THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

1 minute ago, Sthrngary said:

This is lovely and great information for those in the (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite (DOS).  I can not thank you enough for the description and the picture.  I love the Moet in the back ground.  Thank you for taking the time to share.  

Cruise well.

The Moet was in the ice bucket on the Arrival. I also brought a couple of bottles of wine from home.   I believe it was an "upgrade" instead of the normal Spanish Sparkling Wine we received on the second day.  The three of us probably drank at least 2 bottles of Pelligrino each day.  Per your excellent guidance, I did make the request for the sparkling water and the mixers before arrival.  My guess is I would not have received the 24 bottles of "mixers" if I didn't make the request.  However, I could have asked Maria during the cruise to provide additional soft drinks and I am sure she would have done so.  Just nice to walk into the Room and see this amazing selection.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ecco41 said:

The Moet was in the ice bucket on the Arrival. I also brought a couple of bottles of wine from home.   I believe it was an "upgrade" instead of the normal Spanish Sparkling Wine we received on the second day.  The three of us probably drank at least 2 bottles of Pelligrino each day.  Per your excellent guidance, I did make the request for the sparkling water and the mixers before arrival.  My guess is I would not have received the 24 bottles of "mixers" if I didn't make the request.  However, I could have asked Maria during the cruise to provide additional soft drinks and I am sure she would have done so.  Just nice to walk into the Room and see this amazing selection.  

Oh my, you are killing me!!!!! Not just nice, incredible.  You single handedly might have sold out NCL for all "Owners Suites" in the future.  Funny little background story.  

When every I go into any stateroom or suite on ANY brand, I ask them to take out any "For Sale" items.  With the exception of the really bad "Sparkling Wine" you mentioned, nothing is ever left.  One exception was Crystal Cruises where everything was complementary.  

To see your spread is outstanding.  The "Owners Suites" on NCL especially in the Haven have some subtle differences than all other suites with regards to amenities.  My goal in all my posts has been to have a better understanding of the amenities you will receive so you can enjoy them the best you can.  Another objective is to set your personal expectations properly.  So accurate and verifiable client driven information is critical.  Not from the YouTube influencers, from folks like you and I.  

Because my upcoming trip is in the DOS on the Joy, your information is so welcomed and appreciated. Thank you again.

Cruise well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecco41 said:

We’re traveling in the H2 in December and basically this email just made me get level 11 excited! I have my email from the concierge but hadn’t replied yet…now I’m going to make even more certain I ask for what I really would like, of course knowing my trip won’t be made any less pleasurable if anything’s not possible. This thread is just wonderful! 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am usually very positive.  I try to be positive to others.  I NEED SOME HELP.  I have been so stressed out that my November 27, 2021 Joy Haven Cruise will be cancelled.  I simply can help it.  I have been in this position before, I accept it is going to happen, then SOMETHING happens.  

Can someone please pump me up.  Give my confidence. Tell me everything will be alright.  

23 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I am usually very positive.  I try to be positive to others.  I NEED SOME HELP.  I have been so stressed out that my November 27, 2021 Joy Haven Cruise will be cancelled.  I simply can help it.  I have been in this position before, I accept it is going to happen, then SOMETHING happens.  

Can someone please pump me up.  Give my confidence. Tell me everything will be alright.  

You got this Gary, you know cruises are going, you even went on one already.  You have been planning this for a while, and everything is a go.  I am pretty sure NCL wont delay any more ships starting up.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

The COVID numbers are going down, & NCL has ships out there cruising. Cross your fingers, say a prayer (or two) and hope for the best. I'm hoping and praying your cruise happens. 

• Thanks 1

have a scotch (single malt) if youre really nervous about possible cancellation.

in any event, all your posts have been spot on, informative, entertaining, and knowledgeable. 

just assume the ship will sail, you will be living in the dos with your family, free bottles of booze, and all the goodies haven has to offer with limited or no cares i n the world (at least for the duration of this cruise). i have posted before that if you look up skeptic or pessimist in the dictionary you would find my picture. but for your sake, i am having a positive attitude that there is absolutely no reason for ncl to cancel this sailing, especially when others have sailed. 

once again, "BON VOYAGE" and i look forward to someday sharing a drink with you on a cruise.

in your honor, i will also have a glass of single malt scotch, toasting your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Wait a minute Gary!!! We are on your same cruise and have depended on you to keep us excited, motivated and moving forward!! We are so excited to be in the Haven again soon.  We have made all arraignments with getting off of work, Parent sitters (ugh, don't ask), a Vet Technician to care for our 20 year old cat, snow plowing etc,. Every day, we look at CC and view the helpful and exciting posts, menus, photos from other cruisers (especially you), this keeps us excited and looking forward. What about the guy from yesterday with that bar situation??? Hopefully we run into you and get an invite for a quick cabin tour and drink, especially if you order the same set up? Fingers crossed for us that we cruise on NCL Joy, as we need it, and you and your family have lots of belated celebrations that you need to get to!!! Fingers crossed that we cruise 11/27 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Not to worry,  I’m sure they would have cancelled it by now.  How early we’re your other cruises cancelled? More than 30 days out I assume?  You will be fine. Enjoy

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

What triggered this?

