Mixed Drinks and straws

pebbles1102

Frozen drinks get you a paper straw. All other drinks are either nothing or possibly a wooden stir stick. I usually got the stir stick when my drink came with lime/lemon/pineapple/orange slice.

The straws don't become useless as quick as others, but I personally find they add a taste to the drink that I don't prefer.

The paper straws are only good if you're the type of person that likes to finish their drinks within 2-3 minutes.  Any longer and the  straw becomes soggy and unable to function.

We were given paper straws in all of our frozen drinks onboard our NCL Sky cruise and at GSC earlier this month.  They were less than ideal.

Partway during the cruise we noticed that the onboard Starbucks had plastic straws available.  

Problem solved.

Edited by Motegi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Joken35 said:

I purchase the metal straws on Amazon. the paper straw did not last very long , Bringing plastic straws kinda defeats the  goal. another thing you can do is drink faster  before the straw falls apart.😁

Right.   And you can even buy the metal ones at Walmart. Just don’t leave them in your drink when you’re done I did that once and it disappeared never to be seen again. The problem is caring them around after you finished your drink if you don’t buy another one immediately. Any suggestions? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joken35 said:

I purchase the metal straws on Amazon. the paper straw did not last very long , Bringing plastic straws kinda defeats the  goal. another thing you can do is drink faster  before the straw falls apart.😁

A metal straw can't end up in the ocean and get into a whale or a turtle?  Blaming the straw for the straw ending up in the ocean sounds a lot like a similar debate going on.

• Like 2