beverage package upgrade question

Muffinz

Hi - we received an e-mail from Celebrity saying they have some specials like 15% off shore excursions and 2O% off beverage packages

if we upgrade from Classic to premium beverage package will we get 2O% off the usual upgrade price?

thanks in advance

In my recent cruise planner, we had a sale as well - including a sale on the upgrade - it totalled $75US for the upgrade for 7 day cruise - only $9 per day plus gratuity.  If you log on to your cruise in the cruise planner, you can see the pricing when you add it to the "cart".  I think the price before the sale was around $85 when I had called a few months ago about it.  And some on our cruise used some of their onboard credit to pay for it as well. 

The first sale on beverages packages for our upcoming cruise didn't include a sale price upgrading from classic to premium.  Our most recent sale did include the upgrade, although it was only 10%.  So unfortunately the answer is it depends  🙂 

4 hours ago, Muffinz said:

thanks for the replies..... we got the classic beverage package as a perk so all we want to do is upgrade one of them to premium, so the new $14 surcharge shouldn't apply...

It was not on mine when I put it in my checkout just this week for my Nov cruise which was booked months ago - I have the free Classic Pkg as well.  With the sale in my cruise planner, it was $9 per day plus 20% Grat to upgrade.  The sales vary though... I find even from day to day, you never know what some of the pricing will do - especially with excursions.   

18 hours ago, Muffinz said:

thanks for the replies..... we got the classic beverage package as a perk so all we want to do is upgrade one of them to premium, so the new $14 surcharge shouldn't apply...

The $14 surcharge is an increase in the price of your cruise when you choose the Classic Beverage Package as a perk and not per se an increase in the Classic Package. Thus there is no reduction in the cost to upgrade to Premium.