Electrical outlets on Royal

Luv2escape

Can anyone who has sailed in a Mini Suite on the Royal, tell me if there is an electrical outlet next to the bed (queen configuration)?

DH needs one for his CPAP.  We are packing and need to know if we need an extension cord. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Luv2escape said:

Can anyone who has sailed in a Mini Suite on the Royal, tell me if there is an electrical outlet next to the bed (queen configuration)?

DH needs one for his CPAP.  We are packing and need to know if we need an extension cord. Thanks.

I would strongly guess no.  I asked in the thread on the brand new SKY princess and the couple had a premium suite and they did NOT have outlets.  The nightstand light did have a USB outlet though.  

We did the Royal in May in a regular balcony and they did not have outlets near the bed.  I had to string an extension cord.

I just came back from the Caribbean Princess and there was only one outlet at the desk which we had to multi task big time.

IMG_0917.jpeg

I don't know the answer to your question, but we are sailing on the Royal in December (mini suite) and I just watched a video on YouTube, (type in minisuite Royal Princess) with which I remember the host of the video I watched saying the only outlet in the cabin was at the desk (none in the bathroom).....so maybe take a look at youtube and see if that helps.

35 minutes ago, Beave8920 said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but we are sailing on the Royal in December (mini suite) and I just watched a video on YouTube, (type in minisuite Royal Princess) with which I remember the host of the video I watched saying the only outlet in the cabin was at the desk (none in the bathroom).....so maybe take a look at youtube and see if that helps.

The closest outlet is at the desk. As stated above, bring extension cords.  

There are additional outlets behind the TV. We use these for setting up a charging station for all those dang devices we HAVE to travel with now days. It helps if you are tall to get to these as you need a long reach. We use two extension cords for the bed both 9 foot. Plug one into the other to allow power on both sides of the bed. Use another for the laptop if we bring it and one more for the charging station. Some people use a multi plugin for USB charger.  This is good if it has enough amps to drive all the devices you might plug in.

Some cabins have a 220 European stile socket behind the bed, but I have not checked the Royal class ships.

A mini cabin and a balcony cabin are fairly identical with the exception of the added room size etc.  The layout of the electrical outlets are the same, over the desk with two outlets very close together.  The outlets are rated at 15 amps so all extension cords will handle it however the cheap ones will have only two prongs so be aware of trying to use three prong plugs with them.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, if you want any power on the night table, you must run an extension cord across the floor?  I am talking about a mini suite where , on the royal, the desk is opposite the night tables.  On the grand class ships the desk was adjacent to the bed.  Seems like a potential hazard this way.

15 minutes ago, atdahop said:

So, if I am understanding this correctly, if you want any power on the night table, you must run an extension cord across the floor?  I am talking about a mini suite where , on the royal, the desk is opposite the night tables.  On the grand class ships the desk was adjacent to the bed.  Seems like a potential hazard this way.

Yes you are understanding it correctly.  It’s pretty bad when a brand new ship like the Sky Princess does not even have it.   My room steward would actually use large duct tape to tape an industrial extension cord across the floor.   Royal Caribbean new ships are a little better in this arena.

we just did a New England cruise tour and staid at Fairmonts in Toronto, Ottawa, Montebello, and Montréal.   In each place they had nightstands on each side of the bed with built in outlets.   They get it but Princess is way behind it’s customer base.

Here's a pix from behind the bed in a minisuite (L222) on the Royal earlier this year. So we brought the adaptor plug to fit into the recessed euro outlet plus the 3 in 1 plug and you can plug the CPAP into that and you have room for 2 other items to plug in.Please note that the CPAPs can use either 220 or 110 and you don't need a converter. You need to pull the bed way back to see this and reach it. We had our cabin attendant help.

princess electrical.JPG

Edited by Clampram
forgot something

We've stayed in quite a few mini suites on both Royal and Regal and have always had an outlet behind the bed....mind you it is not always easy to see without moving the mattress. We always bring a short electrical extension just in case but have never had to use it on Princess. We have had to use it in many hotels, though

16 hours ago, Clampram said:

Here's a pix from behind the bed in a minisuite (L222) on the Royal earlier this year.

I think you must be wrong!!! 🙂

There are many posts in this thread saying the only outlets in a cabin are at the desk, and behind the TV.

Even though I have used the outlets you describe behind the bed many times, I must be wrong too!

It does make me wonder where the nightstand lights are plugged in...

(this may not be possible in full suites)

And, I certainly wouldn't bring something like this (from amazon) to plug into the outlet.

61V6kCQ4L3L._AC_SL1387_.jpg

Just in case anyone else doesn't want to buy such an adapter, this is the link on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A17I1VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This lets you plug in the nightstand lamp, and a US-style plug.

Note that it doesn't change voltage, so anything you plug in needs to be rated for 220.

• 4 years later...

I just ordered the splitter pictured above only I used Walmart.com. It only cost $5.75 including shipping and tax, delivered to Hawaii. Way cheaper than Amazon.