Specialty dining

petuniaflower

Yes, it is available, only on horizon. Request it in John healds Facebook page. Includes the steakhouse, la cucina, and I think the hibachi. You still need to make your reservations on your own. Vouchers are charged to your account and will be in your state room.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes, it is available, only on horizon. Request it in John healds Facebook page. Includes the steakhouse, la cucina, and I think the hibachi. You still need to make your reservations on your own. Vouchers are charged to your account and will be in your state room.

It now includes Hibachi? I thought it was the steakhouse, and two $15 vouchers?

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I could be wrong. I was doing it off the top of my head. But I think you are right, 1 steakhouse and 2 $15 vouchers. 

Again, reservations still need to be made. The vouchers just act as payment.

Yeah, because the steakhouse and hibachi would automatically cover the $60 expense (+$10). Does anyone know if you can substitute the steakhouse for the hibachi and get the $5 back or applied to the $15 voucher?

Edited by jbethel11

Sorry Im a bit confused, it automatically covers steak house and only $ towards others, so its a monetary value, not 3 places of your choice?  Just trying to budget how much total this will cost for a ll 7 of us and if its worth it.

And what is meant by (+2)?

Also, what is meant by request it in fb page, can it not be purchased online on Carnival account?

Thanks so much!

8 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Sorry Im a bit confused, it automatically covers steak house and only $ towards others, so its a monetary value, not 3 places of your choice?  Just trying to budget how much total this will cost for a ll 7 of us and if its worth it.

Yes, you can eat at the steakhouse for one night, and you will also get two $15 vouchers to use at JiJi's, Cucina, Guy's Pig and Anchor Brewhouse or Bonsai Sushi.

10 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

And what is meant by (+2)?

I meant to say (+$10), and was referring to the value of the if we combined the Steakhouse and hibachi itself. $38 + $32 = $70.

14 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Also, what is meant by request it in fb page, can it not be purchased online on Carnival account?

Right now it is only available if you message JH on FB.

Are the rest of the specialty all $15 aside from steakhouse, and thats why it doesnt matter what others you choose?  What Im getting at is if I purchase the "voucher" for $60, will I still have to pay anything out of pocket or will that cover 1 entire steak house dinner plus a choice of 2 others completely?  Sorry, the whole $15 credit thing is throwing me of..

And regarding fb msg, ok thanks, this is new to me, would it just be a pm requesting to purchase and then they would show on my account to be paid for?

Thank you:)))

You can view the full menu and get the pricing for each of the specialty restaurants on Carnival's website.  You just have to pull up the page for each restaurant and a link to the menu and the cost of the restaurant is under "The Details".  

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the dining package.  If you go to John Heald's page and post your question he should be able to get you the info you need.  

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Are the rest of the specialty all $15 aside from steakhouse, and thats why it doesnt matter what others you choose?

No, that is not entirely correct. Cucina and JiJi's are $15pp, Guy's Pig and Anchor and Bonsai Sushi is à la carte, and Bonsai Teppanyaki is $32pp.

8 hours ago, Qchell said:

You can view the full menu and get the pricing for each of the specialty restaurants on Carnival's website.  You just have to pull up the page for each restaurant and a link to the menu and the cost of the restaurant is under "The Details".  

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the dining package.  If you go to John Heald's page and post your question he should be able to get you the info you need.  

Hmm I pulled up Jiji menu and it seems there prices next to most items?  Is it a la carte sometimes and $15 flat sometimes?  Thx

Besides the steak house, this is all new to me. Is Carnival now pushing pay extra dining on some of it's ships? One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is the inclusiveness. How long before this goes fleetwide?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trummy said:

Besides the steak house, this is all new to me. Is Carnival now pushing pay extra dining on some of it's ships? One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is the inclusiveness. How long before this goes fleetwide?

There are ships with others.  They are pushing nothing, simply options.   

2 hours ago, trummy said:

Carnival ships still have plenty of free eating options including the MDR, Lido Buffet, Guys, Blue Iguana, Pizza Pirate, Deli, etc. 

2 hours ago, trummy said:

They aren't pushing anything.  You'll have enough free options.

I get there are enough free options. But won't these additional pay restaurants take up space that is being used for other things? 

I like the Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers, etc etc. But they did take up much needed deck space. 

These pay options may be fine for the larger newer ships. But ie. on the Conquest ships, added restaurants take away from something else. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trummy said:

I get there are enough free options. But won't these additional pay restaurants take up space that is being used for other things? 

I like the Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers, etc etc. But they did take up much needed deck space. 

These pay options may be fine for the larger newer ships. But ie. on the Conquest ships, added restaurants take away from something else. 

I disagree. I think the specialty restaurants are great for those who want to pay extra for arguably better food.

1 hour ago, trummy said:

Guys and Blue Iguana do not take up much needed deck space. They have simply replaced “restaurants” that were previously in the same locations like Off the Grill. 

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Guys and Blue Iguana do not take up much needed deck space. They have simply replaced “restaurants” that were previously in the same locations like Off the Grill. 

The omelet place and Guys burgers are where existing food venues were. The Blue Iguana and the Red Frog were part of the Carnival 2.0 project that began in 2015. The first time I was on the Glory was 2011. The spaces where these 2 bars are was deck space.  

Edited by trummy

40 minutes ago, trummy said:

The omelet place and Guys burgers are where existing food venues were. The Blue Iguana and the Red Frog were part of the Carnival 2.0 project that began in 2015. The first time I was on the Glory was 2011. The spaces where these 2 bars are was deck space.  

What do bars have to do with a thread about restaurants?  Just an FYI, the 2.0 upgrades started in 2011 on Liberty.