Vista Suite

Ga Peach

5 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

Unlikely it was a typo. Recently received an offer of an upgrade from a PH3 to Vista on an 18 day itinerary and it was $3000/pp.   Five days later it was $2000/pp.  Declined both. 

I'm voting for a typo as well.

Penthouse to Vista is a much bigger jump than veranda to Concierge.

if you look at the difference in price of the cat you have to a VS  then you can decide if a good deal or not

I looked a a couple of cruises  the difference between an A 4 & VS was  about $8500 PP

7 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

Unlikely it was a typo. Recently received an offer of an upgrade from a PH3 to Vista on an 18 day itinerary and it was $3000/pp.   Five days later it was $2000/pp.  Declined both. 

I emailed my O agent/buddy and had an answer when I got up.  $3000/pp.  I'd probably have done it for $300 but not a dime more. With concierge we'll already have things that I would mostly like.  The space would be fun but I would uncomfortable with the butler thing.  So no biggie.

4 minutes ago, clo said:

My O agent got us the latter for no extra charge.

No offense intended, but that is  very close to what it is worth (IMHO).

The most and the least expensive cabins always sell out first; Concierge is a method of making the "in between" categories to be more desirable.

The jump from cabin to Suite is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by StanandJim
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bitob said:

Another disadvantage of the Vista is that they tie down the furniture at night with straps.

If you get up early (as we do) and want to sit on the balcony (assuming winds are not high) you cannot do so

The staff has to be called to untie everything.

I just found the experience less than stellar.

We always untie the furniture on the Vista balcony, especially so we can enjoy a port sail in.  It was perfect for our sail into Malta and Macedonia this past spring. No need to wait for the crew to come in and untie. 

28 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

No offense intended, but that is  very close to what it is worth (IMHO).

The most and the least expensive cabins always sell out first; Concierge is a method of making the "in between" categories to be more desirable.

The jump from cabin to Suite is a different kettle of fish.

Definitely your opinion

Vista Suite Privileges

In addition to Suite & Stateroom Amenities

• FREE laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Get with concierge
  • Priority 11 am ship embarkation with priority luggage delivery
  • Don't need
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge, featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day
  • Have one with concierge
  • 24-hour Butler service
  • Either of no value or a negative. When we want our morning cup of coffee (and that could vary wildly) Bob will go to our lounge and get us a couple of cups. Don't want canapes as it would spoil our appetite. Find the idea of 'tea' far more appealing
  • Complimentary in-suite bar setup with 6 full-size bottles of premium spirits and wines from our suite beverage menu
  • Don't need as we'll carry on what we want
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Get with concierge
  • Fresh fruit basket replenished daily
  • Don't want
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Already have one each res and understand it's not hard to get more
  • Cashmere lap blankets
  • Get with concierge
  • Choice of pillow from a luxurious selection
  • Get a lesser version
  • Complimentary shoe shine service
  • Get with concierge
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++
  • Get with concierge

See? You bet that it's a lovely space but our space has a lot of the same amenities just smaller.  So $6000 for that? And my agent said that offer is actually a savings of over $2000. We all spend our money differently.

I've been converted to suite travel ever since Oceania "convinced" us to switch cruises.  They needed our PH on an Alaska cruise more than they needed to sell a Vista on a Med cruise at full price.  So we paid for a PH but got a VS.  That was hard to pass up.

But if they'd wanted $6K for the privilege?

Nope, we wouldn't have taken that either.  And of course we are all entitled to spend our money the way we want!  Were we in your place on your cruise and they offered the upgrade for $1500pp -- that we might well have taken.  But that's us.

Mura

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StanandJim said:

I'm voting for a typo as well.

Penthouse to Vista is a much bigger jump than veranda to Concierge.

Yes, I misread and agree as well.  

FWIW, the upsell offers for our 18 day cruise were $5000/pp, then $3000/pp five days later, for an Owners Suite from a PH3. And $3000/pp, then $2000/pp for the Vista. By the time we sailed, both the OS and Vista were filled, so someone either took the offers or were upgraded - if such a thing occurs on O. 

54 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Yes, I misread and agree as well.  

FWIW, the upsell offers for our 18 day cruise were $5000/pp, then $3000/pp five days later, for an Owners Suite from a PH3. And $3000/pp, then $2000/pp for the Vista. By the time we sailed, both the OS and Vista were filled, so someone either took the offers or were upgraded - if such a thing occurs on O. 

I looked and our concierge veranda is shown as waitlisted (who knows?) so I guess they're fishing.  Now if they came back with $300pp I'd probably decline.  I got over my pitter-patter-ing heart 🙂

On our August cruise we were offered an upsell from PH2 to an OS for $3K pp on our 20 day cruise. Perhaps had it been an O ship we might have bitten, but not on a R ship. We countered with 1500 each and O declined. For us the $1.5K was a reach, just not a good QPR for us! Do you realize how many great bottles of wine $6000 is, even at Oceania’s inflated prices??? Those R ship OS are not that grand!!

• Like 1

My first Vista suite was on Regatta for Alaska. We were offered an upsell for $5000 total and took advantage of it. Our next O cruise we then took the OS for the Aft views with a month on Insignia for S. America. 

Beware: Once you go with the Suites, there is no turning back. They are lovely, spacious, and the 2 bathrooms are great.

The OS and VS were Grand enough for the 2 of us. Love them.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, TrulyBlonde said:

My first Vista suite was on Regatta for Alaska. We were offered an upsell for $5000 total and took advantage of it. Our next O cruise we then took the OS for the Aft views with a month on Insignia for S. America. 

Beware: Once you go with the Suites, there is no turning back. They are lovely, spacious, and the 2 bathrooms are great.

The OS and VS were Grand enough for the 2 of us. Love them.

Love the OS but on some cruises we do not think it is worth the extra price.   The PH on the O ships is plenty big for a port intensive  trip.  The OS is great for a T/A when we spend a lot of time in the cabin and we wound not do one without a OS. Just us, as other people have different values. 

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Love the OS but on some cruises we do not think it is worth the extra price.   The PH on the O ships is plenty big for a port intensive  trip.  The OS is great for a T/A when we spend a lot of time in the cabin and we wound not do one without a OS. Just us, as other people have different values. 

Agree. Unless given an upsell, the PH is perfect for port intensive cruises. Just returned from an X cruise to Asia. We were able to get their huge aft PH suite for a good price. It was actually too large for the two of us, very sterile with the remodeled design, along with other issues,  and we both longed for O. Timing and  itinerary were why we chose this cruise and would never book their largest suite again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Agree. Unless given an upsell, the PH is perfect for port intensive cruises. Just returned from an X cruise to Asia. We were able to get their huge aft PH suite for a good price. It was actually too large for the two of us, very sterile with the remodeled design, along with other issues,  and we both longed for O. Timing and  itinerary were why we chose this cruise and would never book their largest suite again.

Yup.  Doing Alaska in June on X since then itinerary is much better than O and we do not want to sail on the R ships if we can help it.  Their big PH looks very nice so we will try it for the first time.