upgrade email

jancl57

45 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

After. My final payment was almost a month ago. To be clear, I paid final payment when it was due. Not before. 

My final payment is 90 days before our Feb 22 cruise and 120 days before our May 28 cruise.  Wonder why 3 months for one and 4 months for the other?

3 hours ago, Bonnie1222 said:

Question. If you booked thru a TA does your agent have to bid or can you bid yourself?  Who do you pay? And how long does it take for you to know if you are successful?

We got the email and our TA is away for a couple days.

Not sure how "urgent" it is to jump on this or do we have time?  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You follow the directions on the email to the link, decide on the price you want to bid, put in your credit card information, save and you will get a email that your request to bid was accepted, then normally 2 to 5 business days before sailing you will get your acceptance, if they have space of course and your bid is high enough, if not 48 hours prior you'll get your denial email 

3 hours ago, kathbril said:

Is there any way to "provoke" an upgrade e-mail?

Booked through a TA and we did not receive one although I know that our cruise is not fully booked out and fellow cruisers did receive the upgrade mail.

Asked the TA and he said he can´t do anything as this is centrally driven by NCL and he can´t influence it.

Would it help to call NCL directly and ask? 

You can call ncl direct but doubt they can do anything for you, sounds like your ta does not participate a lot do not

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You follow the directions on the email to the link, decide on the price you want to bid, put in your credit card information, save and you will get a email that your request to bid was accepted, then normally 2 to 5 business days before sailing you will get your acceptance, if they have space of course and your bid is high enough, if not 48 hours prior you'll get your denial email 

Thank you for your help.  So they need the credit card to hold the bid, and they only charge you if you win; is that correct?  We have a sailaway inside and don't have a big budget for this cruise but where thinking about trying for a balcony.  I know what we can swing isn't a lot and it's a gamble but why not try right?  Do they ever award you a bid for less than the amount you entered (you bid 300 pp and they award you the room for 250pp? or do they just say yes, we like that offer and take it)

And I don't know if you know the answer but what if our current room goes on sale for less than we paid.  Do they honor the lower price? And if we put a bid on the room does it negate the bid?  Sorry for so many questions.... we are used to Disney where you pay the price, and never get discounts after you book your room.  This is all new to us.  (And kind of fun!)

10 minutes ago, Bonnie1222 said:

Thank you for your help.  So they need the credit card to hold the bid, and they only charge you if you win; is that correct?  We have a sailaway inside and don't have a big budget for this cruise but where thinking about trying for a balcony.  I know what we can swing isn't a lot and it's a gamble but why not try right?  Do they ever award you a bid for less than the amount you entered (you bid 300 pp and they award you the room for 250pp? or do they just say yes, we like that offer and take it)

And I don't know if you know the answer but what if our current room goes on sale for less than we paid.  Do they honor the lower price? And if we put a bid on the room does it negate the bid?  Sorry for so many questions.... we are used to Disney where you pay the price, and never get discounts after you book your room.  This is all new to us.  (And kind of fun!)

They only charge you if you win, and no why if you bid 250 would you be awarded the price at 200, you'll see when you follow the link provided the minimum to maximum price you can bid, you pick what your comfortable with and bid, and depending on availability and price you might might not get it

as far as price reductions on your inside if the price goes down you can call your ta and ask for onboard credit but it's a one time deal in the amount of 25 percent of difference, price goes down 100 per person you would maybe get 25 per person onboard credit no guarantee 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bonnie1222 said:

I'm pretty sure they won't discount your bid.

If your current room goes on sale, you can always ask for an adjustment.  If you are before the final payment date, you can always rebook.  Since you are sailaway, you don't have any perks to consider.  After final payment, they seem to entertain a single upgrade pretty regularly, assuming that what you want is available.  A second upgrade is possible, but might take more sweet-talking.  I went on a cruise with family and was able to upgrade the inside double-occupancy room to OV the first time, had to get "supervisor" permission to upgrade again to balcony.  2nd upgrade cost was much less than my bid for the same upgrade. Triple-occupancy room wasn't able to upgrade and wasn't given an opportunity to bid.

When I upgraded, my bid was canceled - but I hadn't put in any bids for anything other than the balcony I had.  I'm not sure what would happen if a person had bid on say a balcony and a suite, then upgraded to a balcony- best to cancel/adjust your bid if you've bid on something better than you have.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Good Luck!  There is no specific evidence that status matters, so your bid may be the winner!  The challenge is that there are only a few spa rooms. For example, if you were bidding from an ocean view to a balcony, there are over 1000 balcony cabins and some will be vacant. There are less than 30 spa balconies and 20 spa minis, so there is a very small number of rooms with a lot of people bidding on them. Just like bidding on a Haven room (only about 80 of those on the ship with 1400 balcony and mini cabins eligible to bid on them). 

