Awful Guaranteed Cabin

rcarrosq

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is simply supply and demand.  Carnival has expanded this program, from cabins they controlled, to all cabins - based upon availability.   

It makes sense for Carnival to try to get extra cash from upgrades in the last couple of days.  We booked an inside cabin 3 weeks before sailing to celebrate my early retirement (58 yo) from corporate America.  Since this was a short 4 day sailing a balcony at their current prices did not make sense.  

It would be a good strategic tactic for Carnival, in the last two days before sailing, to offer upgrades for available balconies & suites to Gold and above levels, but a discount below the last quoted rates.  As a CCL shareholder for over 10 years, I think this is a great way to generate additional revenues.

49 minutes ago, CruiseHealing said:

It makes sense for Carnival to try to get extra cash from upgrades in the last couple of days.  We booked an inside cabin 3 weeks before sailing to celebrate my early retirement (58 yo) from corporate America.  Since this was a short 4 day sailing a balcony at their current prices did not make sense.  

It would be a good strategic tactic for Carnival, in the last two days before sailing, to offer upgrades for available balconies & suites to Gold and above levels, but a discount below the last quoted rates.  As a CCL shareholder for over 10 years, I think this is a great way to generate additional revenues.

I AGREE

2 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

I also agree. The more revenue Carnival can generate the better for keeping cabin rates lower. How about an EXCLUSIVIO promotion, where for an additional $500 you can board BEFORE P&Ds ! Than distribute half of that promotion back to the P&Ds on board. 🙂

I'm sure there would be some peeing-in-their-pants cruisers that would jump all over this. 🙄

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

They already do this. Over the last few years I have gotten numerous upsell calls within a few days of a cruise, including a call the afternoon before a cruise on Sunshine earlier this year. Every time I have received one of these calls I have accepted the offer because it would have been crazy to turn it down in my book based on the price. I don’t know if being Platinum helped or if we were just lucky, but from my personal experience and from talking with friends who also cruise frequently, Carnival is definitely already doing what you suggested. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

We have only received 2 calls and 1 email ever. The offers were not very good. I did call about the emailed offer and talked to my PVP. The original offer was to upgrade to a suite from a balcony for $1200. Not a great deal. I offered to take the deal for $400 and after a brief hold they took my offer. None of these were actually close to sail date. Have never received any offers as date was close.