Junior suite on Anthem

ante2001

I know this subject has most likely been covered a thousand times but I cant seem to find it. How are the Jr suites on the Anthem and what perks come  with that category? I have sailed on the Anthem before but never in a Jr suite. Any information would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

13 minutes ago, ante2001 said:

I believe we are in a

spa suite

We sailed in what used to be called a spa JS in January.  We found it to be a smaller JS with a split bathroom.  There was one bathroom with a sink and toilet and another that had a sink, tub and a stand alone rain shower.  Cabin had a loveseat size sofa with a chaise extension.  Cabin was fine but we have had larger JS on other class ships.

17 minutes ago, ante2001 said:

I believe we are in a

spa suite

We had a spa JR suite on deck 7. Modern and spacious, quiet despite being by the elevators. Loved the full bath and part bath to get ready in. We are in a Family JR suite in January because that was the only one left or I would have loved to have had a spa suite with the extra big balcony! Enjoy!

11 minutes ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

We had a spa JR suite on deck 7. Modern and spacious, quiet despite being by the elevators. Loved the full bath and part bath to get ready in. We are in a Family JR suite in January because that was the only one left or I would have loved to have had a spa suite with the extra big balcony! Enjoy!

You sure you were in a spa JS?  Neither of the bathrooms is a full bathroom in the spa JS.

The Spa JS's we've stayed in have the toilet separate from the tub, which was interesting.  Other than that, it was a nice cabin.

The access to Coastal Kitchen is a whole lot easier, and the room is super nice.  As soon as you get on board, head up there to make reservations, as you can.  MUCH better than the MDR.

2 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

The Spa JS's we've stayed in have the toilet separate from the tub, which was interesting.  Other than that, it was a nice cabin.

The access to Coastal Kitchen is a whole lot easier, and the room is super nice.  As soon as you get on board, head up there to make reservations, as you can.  MUCH better than the MDR.

That was what we had too, neither bathroom is a full bath.  We enjoyed our cabin, it is just smaller than others we have had.  I just checked Serenade, which we came off Sunday, cabin is 293 sq ft vs 267 sq ft for Anthem spa JS.  I also checked what we had on Freedom and that was 320 sq ft.  Didn't bother to check others.

We also loved Coastal Kitchen on Anthem, we found the food to be better than CK on Oasis.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That was what we had too, neither bathroom is a full bath.  We enjoyed our cabin, it is just smaller than others we have had.  I just checked Serenade, which we came off Sunday, cabin is 293 sq ft vs 267 sq ft for Anthem spa JS.  I also checked what we had on Freedom and that was 320 sq ft.  Didn't bother to check others.

We also loved Coastal Kitchen on Anthem, we found the food to be better than CK on Oasis.

In jr spa suite tomorrow. Haven’t been to costal kitchen before. Going up theory as soon as we board, did you have any issues getting reservations and could you make for multiple nights or day by day?

8 hours ago, alfaeric said:

The access to Coastal Kitchen is a whole lot easier.......  Reserving a jr. or full suite is a suite amenity. If you have a gold card you are also eligible for coastal kitchen. Without being invited by suite or Pinnacle this going to be difficult.    

7 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

In jr spa suite tomorrow. Haven’t been to costal kitchen before. Going up theory as soon as we board, did you have any issues getting reservations and could you make for multiple nights or day by day?

We were able to book reservations for the entire week. We got the time we wanted for every night except one. We booked as soon as they opened on day one. There is a podium right outside CK that is manned when they are open. 

6 hours ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

Full bath as in one has a tub and shower with a sink. I consider that a full bath.Other side has the toilet and sink.

There is one type of JS on Anthem that has a full bath and a half bath as both bathrooms have a toilet. This is not the case with a spa JS.

1 hour ago, gc said:

The access to Coastal Kitchen is a whole lot easier.......  Reserving a jr. or full suite is a suite amenity. If you have a gold card you are also eligible for coastal kitchen. Without being invited by suite or Pinnacle this going to be difficult.    

We are upcoming on our 5th Anthem cruise, all but one in JS- and we've never had an issue not getting a reservation in CK.  

This isn't anything like the Oasis class ships where the desk is inside the door, and you have to hope that you can get in,  It's also a pretty darned large dining area, even for all of the suites.  

So in a month, we will head up to CK, make our reservations, and be happy.

(next time we board the Anthem after this one, we will have a white card- since that's the color for Pinnacle guests on her)

12 hours ago, ante2001 said:

I believe we are in a

spa suite

We loved our spa Jr suite last year.  The split bathroom was the best part.  DH could be shaving while I was showering  without fogging up the mirror.  We always stay in JS,  but will get a spa one again on Anthem.  We've only eaten in CK on Oasis for dinner one time.  It was okay, nothing special.

8 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were able to book reservations for the entire week. We got the time we wanted for every night except one. We booked as soon as they opened on day one. There is a podium right outside CK that is manned when they are open. 

how is the food in Ck

1 minute ago, ante2001 said:

how is the food in Ck

We enjoyed it.  First night there is a filet mignon that I felt was prepared better than the one I had in Chops.  Lots of different fish options.  Delicious breads and spreads served when you first sit down.  Only issue we have had with CK was on Oasis when the lobster tails were served way under cooked.  Skipped the lobster on Anthem and went with the scallops, they were delicious.  We just like the quieter atmosphere and food that is not mass prepared as it is in the MDR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

IMHO, CK on the Anthem is better than the Oasis.  Well, it was actually the Allure, but I hear they are almost identical.  But on the Anthem, there's a dedicated kitchen right there for CK.  Really nice.

We thought the same thing.  Service was better, food was hotter, overall atmosphere and experience was a step up from what we experienced on Oasis.