Just for fun....favorite cocktails?

MsMermaid

A lot of us like the Old Cuban, available only at the Thomas Keller venue.  We love the fact that they have Dubonnet available in the bars, great over ice before dinner.  Otherwise we are Manhattan guys.

• Like 1

I’m not usually  a cocktail kind of person but on our recent 36 night cruise I started  off having a Pisco Sour whenever we dined at TK Grill. Halfway through the cruise the lovely bartender came up to our table one night to personally pass on the bad news - they had run out of Pisco Brandy and were unlikely to get more before the cruise ended. I told her I would be back at the Grill in a couple of nights and asked her if in the interim would she please try to  think of a substitute drink that was similar , ie. One that was refreshing, not too boozy and not real sweet. When we returned to the Grill, as we walked in she told me she had been experimenting and had come up with her version of a Chambord Sour ( fresh lime juice instead of lemon and white rum instead of  vodka).I told that in that case I certainly had to try it. It was perfect - so much so  that our upcoming cruise I’ll pass on a Pisco Sour and ask them to make me her version of this drink (she gave me the recipe). Since returning home I went out and bought some Chambord and a cocktail shaker and making this drink periodically to bring back memories of another Seabourn moment.    

• Like 1

I really like gin/vodka drinks, so I like their Vesper.  I also like their bourbon drinks.  This is a great thread.  We're booked for a cruise next year, so I'm looking forward to trying the other ideas here.

• Like 1

Flame of Love at TK Grill.

I had never heard of it until my first time in the Grill on Quest in 2016.

Description from the onboard beverage list —Vodka, Fino Sherry, Flamed Orange Peels (Dean Martin’s Favorite)

• Like 2

Great thread.  I'm making a list of the drinks I'd like to try.  I have a question, can one get a drink at the TK Grill bar if one isn't dining there?  The menu at the TK Grill doesn't thrill me so we may not have a dinner there but I sure do want to try the Old Cuban and now the Flame of Love is on my list.

Jackie

5 minutes ago, Chairsin said:

On the Quest, Sojourn and Odyssey the bar just serves the TK Grill restaurant - there is no bar seating. On the Ovation and Encore there are seats so you can have drinks there even when not dining there. 

Thank you.  I'll be on the Encore so that works well.  Looking forward to it all.

2 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

Thank you.  I'll be on the Encore so that works well.  Looking forward to it all.

The TK bar on Encore and Ovation is great, especially when the pianist is there. Check times in your daily Herald

7 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Flame of Love at TK Grill.

I had never heard of it until my first time in the Grill on Quest in 2016.

Description from the onboard beverage list —Vodka, Fino Sherry, Flamed Orange Peels (Dean Martin’s Favorite)

Sounds delicious Isklaar. I am not a big cocktail person but I will try it on my next cruise. Usually a Vodka dirty martini is as adventurous as I go 🙂.

8 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Sounds delicious Isklaar. I am not a big cocktail person but I will try it on my next cruise. Usually a Vodka dirty martini is as adventurous as I go 🙂.

It's far too delicious! I look forward to reading your opinion after tasting it.

2 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

It's far too delicious! I look forward to reading your opinion after tasting it.

I'll try but I'm not always good at giving feedback, sorry. I'm usually too busy having fun on the cruise and then when I come home some family drama seems at play 😮.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Given up on trying to upload the photo as quality is too poor.

There's a link to the TK menu and cocktail list within this CC page here:

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=2943

Are there no house wines offered at TK Grill?  Or only the up-sales as shown on this menu?