THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

47 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Since the larger ships, Bliss, Encore and Joy have over 4000 guests yet under 180 Haven guests; I think access to the Vibe Beach Club should be included.

I've suggested that many times on the forum. It would stop the "...Haven guests steal all of the passes and don't use them..." complaints plus it would allow more non-Haven guests to get VIBE passes. On some ships, the number of Haven guests is over 200. Joy will be the most crowded Haven of the BA Plus ships since so many suites now have Haven access and there's no Spa for adults to use. 

The worry is that VIBE would become too crowded if Haven adults have included access but I don't believe that will be the case. If it does get crowded, Haven guests would simply head back to the Haven sundeck. 

Another solution would be to have a bar on the Haven sundeck or for VIBE and Haven to share a bar. 

58 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've suggested that many times on the forum. It would stop the "...Haven guests steal all of the passes and don't use them..." complaints plus it would allow more non-Haven guests to get VIBE passes. On some ships, the number of Haven guests is over 200. Joy will be the most crowded Haven of the BA Plus ships since so many suites now have Haven access and there's no Spa for adults to use. 

The worry is that VIBE would become too crowded if Haven adults have included access but I don't believe that will be the case. If it does get crowded, Haven guests would simply head back to the Haven sundeck. 

Another solution would be to have a bar on the Haven sundeck or for VIBE and Haven to share a bar. 

I love your post however I am confused on one point.  "There's no Spa for Adults to use."  What do you mean.  Spa being hot tub.  There is one in the Haven Courtyard and two on the Haven Sundeck on 19.  Please clarify.  I am interested. 

24 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I love your post however I am confused on one point.  "There's no Spa for Adults to use."  What do you mean.  Spa being hot tub.  There is one in the Haven Courtyard and two on the Haven Sundeck on 19.  Please clarify.  I am interested. 

Joy doesn't have a Mandara Spa like the rest of the BA/BA Plus ships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Joy doesn't have a Mandara Spa like the rest of the BA/BA Plus ships. 

Oh, I get you now.  Yes, you are absolutely right.  Sorry, I just did not make the connection. 

@Sthrngary thank you so much for starting this post! I just booked the Haven for next year (was supposed to be on Encore May 2020 but we all know how that worked 🥴). Since my first booking, I have been trying to read everything Haven, but as you noted, not much out there. This post has helped me and gets me excited for our first ever Haven experience. I hope people keep coming on here to post stories, keeping this alive for more folks to get information. Thanks again! Happy cruising - hoping we’re all back to it soon 🤗

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

@Sthrngary thank you so much for starting this post! I just booked the Haven for next year (was supposed to be on Encore May 2020 but we all know how that worked 🥴). Since my first booking, I have been trying to read everything Haven, but as you noted, not much out there. This post has helped me and gets me excited for our first ever Haven experience. I hope people keep coming on here to post stories, keeping this alive for more folks to get information. Thanks again! Happy cruising - hoping we’re all back to it soon 🤗

It was my pleasure.  A couple of things.  I was booked on the NCL Encore for May 2020.  Was cancelled.  I then rebooked for the Encore for May 2021.  Was cancelled. Now I am on the Joy for the week after thanksgiving.  Second, I have a much longer document on the Haven.  If you give my your email address, I will send it to you.  

I have done these kinds of studies on Luxury vs. Mainstream vs. Premium Cruises.  Also on how to make your cruise a All-Inclusive VIP Luxury Experience.  This stuff is my hobby during covid times.  Happy to help.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

It was my pleasure.  A couple of things.  I was booked on the NCL Encore for May 2020.  Was cancelled.  I then rebooked for the Encore for May 2021.  Was cancelled. Now I am on the Joy for the week after thanksgiving.  Second, I have a much longer document on the Haven.  If you give my your email address, I will send it to you.  

I have done these kinds of studies on Luxury vs. Mainstream vs. Premium Cruises.  Also on how to make your cruise a All-Inclusive VIP Luxury Experience.  This stuff is my hobby during covid times.  Happy to help.

I am not the person who you are responding to, but I would love for you to send me your document on the Haven.  

jebwine(at)aol(dot)com

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Now I am on the Joy for the week after thanksgiving.  Second, I have a much longer document on the Haven.  If you give my your email address, I will send it to you.  

My family and I are cruising NCL for the first time so this will be an experience. Especially since first ncl and it being the Haven (week before Thanksgiving). I'm a long time lurker but I really appreciate this thread so I thank you as well! 

Edited by ColeyCola

5 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

Hello Gary.  I would be interested to if you could send it.  I will be on the Joy in a DOS in November of this year.  

Thank you

mikeanddeblab@aol.com

Sent, enjoy.

8 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

May I also have a copy?  Send it to my username at gmail dot com please!!   🙂

It seems like we need a file section in the forum for something like this or maybe a pinned post. This is going to be my first Haven cruise. I was originally doing a 4 day last year on the Joy that was cancelled. I have read this thread many times looking for info and would love more. @Sthrngary please send to john.ridgley@gmail.com Thanks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

@Sthrngary can you just copy paste the text onto this thread since so many are asking?

or just attach it as a file on this thread?

The file is 28 pages so posting would be hard.  Attaching the file is ok, but I don't know how.  Do I just attach below on the drag file?

I had no idea so many folks wanted my Haven booklet.  It is 27-pages long and extremely detailed.  I attempted to tell a story of how I began writing "Client Journeys" for luxury products.  The majority of the attachment is focused on the NCL Haven. 

The front pages actually have a table of contents.  I mentioned on past post aboute letters I write pre-cruise and excel spreadsheets I do to coordinate activities.  All of these items are in this PDF document. This document took a very long time to create, however I did it for folks like us.  Folks that wanted to consider the Haven however it was quite a premium.  We just wanted to know what we really received for the entry fee. 

If you download the document, please take a minute to provide some feedback.  I want to know how I can improve on what I wrote.  I am currently doing a similar document on comparing Mainstream vs. Premium vs. Luxury cruising.  Thank you all for asking for this and cruise well. 

Haven_Overview.pdf

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Thanks Sthrngary.  We were in the Haven on the Joy in December of 2019 (Mexican Riviera).  Great experience and always looking for ways to get even more enjoyment on future trips. We may repeat that trip later this year - Hopefully.

• Like 1