THE SECRETS OF THE NCL HAVEN LUXURY EXPERIENCE

Sthrngary

I’m wondering if you guys with upcoming sailings have been receiving communications like normal pre-cruise? I’m in the 80-ish days to sailing and haven’t heard anything from concierge and still can’t book dining online (was hoping to be able to do so through concierge letter). So maybe my expectations are too high? Or are you all experiencing delays as well? I’ve only been on NCL before on Dawn (suite only) so I want to make sure I’m understanding what to expect for Haven around day 90. I feel like I understand because I’ve read this whole thread multiple times, but I haven’t received anything so just making sure. I REALLY need this vacation, lol!

37 minutes ago, rmandmm said:

I’m wondering if you guys with upcoming sailings have been receiving communications like normal pre-cruise? I’m in the 80-ish days to sailing and haven’t heard anything from concierge and still can’t book dining online (was hoping to be able to do so through concierge letter). So maybe my expectations are too high? Or are you all experiencing delays as well? I’ve only been on NCL before on Dawn (suite only) so I want to make sure I’m understanding what to expect for Haven around day 90. I feel like I understand because I’ve read this whole thread multiple times, but I haven’t received anything so just making sure. I REALLY need this vacation, lol!

65 days out and they haven't reached out to us, yet. I did contact them to ask a few questions and they told me I could do dining reservations through them, if I wanted. I haven't done so, yet, because I'm still trying to figure out our itinerary for each port.

49 minutes ago, rmandmm said:

They send you out a US Mail hardcopy letter 45 - 60 days out.  You are all right, I am on the Joy at the end of November 2021.  You can't book Entertainment or Specialty Restaurants.  They don't even show.  HOWEVER, in the Haven, you can book Specialty Restaurants 120 days ahead.  That is one of the many reasons I wrote this op-ed.  What you do is send a email to the Pre-Cruise Haven Desk.  I did mine 120 ahead, it was handled and shows on my online overview.  You can call also.  Here is the information.  1-855-625-4283 or email us at norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com.  Remember, only for Haven Guests. 

6 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

They send you out a US Mail hardcopy letter 45 - 60 days out.  You are all right, I am on the Joy at the end of November 2021.  You can't book Entertainment or Specialty Restaurants.  They don't even show.  HOWEVER, in the Haven, you can book Specialty Restaurants 120 days ahead.  That is one of the many reasons I wrote this op-ed.  What you do is send a email to the Pre-Cruise Haven Desk.  I did mine 120 ahead, it was handled and shows on my online overview.  You can call also.  Here is the information.  1-855-625-4283 or email us at norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com.  Remember, only for Haven Guests. 

Thanks, I noted that but just haven’t had time. I just assumed I’d get the letter and do it then. I’ll email or call tomorrow! I’m sure there’s room, but I kinda just want to take advantage of all these Haven perks since it’s my first time on a Haven ship! Thanks again for the entire thread—can’t be said enough!

and thank you, @caitlynambrai!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am wondering if it’s possible to go eat in the MDR for dinner if you are a Haven guest? The Haven restaurant menu will likely get very boring after a few nights and we really like the variety of food available in the MDR so we’d like to be able to do the MDR some nights. 

3 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am wondering if it’s possible to go eat in the MDR for dinner if you are a Haven guest? The Haven restaurant menu will likely get very boring after a few nights and we really like the variety of food available in the MDR so we’d like to be able to do the MDR some nights. 

Of course, you can eat wherever you want.  

21 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Usually when you are in the Haven you also get two specialty dining restaurants as well.  So you can mix & match with Haven, MDR, and Specialty dining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Usually when you are in the Haven you also get two specialty dining restaurants as well.  So you can mix & match with Haven, MDR, and Specialty dining.

In addition to the 2 that come with the Free at Sea package?  Can you point to somewhere that NCL says that?

41 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

In addition to the 2 that come with the Free at Sea package?  Can you point to somewhere that NCL says that?

Not sure what your are asking.  I with take my best shot.  Any passenger can go to any of the complementary dining which there are many including MDR.  Only people in the Haven can go into the Haven Restaurant unless they get pre-authorization from the head water and a guest is $35.00 or so.  The Haven restaurant will serve your from any main dining room complementary if you are a Haven Guest and give them a head up at lunch or the night before you want it.  

So, two (2) specialty dining's at specialty restaurants or your butler can serve them to you in your room.  Leaves five nights any of which you can go to the Haven Restaurant or have your butler serve you in-suite from the Haven Dining room.  Any of those five nights you can use the MDR, or any other complementary dining you like.  

Please tell your butler that you only want Room Service from the Haven Restaurant as long as it is open for business.  Room service is just OK. 

You said "Usually when you are in the Haven you also get two specialty dining restaurants as well. "

(Most) everybody gets two via Free at Sea.  Your "also" suggested that there was some additional specialty dining credits associated with staying in the Haven.  I'm guessing you must have been referring to the 2 Free at Sea ones.

