone have a list, or should I call the Butler service?  I also plan to bring 3 bottles of my own wine and don't mind the corkage fee, but was curious when it might be assessed.  Seems like it either slips through or gets recorded at the check in point.  Some suggest a list be provided to the butler at the beginning.  Is it appropriate to ask them to bring a press pot full of Coffee to be in the room at 630 AM, is there a laundry allocation (i know it is only a 7 day cruise), and is there a iron available if some pressing is needed?  I obviously do not have a Butler at Home, and any suggestions as to what they might do for us would be appreciated.  

15 minutes ago, ecco41 said:

Thank you for all the wonderful information on this site.  I am in DOS 18700 on the Encore at the end of August 2021 and looking forward to the experience.  I feel fortunate it was available as I only decided to book this trip at the end of May this year.  I would not have know about the 3 bottles of liquor had I not found the information on this site.  Does anyone have a list, or should I call the Butler service?  I also plan to bring 3 bottles of my own wine and don't mind the corkage fee, but was curious when it might be assessed.  Seems like it either slips through or gets recorded at the check in point.  Some suggest a list be provided to the butler at the beginning.  Is it appropriate to ask them to bring a press pot full of Coffee to be in the room at 630 AM, is there a laundry allocation (i know it is only a 7 day cruise), and is there a iron available if some pressing is needed?  I obviously do not have a Butler at Home, and any suggestions as to what they might do for us would be appreciated.  

I will do my best to answer your questions.

1. Three Bottles of Spirts:  The Butler will provide you with a short list.  I am afraid the list is not premium brands.  I am not sure but I believe you can upgrade those bottles to a premium brand if you like.  Ask your butler.
  2. Cork Charge:  I believe they charge on your account when you arrive. 
  3. Morning Coffee:  Here is the key not only to Coffee, to any room service.  The Butler is whom does this for you not a room service person.  Tell you butler you only want food from the Haven Restaurant.  I am not sure when the Haven Restaurant is open in the morning.  It is not unreasonable to ask for the French Press to be delivered to your room.  Again Butler.
  4. Laundry Allocation: NONE
  5. Iron: Yes, just request it.

I ask for extra lounge chairs for the balcony.  If you have a CPAP machine, they will provide you with the special water you need.  They provide afternoon snacks, if you have a favorite, ask for it.  Otherwise every Haven Suite gets the same snack.  They will unpack and pack your bags.  Tell your butler the mixers you want they are complementary in a DOS.  I ask for bottles of water by my bedside at night.  I also ask for an ice bucket on the deck for chilling wine at night.  My other request is milk and cookies for a late night snack.  I think you get the idea. Enjoy.

Thank you for the guidance!  My first two cruises were over 20 years ago, went on another just 3 years ago on the Med, so I am not terribly experienced with Cruising.  I felt the Encore might give me the big ship experience, the Haven will give me the privacy within the MegaShip environment, and it left from my Home Town of Seattle (no jet lag, airports, or luggage issues).  Never sailed with NCL before.

1 minute ago, ecco41 said:

Thank you for the guidance!  My first two cruises were over 20 years ago, went on another just 3 years ago on the Med, so I am not terribly experienced with Cruising.  I felt the Encore might give me the big ship experience, the Haven will give me the privacy within the MegaShip environment, and it left from my Home Town of Seattle (no jet lag, airports, or luggage issues).  Never sailed with NCL before.

I was in the same DOS as you are in on the Encore.  I was cancelled in May.  I am now on the DOS on the Joy in November.  Same suite.  You got it correct.  A "Ship-within-a-Ship" concept.  You will love it as many of we do.  I am sailing in a few weeks on the Crystal Serenity.  I share this because that is a Luxury Brand.  When you are in the Haven, you get that same feeling.  Hope that helps.  

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

I ask for bottles of water by my bedside at night.

I assume you need to have the upgraded beverage package for this? Since bottled water is not included with the free at sea beverage package. 

Just now, SkierRobUMN said:

I assume you need to have the upgraded beverage package for this? Since bottled water is not included with the free at sea beverage package. 

They are in the (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite.  Water and mixers Complementary.

Just now, Sthrngary said:

They are in the (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite.  Water and mixers Complementary.

Thanks, I was just going off your comment which didn’t specify that you only request this when in a DOS. Just trying to figure out what is within limits/off limits as I prepare for my first Haven experience for my birthday in January. 

• Like 1

When you are booked in the Haven you get priority tender OFF the ship; but does anyone know if you get priority tender back on the ship at the private islands.... Great Stirrup Caye and Harvest Caye?

27 minutes ago, mtrancher said:

When you are booked in the Haven you get priority tender OFF the ship; but does anyone know if you get priority tender back on the ship at the private islands.... Great Stirrup Caye and Harvest Caye?

Yes!  We love the Haven for this very reason!  After a long day on a tender port (Grand Cayman anyone??) it is a very nice benefit to have!

32 minutes ago, mtrancher said:

Yep, we stayed until the very end of the day at Great Stirrup Cay and cut right to the front of a verrrrrry long tender line. It was so nice. 

1 hour ago, mtrancher said:

You do not.