Yep, I knew all this when I bid and know that my chances are slim to none. Lol!

My wife actually wants me to pull the bid because our aunt and uncle have an aft balcony just a few doors down from us on deck 14 and she likes the idea of being so close to them and she's not sure how much we'd actually use the spa. anyway.

My daughter and I are interested in the spa if it's a great deal, which is why I only made a fair bid, and if we won the bid we'd just be 1 deck up and still relatively close.

Whatever happens we'll have a great time on the brand new Encore!

2 hours ago, wilmingtech said:

Do you lose your perks when you upgrade?

Can you add people to your room after you win an upgrade?

You keep the same original perks that you had, and no if say you have 2 balconies and win a upgrade on one to the Haven, no you cannot add people to that haven room and cancel the second balcony, you would have 1 balcony and 1 haven

13 hours ago, jancl57 said:

My final payment is 90 days before our Feb 22 cruise and 120 days before our May 28 cruise.  Wonder why 3 months for one and 4 months for the other?

Are you in a regular cabin for one cruise and suite on the other? I believe the final payment date for suites has been made earlier.

We got our upgrade email yesterday -- 104 days out. Our only option was the DOS, which wouldn't work for us. This is on the Epic and the minimum bid is $750/person.

54 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

Are you in a regular cabin for one cruise and suite on the other? I believe the final payment date for suites has been made earlier.

We got our upgrade email yesterday -- 104 days out. Our only option was the DOS, which wouldn't work for us. This is on the Epic and the minimum bid is $750/person.

We are in an inside for the February cruise and a balcony for the May cruise.  

On 10/29/2019 at 6:29 PM, BirdTravels said:

80 days prior to departure, upgrades are available. 

If you log on to your MyNCL account, the home screen will change to "Let's Get You Upgraded"

image.png.88bec788a255a3c8ebb9db149505fade.png

Help.  I made a bid.  But how the heck do I find where the bidding bar is if I want to change it? I can’t find it on My NCL.  And this particular screen never was on it.  I got an email and did it that way. 

Interesting, I received the email invite to bid yesterday and bid and got a confirming email that they received the bids. But when I log on to my NCL page it doesn't come up- no record of it there and no offer there except the old offer to upgrade beverage package.  This has not happened on my other cruises. I replied to the confirmation email and let them know- and hope for the best. Anyone else have this issue?

I also called but NCL says (as we know) an outside company handles it.

Edited by travelgals
double word

5 minutes ago, travelgals said:

Interesting, I received the email invite to bid yesterday and bid and got a confirming email that they received the bids. But when I log on to my NCL page it doesn't come up- no record of it there and no offer there except the old offer to upgrade beverage package.  This has not happened on my other cruises. I replied to the confirmation email and let them know- and hope for the best. Anyone else have this issue?

I also called but NCL says (as we know) an outside company handles it.

Exact same thing with me. Today I went back To the email they sent and it had a link if I want to change or cancel the bid. Clicked on that and got to it that way. It had my bid. Then I changed my bid and got an email confirmation on that one too. But nothing on MyNCL. 

We got the upgrade email yesterday and we were 105 days out.  I was very surprised to see it so soon.  The last time it was exactly 80 days out.  I am hoping they have a lot of unsold rooms and need to shuffle things around!  There was no notice of the upgrade on My NCL account, only received the email.  Fingers crossed for all that got the upgrade and bidded!!!!!

I’d be interested in opinions.
I’ve received an “invitation” to bid on an upgrade, from a balcony to various Haven cabins as well as Spa mini suites. (Cruise on Bliss 3/1/20). Would it be worth it, and what might a good bid be? 

I’m happy with the cabin I have but wonder...

First time with this upgrade process.

Thanks.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:37 AM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You keep the same original perks that you had, and no if say you have 2 balconies and win a upgrade on one to the Haven, no you cannot add people to that haven room and cancel the second balcony, you would have 1 balcony and 1 haven

This is not what we had in mind, rather - what if we booked planning on leaving the kids at home and we changed our minds and wanted to bring them along?  Could we bid on a 2 bedroom haven upgrading from a penthouse and then add the kids to the room if we get the upgrade?  (If we don't find out about the upgrade until a couple days out I would assume this isn't really an option)

Thanks for the help!

-Sean

It is risky to assume you can add the kids after you win the bid, because while they told me a year ago (when I was in a similar situation) that they have no rule prohibiting adding guests, it would depend upon how many total guests are already booked on the ship and the lifeboat situation when you ask to add them.