Can 2 people share the coffee deal?

Cafedumonde

We want to buy this for 2 kids (older teens), but we are not sure that they will use them all.  Can they share one or should we just buy them each one and not worry about whether they use them all?  Is it just coffee and ice coffee?  Does it include milkshakes or anything like that?  They do not drink soda, so we are not getting that drink package for them and we are looking for an alternative.  Thanks

Edited by Cafedumonde

As we have experienced, they can split the coffee package by sharing, in that, the package of 15 specialty coffees will be tied to one of their medallions and that individual would need to purchase the drinks or at least be in possession of the medallion.

A little more info.

The 15 specialty coffees are for anyone the with whom the owner wants to share.

The never-ending (until the end of the cruise) drinks are for the owner only.

The specialty drinks are more than just coffee. Google or search here for the coffee menu.

The "never-ending drinks include: brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate with or without whipped cream.:classic_wink:

https://www.google.com/search?q=princess+specialty+coffee+menu&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS698US698&sxsrf=ACYBGNQeY4FeLykrJ_3hWB3bgPpR29_lMA:1571055505052&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=5jP2ETzwV6Z6dM%3A%2CarK0-b4TR7Um7M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQaHHwEzkks3fzpUDW_6T4l6Dyo6w&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwie8LPq3ZvlAhUaFjQIHSgKBtcQ9QEwAHoECAMQBg#imgrc=5jP2ETzwV6Z6dM:

Edited by JF - retired RRT

1 hour ago, Cafedumonde said:

We want to buy this for 2 kids (older teens), but we are not sure that they will use them all.  Can they share one or should we just buy them each one and not worry about whether they use them all?  Is it just coffee and ice coffee?  Does it include milkshakes or anything like that?  They do not drink soda, so we are not getting that drink package for them and we are looking for an alternative.  Thanks

No milkshakes.

It includes unlimited brewed coffee, specialty teas and hot chocolate for the person that has the package on their cruise card/medallion. This benefit is not supposed to be shared. The 15 specialty coffee drinks can be used for anyone.

All ships have free coffee and teas available all day and evening in the buffet area. The Royal and Regal's free coffee is prepared from grounds, other ships the coffee is prepared from a liquid  concentrate. The Royal & Regal also have free hot chocolate at the buffet.

You can bring on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like. If you want to bring on a case of juice boxes you can do it. There is a fridge in every cabin. 

On my last princess cruise, my daughter was just interested in the brewed coffee.  She started ordering me lattes along with her brewed coffee but by the middle of the cruise, I just ordered my own latte but brought her medallion.  There were no issues. 

Thanks for all the info!! If there is hot chocolate too, I will just get them each their own.  I just wasn’t sure if they would each drink 2 coffees per day, maybe on a sea day, but I could definitely see them loading up on the hot chocolate.  😍  Just trying to get them something “special” like a drink package but I just know they won’t drink any soda. Thanks again, all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Thanks for all the info!! If there is hot chocolate too, I will just get them each their own.  I just wasn’t sure if they would each drink 2 coffees per day, maybe on a sea day, but I could definitely see them loading up on the hot chocolate.  😍  Just trying to get them something “special” like a drink package but I just know they won’t drink any soda. Thanks again, all!

The Caramel Frappuccino's are awesome too 

I purchased the coffee package for us on our recent 16-day cruise on the Crown. I used it to get me the fancy tea and to order DH cappuccinos in the dining room. I think he ended up using 15 of the punches, although the dining room staff did not always bother to enter every cappuccino. He never had a cappuccino other than in the dining room at lunch or dinner.