7 Mile Beach - Expected Cost and Recommendations

LuCruise

DH and I are going to Grand Cayman on our Adventure cruise in December.  It looks like there will be 5 ships in port that day.  Yikes.  

Haven't been to Grand Cayman in a long time.  

1. We are easy going and like a beach that has umbrella's and chairs, food, washrooms and not too far from port (i.e. not out in the middle of no where).  I assume that 7 mile beach is the place to go? Or if anywhere else to recommend based on crowds, would love to hear.
  2. What is expected cost for taxi?
  3. What is expected cost for food?
  4. And cost for umbrella and loungers?
  5. Is there an admission cost?

Many thanks.

Edited by LuCruise

- 7 mile beach is free to access ....

-  there are places along the beach that rent chairs/umbrella etc and may provide bar service .... in $CI ... <read on>

- 7 mile beach is >>>>> long >>>>  so a taxi to the beach costs depends on where you ask to go .......

- Everything in Cayman is $$ ..... know that in general when you see a price posted it is in Cayman Dollars ... so add 20% if you plan to pay US. And most eating places will automatically add 20% gratuity .... so for YOU ..... expect a 40% mark up.

• Thanks 1

We have been to Royal Palms a number of times.  It is on 7 mile beach.  I think entry is $3 but you can check their website for details.  There is a cost for a beach chair and umbrella.  We usually reserve one of the beach cabanas.  Taxi is like $7 each.  Food costs whatever you decide to spend.  We never eat there because it’s crazy expensive.  We once ordered a pizza and it was $40 US. Nope.  There is an adults only pool with a swim up bar.  Again, drinks are like everything else in GC;  expensive.   

The bus is $2.50pp and is quick and easy.  It will stop at all the public entry points to the beach.   Calico Jacks has all the stuff you're looking for.  I'd figure about $40 for 2 loungers and umbrella....food and drink is avail. as are restrooms and watersport rentals, if you're so inclined.  When you're done, walk up to the road and hop the next bus pack to the tender dock.

We have been on beaches in the Bahamas and there are vendors bothering you to buy something every 5 minutes.  I don’t find that relaxing. Is this the case with the Caymans as well?

I’m looking at Royal Palms and maybe a Cabana. If you get one of those can you use the pool and the ocean?  I love a beach but I don’t want to sit in the sun all day and DH prefers a pool. 

2 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

We have been on beaches in the Bahamas and there are vendors bothering you to buy something every 5 minutes.  I don’t find that relaxing. Is this the case with the Caymans as well?

I’m looking at Royal Palms and maybe a Cabana. If you get one of those can you use the pool and the ocean?  I love a beach but I don’t want to sit in the sun all day and DH prefers a pool. 

Cayman does not have that type of vendors, especially at the beach clubs like Royal Palms.

Your minimal admission fee ($3?) to Royal Palms includes use of all facilities, including the adults-only pool.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Cayman does not have that type of vendors, especially at the beach clubs like Royal Palms.

Your minimal admission fee ($3?) to Royal Palms includes use of all facilities, including the adults-only pool.

That’s great!  Thank you!  I’m looking forward to it. 

9 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Is there a minimum age at Royal Palm.  I will be traveling with 2 18 year olds and an 11 year old.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thank u!

There is no age requirement to enter and use the beach and most facilities at Royal Palms.  However, the pool is adults-only, so the 11yo won’t be able to use it.

I usually recommend Public Beach/Calico Jacks for families with children.  It’s a little more family-friendly.