Did I miss something about cancelling cruises?

gary

5 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

In someone please pump me up.  Give my confidence. Tell me everything will be alright.  

Gary, I believe your cruise will go ahead. I had the one that sailed two weeks before yours and that was cancelled several months ago. I can't guarantee it but if they were going to cancel yours, I would think they have done by now. So it is looking good to go.

I know why you are feeling anxious/stressed/frustrated because you are a planner. You have plan this to the tee, to be perfect. I'm married to one so completely understand. But what I say to her, I say to you. There is absolutely nothing you can do now except to think positive. It is out of your hands but from what I'm seeing, it's looking to be in your favour. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Right now you have me nervous! With all of the analysis and planning that you do, I have my fingers crossed that you haven't heard something about our future sailing on the Joy. You have so much more to lose than most of us with your "score" of the DOS and your family joining you for this amazing experience, so most of all, fingers crossed for you and yours.

Edited by mjcatlvr
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone.  My point in my post was, as soon as I think everything is fine; something has happened.  I was on a cruise in late July (another cruise line), my wife gets breakthrough Covid.  We rebooked and actually went.  The disappointment was still there.  I was a month away from my first NCL cancelation which started the trend two years ago.  Then three more  cancellations that were well before the date.  I know I am not the only one.  It never gets easy.

After a while, you are just waiting to be smacked in the face.  As with my last cancellation, we simply rebooked and went.  That does not take away the feeling of "Murphy's Law".  

It used to be all you were worried about was losing a piece of luggage.  Then missing the ship due to flight delay's.  Those things created stress.  Now the list has greatly increased.

My hope not only for myself but for everyone going on a cruise anytime soon.  Work on the thought of being able to relax the moment the cruise line say, "You are Covid-19 Negative, come on board."  My biggest issue is to let all the stress and anxiety go at the moment so I can finally stop worrying.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gtaylor said:

What triggered this?

Did I miss something about cancelling cruises?

gary

Historical events.  After a while, you just wait to have the truck roll over you and start sucking the tail pipe.  I which NCL would put out anything about my ship the Joy.  What they are doing, where they are in the re-training process.  How things are going.  I also wish they would have the entertainment on the ship listed. Right now it is a zero meaning you can't book it now.  A few weeks ago, the availability of dining opened up online and that was a good thing.  We need to have some little kind acknowledgement from the company that we are on the right track. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Historical events.  After a while, you just wait to have the truck roll over you and start sucking the tail pipe.  I which NCL would put out anything about my ship the Joy.  What they are doing, where they are in the re-training process.  How things are going.  I also wish they would have the entertainment on the ship listed. Right now it is a zero meaning you can't book it now.  A few weeks ago, the availability of dining opened up online and that was a good thing.  We need to have some little kind acknowledgement from the company that we are on the right track. 

Gary, this is a poem I read in elementary school that has served me well in my adulthood...

An optimist fell ten stories

And at each window bar

He shouted to his friends

All right so far!

All will be well and we will be loving your review!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, justhappy said:

This hopefully makes you feel better, it was posted on October 17 on a NCL latitudes Facebook page.

Joy has a new view. 
 Crew is currently undergoing lots of trainings and drills. 
 Tentatively sailing on 11/14 per crew for Miami.

I am not on facebook or any other social media other then cruisecritic.com.  I want to thank you so much for this great post.  That is exactly what I was hoping to hear and you made my day.  Thank you again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I am not on facebook or any other social media other then cruisecritic.com.  I want to thank you so much for this great post.  That is exactly what I was hoping to hear and you made my day.  Thank you again.

You are so welcome. It was posted by someone who is also here on cruise critic and knows and is friends with many NCL crew, so I trust those posts.

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I know I am not the only one.  It never gets easy.

After a while, you are just waiting to be smacked in the face.  As with my last cancellation, we simply rebooked and went.  That does not take away the feeling of "Murphy's Law"

Work on the thought of being able to relax the moment the cruise line say, "You are Covid-19 Negative, come on board."  My biggest issue is to let all the stress and anxiety go at the moment so I can finally stop worrying.

Exactly how we felt. I don't usually worry but with the cruise we just went, I had all these feelings. 

We had 5 cruises cancelled. This one looked good but in the back of my mind even seeing it cruised, there was this feeling, it may not happened. 

Then this whole other feeling of not being holiday till we got our results. That's nerve wracking cos it can happen. But we took lateral flow tests the week before and then a PCR and antigen test days before. Even then it was a small possibly. 

Suffice to say the relief once we got on board and having that first lunch in the Haven. Priceless

• Like 1