Promo not showing up on reservations

Knickearth

Booked a cruise that had a promo for free specialty dinner.  Paid for cruise but no where in my reservation forms (travel summary or credits) does it read that we get a specialty dinner.  Do I contact Princess or my travel agent?

Thanks

The 1-week specialty dining promo that finished recently, also does not show up on our reservations. My CVP said it was because we can't even choose the restaurant with this promotion, but that it will be honored on board. I'm printing out the e-mails!

26 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The 1-week specialty dining promo that finished recently, also does not show up on our reservations. My CVP said it was because we can't even choose the restaurant with this promotion, but that it will be honored on board. I'm printing out the e-mails!

Mine shows up under Onboard Reservations, at the bottom?  I hate when the paperwork has it but not he personalizer.  It's happened before when we booked a Sip N Sail cruise. 

30 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

I could not find my specialty dining listed anywhere! I called and the Princess rep told me to go to Travel Summary, Print Travel Summary. There it was listed as I scrolled to the bottom. 

Janet

Same here. Had a sudden brainstorm which sent me to the Travel Summary, and there it was!

• Like 1

I admit that this seems different in that it appears to list the dinner as a gift from the TA.  At first I was wondering if my TA messed up the reservation and the TA just decided to comp us for them.  Glad that this confirms that it's just the way this perk is noted.

10 hours ago, sun&sea said:

I could not find my specialty dining listed anywhere! I called and the Princess rep told me to go to Travel Summary, Print Travel Summary. There it was listed as I scrolled to the bottom. 

Janet

Thank you!  I was looking for the beverage package on my reservation and couldn't find it.   This is exactly where I found it.  

• Like 1

well, I want to share  that I did check the "print travel summary and the onboard reservations" and it does not show up.  So I contacted my TA.  She wrote that she had contacted Princess and they know nothing about a specialty restaurant promo.

I did write her back letting her know that kind people of Cruise Critic actually posted a picture of the original offer.  So now she (my TA) gets back to me listing the other promo items I am getting from her firm as well as those I earned anyhow.  Translation: you should be happy with what you have gotten.

Yes, I probably should be happy but it disturbs me that they possibly might be offering promos and then not honoring them.  So I would rather get the promo and know they are honoring them.

6 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Yes, I probably should be happy but it disturbs me that they possibly might be offering promos and then not honoring them.  So I would rather get the promo and know they are honoring them.

Are you saying that you think Princess might be offering promos then not honoring them?

I'm of the opinion that your TA may have made a mistake and not upgraded your booking in time or at all. My friend's TA told her that the only way to get the promo was to upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite. By the time my friend and I finished emailing each other about it (yeah, we both tend to procrastinate), the offer was no longer in effect. She lost out due to a combination of her TA not handling it correctly and our procrastination.

I'm sorry that happened in your case.

I think various posters above are writing about different types of free Specialty Dining.  Sometimes it is part of a TA promotion or gift - nothing to do with Princess sale type.  In this case, the Free Dining shows up under Onboard Reservations in Cruise Personalizer (all the way to the bottom).  It also shows up in the Travel Summary.  And it obviously is dependent on booking with a TA offering it and having it be applied to a particular booking.

Sometimes it is part of a Princess Sales Promo in which case everyone gets it for eligible bookings.  An example of this just occurred recently when Princess added on a Specialty Dining credit in addition to the regular 3FF benefits.  It was for a limited time.  However, Princess still had the original 3FF sales codes in effect that did not include the dining benefit.  You had to book, or be booked, under the correct code.  On top of those variances, each promotion code came in both a Refundable Deposit (RD) version and a Non-Refundable Deposit (NRD) version.  It is possible if someone was asking a TA to do the booking for them, that they might have been booked under the incorrect code and missed the benefit.  

Edited by steelers36

8 hours ago, Knickearth said:

well, I want to share  that I did check the "print travel summary and the onboard reservations" and it does not show up.  So I contacted my TA.  She wrote that she had contacted Princess and they know nothing about a specialty restaurant promo.

I did write her back letting her know that kind people of Cruise Critic actually posted a picture of the original offer.  So now she (my TA) gets back to me listing the other promo items I am getting from her firm as well as those I earned anyhow.  Translation: you should be happy with what you have gotten.

You have not indicated which promo you booked under.  Was it the recent bonus benefit on top of the current 3FF sales promotion?  Or, was it an agency promotion?

How did you book the cruise?  Yourself making it, or the TA you mentioned?  It is entirely possible the TA booked you under the wrong code.  IDK why she got the answer from Princess.  The promo is over now, but you might think the Princess rep would remember it from dealing with customers and so forth over the several days it was running. 

See if you can find out what 3-character sales code you were booked under.  Is it K9G or N9G (NRD and RD with $100 deposit and no dining bonus)?  Is it K9J or N9J ($100 deposit and dining bonus)?  Or something else, perhaps?  

You didn't mention the "goodies" your TA is offering.  It is possible that the 3FF dining promotion was done in cooperation with TA's and perhaps your agency was offering other things?  But, AFAIK, anything Princess is offering should be available to all customers.  If this isn't sorted out with a logical explanation, perhaps you need to find a new TA.

Edited by steelers36

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

You have not indicated which promo you booked under.  Was it the recent bonus benefit on top of the current 3FF sales promotion?  Or, was it an agency promotion?

How did you book the cruise?  Yourself making it, or the TA you mentioned?  It is entirely possible the TA booked you under the wrong code.  IDK why she got the answer from Princess.  The promo is over now, but you might think the Princess rep would remember it from dealing with customers and so forth over the several days it was running. 

