Anthem, wonderland main course and dessert only?

Loralie

I will have the unlimited dining plan for my cruise on Anthem of the seas in a few weeks.  We are not the most adventurous eaters and we don’t eat seafood.  I was thinking of trying wonderland just for the experience and asking only for the main course and dessert.  Can that be done?

thanks,

Loralie

Wonderland is a visual show I think you should just go along for the ride , ordering each course . If you don't like it they wont make you sit there till its finished :classic_rolleyes: you still will get desert , enjoy.

The appetizers are all just small bites. My DH strongly dislikes avocado, but he ate the one thing that had it since it was just a bite. They will also adapt them to your taste, so if you tell them you don’t eat seafood, they will make substitutions or not bring you those appetizers. I do not eat red meat or pork and so they adapted one thing that had a beef-broth-based sauce and did a different sauce. 

The server will probably ask if they can be your guide and choose the appetizers for you, but if there is anything you particularly want to try, or don’t want, I’m sure they will accommodate you!

Since it’s already included in what you are paying, why not take the opportunity to try something new? 

• Like 1

I’ve never been but planning on it soon.  However just curious what are the main courses? I’ve looked at the menu but it’s kind of hard to tell. Could anyone that has been there please confirm which course is the main course options? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, 37645 said:

I’ve never been but planning on it soon.  However just curious what are the main courses? I’ve looked at the menu but it’s kind of hard to tell. Could anyone that has been there please confirm which course is the main course options? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, VaTech8912 said:

Terrior Beef, Ckn Dish, Branzino and Pork Belly were the "mains" we were offered in October.

That's changed slightly. Current menu, at least on Symphony is below. Mains were:

• The Chicken and the Egg
  • Snap, Crackle, and Pork
  • The Rib "I" Luscious Short Rib
  • Halibut Cooked in Clear Paper
  • Branzino in Crispy Bread

As others have said, definitely go for it even if you're not adventurous, most of the appetizers are a couple bites (the Bird's Nest being the main exception). The only thing we had that I wasn't a huge fan of was the Citrus Seas Shhh, but everything else was delicious. And yes, let your Guide know about any allergies or dietary restrictions you have. I can't eat shellfish so they were able to substitute the crab in my Crispy Crab Cone for some piquillo peppers and they were delicious.

IMG-20190916-170001.jpg

Edited by garnetpalmetto