THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

2 hours ago, LiftingDad said:

Sthrngary,

Best review I have ever read! I am thinking about a cruise with my son with MSC. What are the average ages of MSCs Yacht Club? I have never been on a MSC ship, not sure how well sorted out their gyms are, I lift daily. Feel free to contact me, Mark.

newsenmark@gmail.com

Mark:

All Mainstream Cruise lines have about the same amenities.  Some folks like MSC Yacht club better then the NCL Haven or Celebrity Retreat.  I really don't think you can go wrong with either one.  Don't worry about ages for your children.  All the ships are family friendly.  When you get in to Luxury cruising, it will be different.  

I hope I helped you.

17 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

So the workaround here on the beer in the fridge is to go to the district and get your two drinks as bottled/canned beers and specifically ask them to leave them sealed as you are going to walk back to your room and don't want to spill in hallways and elevators.  If you and your guest/wife/SO do this together, that is 4 beers in your fridge for every time you walk by the district on the way back up to your room.  

That seems like a very good plan.  I am not sure if they will want to open them prior to you leaving but logic tells me, you should be good to go.  When you are on other lines that are focus on Luxury Cruising like Crystal or Regent Seven Seas, they will fill your suite refrig with what ever beer you want.  However that is a huge increase in cruise fare and a different type of cruise experience.  I still would ask your butler and see what he says.  Again, I am cheap so I fine any fix I can to do what I want to do.  

I hope that helps you.

42 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

So the workaround here on the beer in the fridge is to go to the district and get your two drinks as bottled/canned beers and specifically ask them to leave them sealed as you are going to walk back to your room and don't want to spill in hallways and elevators.  If you and your guest/wife/SO do this together, that is 4 beers in your fridge for every time you walk by the district on the way back up to your room.  

That sounds like a perfectly simple solution, and I will try it. Thanks! 🍻

However, in most bars and sports venues I have been to, they are required to open the beer for you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, copper004 said:

That sounds like a perfectly simple solution, and I will try it. Thanks! 🍻

However, in most bars and sports venues I have been to, they are required to open the beer for you. 

The do say that, but sometimes you can get a sympathetic bartender, we are talking about walking open containers (2 each) back to a room 8 floors or more up.  Sadly, sometimes they open them, and you have to take it for the team and drink them.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

That seems like a very good plan.  I am not sure if they will want to open them prior to you leaving but logic tells me, you should be good to go.  When you are on other lines that are focus on Luxury Cruising like Crystal or Regent Seven Seas, they will fill your suite refrig with what ever beer you want.  However that is a huge increase in cruise fare and a different type of cruise experience.  I still would ask your butler and see what he says.  Again, I am cheap so I fine any fix I can to do what I want to do.  

I hope that helps you.

I have not tried to do it but my guess is that they will fill the refrig with the beer you prefer in the Yacht Club on MSC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

We have seen all ages. Families, older parents/grandparents, young children, etc. 

It depends on the ship but here are some examples....

thank you so much!

Cruise Critic did give MSC the "Best Onboard Gym" award in 2018 (Seaside and Seaview) and I expect that all ships after that will be similar or better. 

LINK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Mark:

All Mainstream Cruise lines have about the same amenities.  Some folks like MSC Yacht club better then the NCL Haven or Celebrity Retreat.  I really don't think you can go wrong with either one.  Don't worry about ages for your children.  All the ships are family friendly.  When you get in to Luxury cruising, it will be different.  

I hope I helped you.

thank you so much for responding so fast 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 2:14 PM, oteixeira said:

Why bother with the District? I’m sure that the Haven bartender will gladly give you unopened bottles of beer.

3 minutes ago, Falckon said:

Why bother with the District? I’m sure that the Haven bartender will gladly give you unopened bottles of beer.

That is a great idea! All our previous Haven experience has been on Jewel Class ships which do not have a Haven bar. Cheers! 🍻

Are there any information on the Haven area at the new NCL Miami cruise terminal? Will there be a Haven area, check-in and security check? Since the terminal is ready for passengers, are there any pictures of the area?

1 hour ago, Phil265 said:

Are there any information on the Haven area at the new NCL Miami cruise terminal? Will there be a Haven area, check-in and security check? Since the terminal is ready for passengers, are there any pictures of the area?

I don't think NCL will be using that terminal for a while, yet.  Generally speaking, Haven Guests have a separate check in area where they relax until a check in agent is available (also separate from the regular check in lines).  Ordinarily, those Haven Check in areas have refreshments and snacks.

But, I don't know how those areas will be presented for the cruises out of the EU and Caribbean, since that's where the initial embarkation points will be upon start up.

I'm sailing out of Jamaica in the Haven in August.  I don't know how the Haven Check in will be handled there.

1 hour ago, Phil265 said:

I called two weeks ago to ask this question.  Obviously, the Miami Port has to be open first.  The New NCL Terminal is complete.  Just like MSC with their Yacht Club private entrance, the Haven guests will also have a private entrance.  

You question is an important one because of seamless entry.  The Private Haven Entry will also have security making the need to go through general security obsolete. As some of us know, when you go through ports like New Orleans, you have general bag drop off, general security and it is not so easy to find where the Haven Check-in Desk is located.  Miami solved that issue.

The first Miami port departures are not scheduled to my understanding until November 2021.  I am on one of those sailings with the Joy.  That is why I asked about this same questions.  I hope I was helpful. 

• Like 1

Yes, very helpful! Thank you so much for all your detailed information. Since all my last booked cruises in 2020 on the Encore got cancelled I can‘t wait to finally (hopefully) sail in 2022. I am booked from Miami. Already excited about your posts on the new terminal and everything else in November!

Edited by Phil265

38 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I've sailed both and I wouldn't claim that!

The worst thing with NCL and their waitingarea is that there has been no place to put the dirty dishes when we have cruised with them in suites, from Southampton, New York and Miami.

The "waitingexperience" when cruising with MSC has been very much better.

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

Another area where MSC is better! They serve sparkling wine and better snacks than NCL!

The fact of the matter, there are many things the MSC (Yacht Club) does better then NCL (Haven).  There are also many things that the NCL does better then MSC.  It is just nice having a choice.  Having an option.  This concept of a VIP section on a Mainstream Cruise line allows the best of both worlds.  We should enjoy them both and most importantly enjoy cruising. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

The fact of the matter, there are many things the MSC (Yacht Club) does better then NCL (Haven).  There are also many things that the NCL does better then MSC. 

I totally agree. I'd like for each to improve and strive to be better than the other. It's better for the customer when rivals try to out do each other.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

The fact of the matter, there are many things the MSC (Yacht Club) does better then NCL (Haven).  There are also many things that the NCL does better then MSC.  It is just nice having a choice.  Having an option.  This concept of a VIP section on a Mainstream Cruise line allows the best of both worlds.  We should enjoy them both and most importantly enjoy cruising. 

Agree.

• Like 1