See if you can find out what 3-character sales code you were booked under.  Is it K9G or N9G (NRD and RD with $100 deposit and no dining bonus)?  Is it K9J or N9J ($100 deposit and dining bonus)?  Or something else, perhaps?  

You didn't mention the "goodies" your TA is offering.  It is possible that the 3FF dining promotion was done in cooperation with TA's and perhaps your agency was offering other things?  But, AFAIK, anything Princess is offering should be available to all customers.  If this isn't sorted out with a logical explanation, perhaps you need to find a new TA.

Hopefully, to clarify for everyone.  I booked this thru my TA.  Princess was the party offering the specialty dinner.  I did not book the 3FF.  

Since my TA says she knew nothing about this I assume she used a different code.  We are getting a 50. onboard credit promo each and a 30. travel agent grp promo.  In addition, the future cruise dep. and the stock obc as well.

I don't mind so much but we are travelling with others who are new to cruising and they booked with us and won't begetting the additional credits.

53 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Hopefully, to clarify for everyone.  I booked this thru my TA.  Princess was the party offering the specialty dinner.  I did not book the 3FF.  

Since my TA says she knew nothing about this I assume she used a different code.  We are getting a 50. onboard credit promo each and a 30. travel agent grp promo.  In addition, the future cruise dep. and the stock obc as well.

I don't mind so much but we are travelling with others who are new to cruising and they booked with us and won't begetting the additional credits.

When a TA books a cruise on Princess there are two choices for fare codes....one is the TA's created agency group and the other whatever promotion Princess is currently running.  If there are no promotions currently running, the agency group is often the better deal, because there are price drops and amenity gifts like OBC.

If the booking was made during the 3FF promotion and after the refundable deposits and specialty FP dining were added as perks, they would automatically come up during the booking process and be added to the booking ONLY IF the TA chose the Princess promotional sales code rather than the agency group code while the booking was being made.

It sounds like maybe your TA chose the agency group rather than the promotion, or maybe the promotion didn't exist yet when your booking was created.  A diligent TA pays attention to promotions and will rebook if the deal doesn't make the base price go up.....and if it increases it a little or not enough to cancel out the value of the promotion, will ask if you want to rebook for the promotion.  Of course it would have to be before final payment.

Hope this made sense, it's a bit convoluted to explain 

Edited by vjmatty
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

When a TA books a cruise on Princess there are two choices for fare codes....one is the TA's created agency group and the other whatever promotion Princess is currently running.  If there are no promotions currently running, the agency group is often the better deal, because there are price drops and amenity gifts like OBC.

If the booking was made during the 3FF promotion and after the refundable deposits and specialty FP dining were added as perks, they would automatically come up during the booking process and be added to the booking ONLY IF the TA chose the Princess promotional sales code rather than the agency group code while the booking was being made.

It sounds like maybe your TA chose the agency group rather than the promotion, or maybe the promotion didn't exist yet when your booking was created.  A diligent TA pays attention to promotions and will rebook if the deal doesn't make the base price go up.....and if it increases it a little or not enough to cancel out the value of the promotion, will ask if you want to rebook for the promotion.  Of course it would have to be before final payment.

Hope this made sense, it's a bit convoluted to explain 

I’ve seen with my personal bookings if there are group amenities that they are applied regardless of choosing group space. Our last two of ours that I have booked had additional OBC due to another agent having group space. I don’t know if it’s always the case, but I do know I definitely booked under codes other than the group. 

2 hours ago, phred119s said:

I’ve seen with my personal bookings if there are group amenities that they are applied regardless of choosing group space. Our last two of ours that I have booked had additional OBC due to another agent having group space. I don’t know if it’s always the case, but I do know I definitely booked under codes other than the group. 

Now that you mentioned it I checked my own booking and you’re right... there is our measly little $60 OBC per stateroom (only 4 amenity points on a 10 day sailing 🙄) I hadn’t noticed because it was all added up with the promotional OBC, my $50 commodore OBC and DH’s military benefit. 

• Like 2

I think we as consumers just need to be as informed as possible and do some research and not assume a TA knows everything and is going to do the best thing.  I also expect to monitor Princess pricing and promotions after booking. 

My TA's booking website can indicate all sorts of booking options for the same price, but they don't all come with the same perks.  I agree with @phred119s because we typically have some amount of TA OBC in addition to any Princess OBC promotion, etc.  I recently booked two cruises under 3FF for Winter 2021.  In addition to the 3FF free grats, cabin price reduction, and OBC, plus the bonus specialty dining, my TA's company had a group OBC of $30/pp.  In fact these cruises had TWO different TA OBC codes - one for $25 and one for $30, so I was careful to book the $30 OBC group code (why not?).  Our bookings almost always combine Princess benefits, plus the TA group OBC, and we get an excellent discount off the base fare every time. 

I believe the group OBC is limited in the sense that it can go away if the limit number of cabins are sold.  I recall re-faring one booking and the group OBC was gone, but we were saving much more than the loss of that OBC. 

I am sorry that @Knickearth appears to have missed out on a benefit and should have had to feel guilty from the TA pointing out other Princess benefits received such as FCD OBC (we get that too) and shareholder OBC (yup, us too).  There is no reason any customer should not receive all entitlements.  Don't know when your cruise is, but if before final payment, keep an eye out for promotions.  Anniversary Sale is next and 3FF is still going on until next Thursday.  It may be advantageous to switch.

• Like 1