Horizon Court Dinner Items/Menu

Gorilla Girl

I have always dined in the main dining rooms on past cruises but will be cruising for 21 days this December so I’m sure we i’ll dine in the Horizon Court on a few evenings so I was wondering what their munu’s are like.  Is it similar to their lunch offerings or do they serve any of the main dining room menu items as well?

Just now, Gorilla Girl said:

Is it similar to their lunch offerings or do they serve any of the main dining room menu items as well?

Occasionally they will have some of the same items as the DR offers but most times they're different especially on formal nights. 

Yes some of the items are the same.  The soup of the day is the same at lunch and dinner and in the main dinning room.  Sometimes the starters will be close but the main entrees  items are not the same. You will have a roast station that will be beef, pork, or chicken.  But must items are things that can be done in bulk and held in warmers. 

Usually different than lunch, but some items are always available. A lot depends on your ship. Royal class ships have much larger selections than non royal lass. The Caribbean always has youth selections for lunch and dinner. Some like pasta & meatballs are pretty good.

Which ship?  Royal Class buffets are huge with lots of options at dinner.  Their theme night section is bigger than the theme offerings on Grand class ships.  

Buffet menus used to mirror about 75% of the dining room menu but in recent years this is less so.   

1 hour ago, Gorilla Girl said:

Thanks for the information.  We will be on the Sky Princess and then move to the Regal for another 2 weeks.

The dinner buffet on these class of ships is fabulous.  So many choices, salad bar with every conceivable item, desserts, fruit, cheeses, etc.  And theme nights too! We love the buffet on these ships, seating is easy and you can eat anytime without fear of having to wait! 

• Like 2

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Just stepped off of the Royal Princess yesterday.  We thought that their buffet was fabulous.  Loved the grilled vegetables at lunch time.  I usually lose weight on a cruise but this time I gained 2 pounds in 12 days (two cruises two weeks apart).  Enjoy!

We too just walked off the Royal yesterday and thought the food in both the buffet and dining room were pretty darn good.    Lucky you only 2 pounds.   Unlucky me 7 pounds heavier.   

• Like 2

Hi,

We like the buffet on any of the princess ships but everyone is right that the royal/regal have a big selection of items to choose from and they have more announced theme nights.

We were on the Crown Princess in March and they had some theme nights as well.

You just need to look at the patter- it will say if the Horizon Court is doing a theme night.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy

On 10/27/2019 at 4:27 PM, waltd said:

We too just walked off the Royal yesterday and thought the food in both the buffet and dining room were pretty darn good.    Lucky you only 2 pounds.   Unlucky me 7 pounds heavier.   

That’s only because I have a desk job and I don’t normally walk several miles a day. If it wasn’t for the walking I bet I’d be 10 pounds heavier.  I feel like I’m starving now that I’m home. 

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That’s only because I have a desk job and I don’t normally walk several miles a day. If it wasn’t for the walking I bet I’d be 10 pounds heavier.  I feel like I’m starving now that I’m home. 

I'm feeling the same way.   LOL   Eating salads again and planning for the next cruise.

Joe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We alternated the restaurants so we can taste as much different food as possible. Between the dining room, the Fresh market, the specialty restaurants, the International cafe, and of course the pizza and grill bar. All of it was super delicious, I was just not fond of the Bavarian night, because I am vegetarian 🙂 You will find some of the dishes they serve in the dining room in the buffet too, but not a lot.  Tasty sailing!

• Like 1