1 hour ago, pbenjamin said:

You said "Usually when you are in the Haven you also get two specialty dining restaurants as well. "

(Most) everybody gets two via Free at Sea.  Your "also" suggested that there was some additional specialty dining credits associated with staying in the Haven.  I'm guessing you must have been referring to the 2 Free at Sea ones.

Yes, two specialty dining with free at sea.  When you book a haven suite, you always get the free at sea.  I was trying to answer the question about MDR and other complementary dining.  Sorry, doing the best I can to educate and inform.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:36 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

You can but based upon my last two cruises aboard Epic, the food in the MDR wasn't nearly as good as the food in the Haven.  We ate in the MDR a couple of times with friends we made aboard the ship.

On 9/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, Sthrngary said:

This is good info, though I might add that we've always waited until we're aboard the ship to make any dining or show reservations through the concierge.  We've never had a problem getting exactly what we wanted.     

3 minutes ago, Carnac767 said:

This is good info, though I might add that we've always waited until we're aboard the ship to make any dining or show reservations through the concierge.  We've never had a problem getting exactly what we wanted.     

Thank you. The key is you can do it either way. In the Haven, the risk of not getting what you want is very small. 

one cautionary note, even if you're in a haven suite. It may be tough to get a reservation for teppanyaki, as their seating and dining times are extremely limited, especially now.

if you want a table there, i strongly recommend making a reservation as soon as you board the ship..

what say you haven maven sthrngary?

1 hour ago, Carnac767 said:

i did a christmas cruise and got all i wanted once on board. they do hold back a majority of reservations for the ship. and haven gets a chunk of that. i forget the percent. it's in one of my old posts. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, complawyer said:

one cautionary note, even if you're in a haven suite. It may be tough to get a reservation for teppanyaki, as their seating and dining times are extremely limited, especially now.

if you want a table there, i strongly recommend making a reservation as soon as you board the ship..

At 122 days out I just tried (not actually interested, just curious about availability) reservations for 2 and 5 and 5:15 were available on all 7 nights.

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

LOL, I was being politically correct with my answers as you saw, LOL.  I did not want to say that do it early so there is no chance you miss out.  Most of us, always get our way when in the Haven.  So what I say is, "Reserve early or please don't be upset if you miss out especially in the Teppanyaki Restaurant."

Cruise well.

4 hours ago, Carnac767 said:

You can but based upon my last two cruises aboard Epic, the food in the MDR wasn't nearly as good as the food in the Haven.  We ate in the MDR a couple of times with friends we made aboard the ship.

But can you eat in the main dining room and the Haven restaurant for the same meal?

I don't know why you'd want to but it would be fun if someone tried. 

sthrngary: i too am old and getting older. but i'm trying to make up for lost time and 6 cancelled cruises since march 2020.

epic in jan, jade in april, dawn in aug and star in nov.

per your excellent advice, haven in 1st 2, suites in dawn and star as they haven no actual haven.

2 bedrooms on all.

once again, hopefully our paths will cross before we both get 2 old, and i'll buy the 1st round.

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

sthrngary: i too am old and getting older. but i'm trying to make up for lost time and 6 cancelled cruises since march 2020.

epic in jan, jade in april, dawn in aug and star in nov.

per your excellent advice, haven in 1st 2, suites in dawn and star as they haven no actual haven.

2 bedrooms on all.

once again, hopefully our paths will cross before we both get 2 old, and i'll buy the 1st round.

@complawyernow that is a lot of Cancelations.  Darn.  We are both getting good and redoing our cancelled cruises for sure.  On a very personal note, I am on four cancellations but I think the stars and moon will throw me a gift.  My Joy Cruise is the End of November.  I just "Triple Checked" with the Haven Desk if it was going and was told 100%.  I sure hope so.  

Just like you.  I was first cancelled way back in 2020 and I took the FCC at 125%.  Then second cancellation, they added 10% off on next cruise.  After a while, I was so good at being cancelled, I told the Travel Agent what to do. I used to have two back up cruises with deposits so I would not be subject to price increases.  Good thing I did that, the Joy Cruise in the Haven is a lot higher now.  

Sadly, after all this time of flux, one of my five guest had to be cancelled.  Now it is all about the hoops that I have to go through to get those FCC in my account.  The details never ends.

For you, myself and everyone else.  The good news is the first cruise we all go on with NCL will most likely be at 60% capacity.  That will be a "Once In A Life Time Opportunity".  I know this because I just went on a Crystal Cruise at 25% capacity.

Never a wait at any restaurant.  Always chairs by any pool.  Hell, my old self will be able to get on a Go Cart more often.  I might even purchase an unlimited Go Cart pass.  All I am trying to say is, we ALL earned a unique and memorable next cruise experience.  Tough 18 months.

Cruise well and yes, we will see each other on a NCL cruise soon. 

• Thanks 2