Non-Muzak Spots on the Edge

flowery

LOL- sounds awful! On other ships he's tried to get the volume lowered without success. Muzac early in the morning at Cafe al Bacio is hard on anyone! I wonder how many others are bothered by the noise pollution. Is Edge particularly bad?

2 hours ago, flowery said:

LOL- sounds awful! On other ships he's tried to get the volume lowered without success. Muzac early in the morning at Cafe al Bacio is hard on anyone! I wonder how many others are bothered by the noise pollution. Is Edge particularly bad?

Maybe the majority like it.

• Like 1

It was especially “memorable”  last December when, while sitting at Cafe al Bacio there was one set of songs coming from the martini bar and a different set simultaneously coming from the Cafe.....the definition of cacophony........each with it’s own “boom boom boom “ bass rhythm, incessant and annoying.  Each morning I begged them to turn off one or the other (or both) so I could enjoy my coffee in peace.  Only once was I successful.  It was the number one reason I will never sail Edge again.

The ‘boom, boom, boom’ not loud but repetitive on the Equinox retreat deck pecked our heads....My husband and I thought it was annoying but our young adult son (target market?) found it equally annoying....

Background music never usually breaks through to my consciousness unless it is a really good song or obnoxious. I don't remember thinking about any background music on the Edge, except interestingly, the Retreat Sundeck many times was playing some kind of tuneless, lyric-less sound that was annoying (kind of like spa background music, without the pretty tones that lend peace and relaxation). I imagine it has been replaced by now. I don't remember Cafe al Bacio having annoying music, cruisestich, but I didn't spend a lot of time there. Although a pretty space with the same favorites to eat and drink, for some reason I wasn't drawn there as much as the CABs on other ships.  I tended to head to Eden for my zen space, with nice view, munchies and tea (though the cheap stuff, instead of the wonderful Tea Forte) - I can't even remember if there was canned music playing there.  I'm trying to think of places they wouldn't have some music playing on most ships - maybe some of the more remote areas of the sundecks don't have speakers nearby?

Edited by vtcruising

While it varies by CD, on some ships Ensemble is a “quiet zone” during the daytime.and is even designated as such in the Daily.   On most ships, the Sky Lounge is pretty quiet during the day as well.  Outside of events, Celebrity Central is generally quiet.too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

While it varies by CD, on some ships Ensemble is a “quiet zone” during the daytime.and is even designated as such in the Daily.   On most ships, the Sky Lounge is pretty quiet during the day as well.  Outside of events, Celebrity Central is generally quiet.too.

Thanks! I didn’t realize that.

My husband couldn’t believe how loud it was in the Edge Ocean View cafe at 6:30 or 7 a.m.  

His take on Celebrity’s loud music (which has been an annoyance on many X ships, but not all, for years) is that the crew turns it up loud for their own enjoyment while setting up, and there are not enough management people paying attention to how annoying it is by the time passengers begin to show up at a venue.

Even in the small (by new ship standards) martini bar on the old Century, techno music would blast away so loud that no one could carry on a conversation. 

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 2

That was one of the reason I turned my back on X- loud, blasting, canned music all over the place! No one there to see to things- so to speak. I switched to Cunard- they have canned music in places too- but not loud and not all over the place!

The overall experience with Cunard reminds of the X of the former days.

The hit their goal and attracted passengers who love that loud blasting music!