Verizon Unlimited..can you use on ship? Explorer?

Heatherco

Hi there!  We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in February and I am debating whether to add the internet package or not.  We have unlimited service with Verizon and utilize their TravelPass when traveling to other countries.  I am wondering, however, if it will work on the ship as well?  

We have t sailed in a few years so I cannot remember.  Any advice is really appreciated!

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Heatherco said:

Hi there!  We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in February and I am debating whether to add the internet package or not.  We have unlimited service with Verizon and utilize their TravelPass when traveling to other countries.  I am wondering, however, if it will work on the ship as well?  

We have t sailed in a few years so I cannot remember.  Any advice is really appreciated!

Thanks!

No, Verizon does not have packages that work on the ship.  Verizon actually doesn't even support data on the ships anymore, just voice and text.

14 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

Ok thank you!  That’s what I wasn’t sure of.  Will do the internet package then.  

If you have not done this already, make sure you set up WiFi calling at home.  This way your phone will be fully functional over the ship's WiFi.

17 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

Ok thank you!  That’s what I wasn’t sure of.  Will do the internet package then.  

That is what we do.  I would suggest you check out what the current offerings are closer to your sailing date though as Verizon likes to change rates and things often.  I use the interactive trip planner about a week prior to sailing so I have up to date information. 🙂 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

Other option is switch to T-Mobile.

No charge access to text (unlimited free), data (unlimited free, but only 2G), and calling (25 cents per minute) in over 240 countries.  😄

19 minutes ago, SRF said:

No charge access to text (unlimited free), data (unlimited free, but only 2G), and calling (25 cents per minute) in over 240 countries.  😄

T Mobile works on Royal?  Could not locate this on their site.

41 minutes ago, SRF said:

That applies to port stops only, not onboard when connected to Cellular at Sea.

9 hours ago, bilyclub said:

Then totally useless on a ship. Every provider is like that, why switch to T Mobile?

For all the ports you visit.  And any land vacations you take.

Or international work travel.