Noordam - A Passage to New Zealand

richwmn

Tonight's Entertainment

Tonight on the World Stage we had another installment of the Noordam Dancers. I say Dancers only because there was no singing involved. They performed a nice dance routine to prerecorded music. Overall a good show with talented youngsters.

Billboard On Board gave the pianists the night off, so there was a music trivia there at 8:30. Reasonably hard questions and a good crowd. The quiz was ten songs to give title and artist, and a bonus worth 5 points. The winning team got everything right.

BB King was rockin' and rollin' after trivia. They had a good crowd with a full dance floor. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the music.

15 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL on losing a day.  I’ve been down that road as well as the one where the day repeats 😉 

Thanks for the When and Where’s.  I just realized that the sip and savour has gone up - now $7 - however, your offering for today sounds interesting 🙂 

Jacqui! Been there done that on  losing a day and repeating a day in NZ! I liked it because I had a birthday twice🤗

Denise😊

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richwmn said:

My, my, my where has the time gone. It's Wednesday already. Wait, what happened to Tuesday? It fell into the abyss known as the international date line.

Here are the activities for Wednesday, Oct 30th, 2019

20191029_065542.jpg

20191029_065553.jpg

Sorry, what is cut off lower left is "Ultimate Guide to Buying Emeralds" Ocean Bar, 3

Hi Rich!

Finally I have been able to get all caught up on your wonderful cruise! Thank you for taking the time for your in depth report!

I think it is so cool with erewhon to be able to meet a fellow CCer in NZ. So enjoy your time there.

Denise😊

16 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

BTW, the photos of the cabins showed the same drapes and upholstery as we had on our cruise in 2011.  When will HAL replace this tired pattern for a more up-to-date look?  I should take heart that the older TVs have been replaced.  It appears that Noordam probably needs another drydock to finish the job, IMO. 

Noordam IS, rather unusually, scheduled for another two-week drydock late next year, this time in Singapore, from 23 November - 07 December

13 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Noordam IS, rather unusually, scheduled for another two-week drydock late next year, this time in Singapore, from 23 November - 07 December

They will probably bringing up to snuff like the other Vista and Signature Class ships.

Edited by Himself

2 minutes ago, Himself said:

They will probably bringing up to snuff like the other Vista and Signature Class ships.

That's what I'm afraid of, Father. Doesn't make sense to have one Vista looking apart from the other three interior-wise 

Good Morning, welcome to Suva Viti Levu the capital of Fiji.

Actually we will be docking very shortly. Holland America put together a quick list of 6 excursions for guests to enjoy.

Here are today's onboard activities

20191031_061639.jpg

20191031_061658.jpg

On 10/28/2019 at 4:21 PM, cccole said:

Oh noooooooo!!!!!!!!  I hope the rain lets up and you are able to see Pago Pago.   Is this your first visit to any of the ports on this cruise?  Pago Pago just sounds so exotic.  Thanks for letting us cruise with you.  Cherie 

We were supposed to be on this cruise,  we had to cancel our booking in September because I have to have surgery...and be in Pago Pago on my birthday.  Not that I wish rain on you, but it hurts a little less that the weather was not idyllic...   Thanks for all these updates, which allow me to travel virtually!

Good Morning from Dravuni Island, Fiji.

Today we are tendering. From the description, Dravuni Island might be a bit like Half Moon Cay, I'll find out shortly. It is a little before 8am and tendering has already started.

Here are today's activities.

20191101_074436.jpg

20191101_074448.jpg

• Like 1

Dravuni Island is a beach day. It is a beach in from of what appears to be
  a small communitity. Of course, the required tents are set up selling many
  goods. It is a very pretty beach, probably like what Half Moon Cay looked
  like 20 years ago before development started.

The tender ride from the ship to the small pier was short and uneventful.
  Transfer at both ends went without a hitch, although there was a little
  more action at the ship that might have been desired.

IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG
IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1546.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1548.JPG

• Like 1

Could you post pictures of the cabins?  It is my understanding that they refurbished the suites in this last drydock. We would really like to see pictures of the cabins and suites. Glad you’re having a wonderful trip!It is my understanding that they refurbished the suites in this last ride dock. We would really like to see pictures of the cabins and suites. Glad you’re having a wonderful trip!

Edited by Saintdome