C&A Status Upgrade - Price Changes

robmtx

Question - 

If a C&A Emerald member books a balcony on a cruise over a year away, then a few months later obtains Diamond status, would that booking receive an automatic discount to reflect the cruiser's new status?

Thanks... I'm trying to figure out why my fare is quite a bit lower than when I booked. I haven't spoken directly to my TA about it yet. So ruling out things like a status change. It's about $100 per person cheaper.

When I was near D+ and was doing a booking, I asked the RCL Rep. if I was able to get the higher balcony discount upon reaching the higher level.  I was told yes and to call back and they would adjust the BD amount  without impacting the original pricing.  Call them ands see what they say.

1 minute ago, robmtx said:

Thanks... I'm trying to figure out why my fare is quite a bit lower than when I booked. I haven't spoken directly to my TA about it yet. So ruling out things like a status change. It's about $100 per person cheaper.

Do you mean that you are looking at RC's website?  Or something else?

I'm looking at original invoice from my TA. When I go to "pay online" the remaining balance, it was much lower. Now sure why it's lower (and not complaining lol) - I'm more curious why it would be lower without me rebooking, getting some adjustments. etc.

7 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I'm looking at original invoice from my TA. When I go to "pay online" the remaining balance, it was much lower. Now sure why it's lower (and not complaining lol) - I'm more curious why it would be lower without me rebooking, getting some adjustments. etc.

I’m thinking what you see online only reflects what is owed to Royal and does not include whatever goes to the TA but your invoice does.

3 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

I’m thinking what you see online only reflects what is owed to Royal and does not include whatever goes to the TA but your invoice does.

Maybe it's a TA system error then.. I clicked the link from my TA to make my final payment and submitted. I got back from them a $0 balance invoice. It does show the cruise fare to be a few hundred less. 

While it could be an error, we have two cabins on this cruise under different invoices through this TA and the other one has the right price. 

32 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Maybe it's a TA system error then.. I clicked the link from my TA to make my final payment and submitted. I got back from them a $0 balance invoice. It does show the cruise fare to be a few hundred less. 

While it could be an error, we have two cabins on this cruise under different invoices through this TA and the other one has the right price. 

Are both cabins the exact same category?

8 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Would a kids-sail-free offer get auto applied to a booking? My gut says No, but our 3rd pax is a child.

Only upon initial booking.  After initial booking you would need to contact whoever booked your cruise to take advantage of a new promo.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Only upon initial booking.  After initial booking you would need to contact whoever booked your cruise to take advantage of a new promo.

And that's what I figured. Hopefully my TA sorts it, and I'm also paid in full now and not going to get another invoice 😎

5 minutes ago, robmtx said:

And that's what I figured. Hopefully my TA sorts it, and I'm also paid in full now and not going to get another invoice 😎

Curious, please report back if you find out.

I'm too embarrassed to report back.. But I will. My girlfriend had it adjusted back in April for the kids sail free offer. I didn't have the most up to date invoice. The invoice was a PDF with a link to pay online... So I was opening the old one but the link still took me to the correct pricing. So yay me for finding bonus money!